JL Bikini Top Availability?

Buzz11

First Name
Buzz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLR, 2001 Wrangler TJ Sport
This might not seem like a Bikini top post, but it really is. To use the Sun Rider top as a bikini top, the back needs to be attached using 2 tabs that are visible when the freedom panels are removed (see the picture). I have a soft top and don't have those tabs. Can anyone tell me if those tabs are bolted to the roll bar (meaning I could just order that part), or if they are attached to the hard top.

Tabs.JPG
Sponsored

Greg H

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited JL Rubicon
This might not seem like a Bikini top post, but it really is. To use the Sun Rider top as a bikini top, the back needs to be attached using 2 tabs that are visible when the freedom panels are removed (see the picture). I have a soft top and don't have those tabs. Can anyone tell me if those tabs are bolted to the roll bar (meaning I could just order that part), or if they are attached to the hard top.

Tabs.JPG
They are bolted on. They come with the hardtop to align the freedom panels.

Quadratec

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.quadratec.com
Vehicle(s)
CJ, YJ, XJ, TJ, JK, JL
Mopar now has a sun bonnet. They offer it in black vinyl part number 82215392 or Mesh part number 82215390. Those are the part numbers for the JL Unlimited.
Hey there we have those part numbers listed here:

https://www.quadratec.com/p/mopar/sun-bonnet-jeep-wrangler-unlimited-jl-4-door

We have the Vinyl one in stock at this time. More options be be coming available in the coming months as they are being tested and produced.

We do have lots of mesh options also.

https://www.quadratec.com/categories/jeep_soft_tops/brief_tops_accessories

Mastertop:
MasterTop-Shademaker-Freedom-Mesh-Bikini-Top-Plus-JLU-Black.jpg

https://www.quadratec.com/p/mastertop/shademaker-freedom-mesh-bimini-top-plus-jeep-wrangler-unlimited-jl

Dirty Dog:

Dirty-Dog-4x4-JL4S18F1BK-Front-Sun-Screen-Jeep-Wrangler-JL-Black.jpg

https://www.quadratec.com/p/dirtydog-4x4/front-sun-screen-jeep-wrangler-jl

The Bestop Trektop can be used as a bikini with the windows zipped out of it.

Again, more non mesh options will be released in the coming months.

Have a great weekend,
Hailey

Buzz11

First Name
Buzz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I spoke to Bestop customer service a couple of weeks ago about using the Sunrider top as a bikini. I had seen several posts where Bestop stated it could be used with or without the hardtop. At first, they said no, it wouldn't work. However, after several emails coaxing them to investigate further, it was determined that it could, indeed, be used in this manner. Per the installation manual, the back has a clamp that mounts to the sport bar, not the hard top. My only concern was whether the rear seal might need to be augmented due the the absence of the hard top lip.
Mike,

Just wondering, since this is a year+ later since your original post, have you purchased a SunRider top and used it as a Bikini top? ... and does it work well?

MikeLewisMusic

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon 2 Door, 2.0l Turbo/Automatic
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Mike,

Just wondering, since this is a year+ later since your original post, have you purchased a SunRider top and used it as a Bikini top? ... and does it work well?
Good question...I wanted to, but need a wrap around windjammer to go with it, and have still seen nothing out of Bestop on this product. Sorry, truly wish I could provide input!

Sponsored

Buzz11

First Name
Buzz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Good question...I wanted to, but need a wrap around windjammer to go with it, and have still seen nothing out of Bestop on this product. Sorry, truly wish I could provide input!
Thanks ... I went ahead and ordered one anyway, and the extra parts I need since I don't have the hard top attachment. I hope it works!

ObiMatt87

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara JLU, 2018 Buick Enclave Avenir
Occupation
U.S. Air Force Active Duty (Retired), U.S. Air Force GS Civilian (Current)
I just bought and installed the JTopsUSA full bikini top for my Mojito! 2018 Sahara JLU. Got the tan to match the tan leather and it really looks great, in my opinion. Love the quality of the design and attention to detail from the tuck-in, magnetized leading edge, to the two steel rods front and back that stabilize it, to the outstanding heavy-duty straps and buckles that hold it on. Ran it up to 75 mph and really cuts down on the turbulence over the passenger area. Great at blocking the sun heat, but letting lots of light through.
Made in Abilene, TX, USA!
Excellent product, and I am very happy with it.

IMG_20200424_194337.jpg

IMG_20200424_194350.jpg

IMG_20200425_144345.jpg

IMG_20200425_144410.jpg

Buzz11

First Name
Buzz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Installed a BestTop Sunrider top on a soft top setup, even thought Best Top told me is couldn't be done. I did have to purchase the 2 tabs that hold on the freedom panels, but other than that it works like a charm.

What I really like about this "bikini top" solution is that there is no gap from the door jam to the edge of the top ... so when I get caught in the rain, water doesn't come pouring in.

For_Jeep_Forum_2020_04apr25_002_Sunrider_TonneauCover.jpg

For_JeepForum_2020_04apr25_001_Sunrider_TonneauCover.jpg

For_JeepForum_2020_04apr25_003_Sunrider_TonneauCover.jpg

BasherXt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Rubicon on order
@Bestop are there yet any plans to make something like this trail top for the JL 2 door? Another link with more photos. My neighbor has it for his TJ and it is very nice. Its a frameless top that windows can attach to (maybe utilize the C channel instead of zippers on the TJ one). It is a nicer looking top with no frame to have to deal with and ditch the sunrider. Basically what @Buzz11 did but extend over rear seat?
Sponsored