First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Moab, '14 Viper
Occupation
Project Manager
I installed the Racor hoist and Topsy products (cable cams, brackets, and straps) over the weekend. I haven’t had my roof on since I installed the hoist. It’s a great addition to the garage!

8C771DFA-F872-4E58-8FB3-FE74BE3C0DFA.jpeg

ACE17628-1785-48BA-9223-AC10CE77EFFF.jpeg
Sponsored

JLRoachicon

First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU RUBICON 2.0 Turbo, 2006 Ducati 999S (RIP)
Vehicle Showcase

BrntWS6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS, 2002 WS6
Looking on the Topsy website their hinge hooks have writing stamped all over them, is this how they really come? I'm willing to shell out $50 for a simple design since it's a nice product but all the advertisements etc on such a small item looks like shit IMO. These vendors and their relentless ads...ugh.

IronScott

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara, 1992 Jeep YJ, 2002 Chevy Silverado
Looking on the Topsy website their hinge hooks have writing stamped all over them, is this how they really come? I'm willing to shell out $50 for a simple design since it's a nice product but all the advertisements etc on such a small item looks like shit IMO. These vendors and their relentless ads...ugh.
Ha ha. I get that sentiment, and yes the logo is on there, but after I installed them I’ve not looked at them since. They just blend into the top and are difficult to notice. I’ve had to point them out to people. I’m sure some people do notice them because they notice everything, but in general they blend in very well regardless of the company logo.

I don’t know of a competing product and this one is fantastic.

Sponsored

BrntWS6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS, 2002 WS6
Ha ha. I get that sentiment, and yes the logo is on there, but after I installed them I’ve not looked at them since. They just blend into the top and are difficult to notice. I’ve had to point them out to people. I’m sure some people do notice them because they notice everything, but in general they blend in very well regardless of the company logo.

I don’t know of a competing product and this one is fantastic.
Thanks....makes me wish I had a machine shop, making these would be a piece of cake. What's funny is another vendor on here stated they stopped putting their logo on everything and said their sales tripled.

Edit: hell I will just lightly sand and spray the damn things, I am way too OCD to leave it like that.

TheJoyceIsYours

First Name
Brendan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lbdesignworks.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Designer
I installed the Racor hoist and Topsy products (cable cams, brackets, and straps) over the weekend. I haven’t had my roof on since I installed the hoist. It’s a great addition to the garage!

Been waiting to buy one of these, but the price keeps going up and there's fewer suppliers out there now.

Looks like there's a tipsy lift coming soon, but can't find any info on it.

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
No company logos on mine. Although it's worth noting mine are an older run of them (first set after they stopped making them red).

Topsy hooks.jpg

Sponsored

swimman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I do have the logos but they are not very noticeable. One would have to be very close in order to view them.

jlewissystem

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR MANUAL Mojito!
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase

Lots of awesomeness here, friend! Love the mojito, garage, TV and Alan Walker ;) :like:

98intrigue

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Moab, '14 Viper
Occupation
Project Manager
Been waiting to buy one of these, but the price keeps going up and there's fewer suppliers out there now.

Looks like there's a tipsy lift coming soon, but can't find any info on it.
I was keeping an eye on prices for a couple of months and you’re right - they only went up. So I bit the bullet. Very happy that I did. It makes the entire process a breeze!

Interested to see what Topsy comes out with.

98intrigue

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Moab, '14 Viper
Occupation
Project Manager
Lots of awesomeness here, friend! Love the mojito, garage, TV and Alan Walker ;) :like:
Thanks! Did we just become best friends? Haha. I had remodeled the garage a little over a year ago for my other car, so had to get the matching Jeep :like:

Patsloft

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLUR
Clubs

I'm looking to build a hardtop hoist and trying to come up with some ideas. Concerns:

1. I could bolt into the rafters, but that could jeopardize the structure of the trusses if I don't get the exact centers, even when using 2x4s cross-ways to distribute the weight - I could mess up several cross beams that way too. I've heard of a few disasters online (not necessarily Jeep hard top specific). It would be a major project getting up into the attic (I have a very low attic, crawl only).

2. I've seen the stand on wheels that they make, but it looks kind of wobbly.

3. I watched several YouTube videos of DIY hardtop hoists and the kind you buy and it looks like the straps, hooks, etc. are creasing the edges and in some cases chipping or marking up the paint. That can't be good.

Brainstorming ideas:

A. How about a lesser expensive engine lift (or used), modify it with a flat tray on the top, attach several thick mover's blankets or thick padding of some kind, then jack it up so only the mover's blankets / padding touches the underside? That way it won't crush the edges. Just need to make the flat tray wide enough so it isn't tipsy.

B. Four pulleys, but instead of straps crushing the edges, put two metal bars front to back but with a tray in he middle with thick padding so it only touches the underside?

C. Other ideas? I've been searching Google, YouTube, Google Images, etc. but there has to be a better mouse trap.

Thanks.
Bolt the rafters and take a deep breath
Sponsored