Sponsored

Dealer Mistake In Lease Agreement - Wants Me To Re-Sign Contract

rubiconfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
rubicon
Looking for advice. The dealer reached out to me asking to re-sign the contract because they mistakenly wrote it with a 15k mileage allowance instead of 10k. I’m skeptical in general in terms of dealers so wanted to lay out my deal here to see if they are up to something…

MSRP: $50,010
Negotiated Sales Price: $47,787
Money Factor: 0.0027
Residual: 62
Lease Term: 39 months

Deposit of $5k
Max Care, oil changes & rotations, auto appearance, tire & wheel: $1,900

My monthly payment is $568

Again, the dealer meant to write the contract for 10k miles but printed $15k on the contract. They also said they were off on the residual because Chrysler told them it is less for manual transmission vehicles but that they adjusted the price so that my payment won’t change…

I don’t know what to believe or watch out for. Please help.
Sponsored

Stingrey

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JTR & 2015 RR
Occupation
Civil Eng.
If they want you to sign a revised deal then I would renegotiate the price paid as well
You can get much more than $2300 off the cost of a Rubicon.
Last Sept I got $7200 (Canadian) below MSRP for my medium optioned JLU Sahara.
Maybe I'm out to lunch with differences in US vs Cad deals

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
That is a crap deal in the first place

What was agreed upon for mileage prior to the contract being signed?

Sponsored

Shenanigans

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubi
Nothing requires you to sign the new contract. If you are happy with the terms, tell them no. If you don’t like the terms, renegotiate. You are in a great position to negotiate on that vehicle because the last thing they want to do is take it back. At the end of the day, you are also in a good position to walk away from it.

They may charge you a penalty for the mileage, but it’s not a crazy amount. I would argue that this is the dealers mistake and I would not pay for it.

Shenanigans

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubi
Double post. My bad.

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
If you are ok with the original agreement resign. If not, tell them no. It is not like they are trying to short you on your agreement.

However, I'm not sure why you would pay for an oil change and rotation package when you will be giving the vehicle back. If you are putting 30k miles on it that is only 5-6 oil changes and a couple rotations for $1900.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Shenanigans

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubi
Hmm, what happened to morals? 10k miles and the monthly payment was agreed upon, a written mistake was made. Why not resign the corrected contract? Screw them over just because they made a mistake?
The dealer probably has the strongest morals in the land. :CWL:

If we made a miscalculation on our end and somehow didn’t like the deal or couldn’t afford it, there is no way in hell they wouldn’t hold us accountable. That road goes both ways. Everyone needs to be on their A game. On my deal, they ended up making a $38k miscalculation and gave me a smoking deal. I happened to point that out.

grady2hig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JLU, 2017 Toyota Sienna XLE 4WD
If you agreed on 10K, then just resign it. You would have signed it if they had printed it correctly... You are doing your research after the fact... that's your own fault.

MaineLotus

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Moab
The dealer probably has the strongest morals in the land. :CWL:

If we made a miscalculation on our end and somehow didn’t like the deal or couldn’t afford it, there is no way in hell they wouldn’t hold us accountable. That road goes both ways. Everyone needs to be on their A game. On my deal, they ended up making a $38k miscalculation and gave me a smoking deal. I happened to point that out.
I'm happy with my dealer, fair trade and a discounted price. They are getting the deal that was expected and agreed upon, correct?

Shenanigans

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubi
I'm happy with my dealer, fair trade and a discounted price. They are getting the deal that was expected and agreed upon, correct?
My dealer is a piece of work. They just happened to have all of the inventory in my region and were just down the street. They told me I was making their day longer when I chose a different JL on the lot prior to any paperwork being started. I even had to go out on the lot pull the VIN info. Haven’t gotten a survey from them either. It won’t be good.

Apparently selling cars is an inconvenience to them.

MaineLotus

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Moab
My dealer is a piece of work. They just happened to have all of the inventory in my region and were just down the street. They told me I was making their day longer when I chose a different JL on the lot prior to any paperwork being started. I even had to go out on the lot pull the VIN info. Haven’t gotten a survey from them either. It won’t be good.

Apparently selling cars is an inconvenience to them.
Sorry to hear that. I've traveled hours many times to buy from a dealer that really wanted to sell to me. I like a dealer that pursues me and wants to make a fair deal. I've walked from many that were arrogant and could care less.
Sponsored