Sponsored

Diabolical Slipstream Security Enclosure Install and review (with pics)

prw04

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon Billet Silver
In another thread the poster stated he would have trouble opening the lid with his soft top installed. I believe he stated the lid hit the locking mechanisms. He stated Diabolical was aware of this. Can anyone with this enclosure and soft top confirm? I have soft top only and love this concept but if the top doesn't open as intended, well what's the point.
Sponsored

prw04

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon Billet Silver

WhiskeyJoe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jeep Wrangler TJ
For those running this with the subwoofer, any issues with muffled bass or vibrating caused by the sub in the enclosure?

OP
OP
lightsout

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon, 2018 Wrangler Sahara JL, Tesla S
Build Thread
Link
There is no impact as I can tell subs are not directional so it has little to n impact.

Last edited:

Rampart22

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 LJ Rubicon/ 2019 JL Rubicon
Hey all Intersting write ups but to the point, I’m running a mopar tail gate table on the rear uhh tail gate of my JLU. Does anyone know if this install interferes with the gate table. Also has there been any fixes to the instructions, paint quality and rattling pins?

Also does anyone have the actual height of the platform from cargo floor to lowest hanging part of under carriage lid.

Great concept and I’m very interested but cautious of buying yet another part that performs poorly. (Yeah i know I own a Jeep and parts are hit or miss)....

Sponsored

OP
OP
lightsout

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Hey all Intersting write ups but to the point, I’m running a mopar tail gate table on the rear uhh tail gate of my JLU. Does anyone know if this install interferes with the gate table. Also has there been any fixes to the instructions, paint quality and rattling pins?

Also does anyone have the actual height of the platform from cargo floor to lowest hanging part of under carriage lid.

Great concept and I’m very interested but cautious of buying yet another part that performs poorly. (Yeah i know I own a Jeep and parts are hit or miss)....

The height from the bed of the Jeep to the Lip of the lid is 16". My understanding it is designed to accept most if not all of the Gate shelves and boxes. As for the pins I have NO rattles and have not Plasti Dipped them either, so far so good. I am still dissapointed in the extremely poor Powdercoat on mine and the fact Diabolical just blew me off, same with the poor fit around the subwoofer. They make a decent product but lack accountability for sub standard fitment and finish

CMâ›°

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Granite Crystal
For those who own this, do the missing instructions say anything about how much weight can be put on top of the deck where the tie downs are?
:whatsgoingon:

bryan

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini, F250, Forester, 2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
For those who own this, do the missing instructions say anything about how much weight can be put on top of the deck where the tie downs are?
:whatsgoingon:
Well, I have neither the product nor the instructions, but the product description on Diabolical's web site says 250lbs.

CMâ›°

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Granite Crystal
Well, I have neither the product nor the instructions, but the product description on Diabolical's web site says 250lbs.
That’s fairly stout. I’m impressed.

DuckArm

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 4Runner Trail
Does anyone know if the Slipstream is compatible with the Bestop Trektop NX?

I currently have a hard top but was planning on getting the Trektop this summer. If the Slipstream is not compatible, I'll probably have to go with the Tuffy storage box.

Sponsored

OP
OP
lightsout

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Unless the trektop has any components installed below the top edge of the bed compartment there should be no issue,

Tannerdc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 CJ7 upgraded (?) to a 2020 JLUR
I'm looking to buy this immediately. A couple of ?'s...

Is it shipping with the notched lip for the soft top yet?
Is it shipping with the instructions for a JL yet?
Has the powder coating improved or does everyone have an issue with the quality of powder coating?
For those that rec'd 10% discount, was there a code or how did you get the 10% off?

Thanks!

stick

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 2024 JLU Willys 4xe
Vehicle Showcase

Is it shipping with the notched lip for the soft top yet?
Is it shipping with the instructions for a JL yet?
Has the powder coating improved or does everyone have an issue with the quality of powder coating?
For those that rec'd 10% discount, was there a code or how did you get the 10% off?

Thanks!
Mine didn't (ordered Feb 14), it did include a letter from Alan indicating that I could request one by email in March, I sent the email the other day but haven't received it yet.

Instructions I got were pretty JK specific. Things aren't all the different so it wasn't too bad.

My powder coating was spot on haven't seen any issues.

If you have a soft top you should be aware that once the wing-skins are on the soft-top will not go down far enough for the locks on the frame assemblies to engage. Not really a big deal IMO, but something to be aware of. If you put down your soft top and lock the frame assembly and then remove the soft top entirely you won't be able to unlock the frame assembly when you put it back on with the wing skins in place. (the top won't go down far enough to release the locking mechanism)

dblack222

First Name
Derrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR

Thanks!

I haven’t opened and installed yet, but did get discount.

I emailed using the contact form on their page asking if there was a forum discount. They replied back saying no but gave me a code for 10% off and free shipping.

James_a

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Rubicon, 2018 JLU Rubicon
For those of you who have installed the Slipstream and have the Alpine speaker did any of you have an issue with the passenger side wing wall not positioning correctly? My install went off the rails yesterday because the wing wall could not go far enough over...it looks like I'm going to have the wing wall to make it fit...

And a tip for those in the process of installing the instructions for the JK that come with it as well as American Jeepers installation video (awesome install video very helpful) show foam insulation being installed on two sides of the wing skins in reality it only needs it on the one long side of each wing skin. There are small corner piece that slide under the wing skin and sit on the cab corners for the JL version, those corner piece are where the second piece of foam insulation needs to go. I realized this after i had already placed the insulation on the wing skins and trimmed them...Luckily I was able to pull it off and piece enough together to insulate the corners... If you watch the new installation video for the JL version by Diabolical very closely you will see when he places the wing skin on that it is only on the long side. You have to watch closely since its an abbreviated install video only going over the major steps...
Sponsored