end of 2019 orders and start of 2020?

spurly

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bright White JLUR
Job 1 for MY20 is slated for July 22nd,with last '19 build out scheduled for July 20th. Job 1 means that's the date they begin building the first unit.If the last built '19 JL will be on the 20th, order banks for the '20s might open before June starts,making it impossible to order a '19 at that point.

Incidentally, if you're that late in the MY,why not wait for the '20s? Afraid of the BSG? In my opinion, if we're going to be forced to have ESS, you may as well get it with the BSG, as all of the internals are upgraded for the frequent starts. The external added battery really isn't that big of a deal, and the BSG gives you an extra 75-90 lb-ft of torque off the line. No real downside, despite what the haters say...
I know you can still turn off ESS with either engine but but I'd rather replace just a starter or alternator than a 48v electric motor or 48v battery (which is mounted underneath the body) or coolant lines or coolant tank.....
Sponsored

W1ck3d

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jl rubicon
Misanthropie has a point, unless you're really dead set on a non bsg... But like he said i rather have a bsg than the dual battery set up they are using now... Unless you are feeling really frisky and just bypass the aux battery in general but i dont know the long term effects of that... Id have to ask the guy who did it in one of these fourms if its still going strong...

W1ck3d

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jl rubicon
Spurly... Im sorry my quotes dont work...

Thisr parts aren't that bad to change on a bsg as you think they are... I dont think so at least, but ive done a ton of them.. Dealers might be a different story

spurly

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bright White JLUR
Spurly... Im sorry my quotes dont work...

Thisr parts aren't that bad to change on a bsg as you think they are... I dont think so at least, but ive done a ton of them.. Dealers might be a different story
I'm not so worried about how easy or hard it is to change parts on the BSG but more the cost. I saw a post that said the 48v battery cost somewhere around $1500

Isn't the second battery on the 3.6 essentially just a motorcycle sized battery? Why is everyone so against the smaller battery?

Jeepers!

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ĀÆ\_(惄)_/ĀÆ
I wonder if the 2020 JLs will have off-road+, the tire inflation/deflation indicator, and the trail cam from the Gladiator

Sponsored

Solidaxle

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL 2 Door Rubicon
Seems like a lot of people are concerned about the number of batteries on the 3.6 that it has two. 2.0 with turbo has two as well or three. What I do not like about the BSG is the additional cooling systems it has two additional cooling systems ! and all the maintenance that goes along with that. Coolant lines that run almost all the way to the rear axle and that doesnā€™t concern anybody on off road vehicle, itā€™s sure scared me. I suggest people read their owners manuals and if you havenā€™t purchased yet go online and check it out. It shows all the capacities of the extra cooling systems and the coolant that it requires. There was already a thread on here a jeep came in to the dealership with these coolant lines leaking. This will be a long term problem in the Rust Belt states for sure. Changing a battery theyā€™re not too bad , dealing with coolant leaks and changing coolant from all kinds of crazy places thatā€™s a problem. It has 3 coolant dipsticks and reservoir tankā€™s thatā€™s a recipe for disaster.
FYI : one cooling system is for the engine , another cooling system is for the rear battery by the rear axle , and another cooling system is for the alternator.

SecondTJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
FYI : one cooling system is for the engine , another cooling system is for the rear battery by the rear axle , and another cooling system is for the alternator.
There is not a cooling system for the alternator, the 2.0 has

1) engine
2) intercooler
3) 48V battery

JlEngineline

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I Just build them
Interesting. And we're positive this is for the Wrangler? Could the 2020MY on the calendar be for the Gladiator? I wonder why the 2019MY is going to have a short run. Anyways, looks like I better make sure get a 2019 ordered before they make any surprise changes. I really don't want the 3.6 with 48v battery and e-Torque system which I feel is going to become standard at some point.
Yes this is for the wrangler. this has been Jlengineline approved. ;)

Follow me and you will be update. I try to post when ever I hear something new. I also let you know all the good rumors.

W1ck3d

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jl rubicon
Im against the aux battery because it is basically a motorcycle battery... The car draws alot of power when the bus is awake approx 7-8amps so its alot of draw on the little battery which is why you see alot of people having battery problems.... I guess if it was a daily driver and you don't let it sit too long it'd be cool, but id rather have the bsg and not have to worry about the aux battery dying... Id like the 3.6l if it had a bigger battery or id just bypass the aux battery all together but idk how that will hold up. Ive bypassed them a 100x before, but not for long periods of time or hundreds of miles so idk how the extra draw on the main battery would hold up.... I usually only bypass it to jump start it and move it short distances

W1ck3d

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jl rubicon
Thats just me though.... I don't really care about the extra coolent lines on the bsgs... I guess it really comes down to what you plan on using the jeep for... If you do extreme offroad stuff id say go with the proven 3.6, but if youre doing mild off road and more or less just using it as a driver id go bsg

Sponsored

W1ck3d

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jl rubicon
And whether we like it or not, but soon i believe they will phase out of 3.6l with the aux battery and go all bsg so either way eventually we are going to have to deal with the bsgs no matter what.... I dont think it will happen in 2020, but i see a year or 2 after them axing the aux battery set up now and going all bsg

misanthrope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Schwinn Homegrown
Occupation
Badass
Thats just me though.... I don't really care about the extra coolent lines on the bsgs... I guess it really comes down to what you plan on using the jeep for... If you do extreme offroad stuff id say go with the proven 3.6, but if youre doing mild off road and more or less just using it as a driver id go bsg
Let's not forget the other benefits of the eTorque systems: better off-the-line torque and torque applied to the crankshaft during gear shifts, practically eliminating NoiseHarshnessVibration issues. Add to that beefed up internals and nearly endless 12V power even when the engine is off (think: tailgating!), and it's a great addition to the proven 3.6.

Last edited:

Solidaxle

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL 2 Door Rubicon
There is not a cooling system for the alternator, the 2.0 has

1) engine
2) intercooler
3) 48V battery
Ok , Itā€™s not called a alternator. But it still has the cooling system that I said. ā€œBoth engines sport a liquid-cooled eTorque unit mounted on the front of the engine, which uses a pair of belt tensioners to ensure that the 8-rib drive belt stays tight when the unit is generating electricity or adding torque to the crankshaft.ā€

Solidaxle

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL 2 Door Rubicon
Iā€™m glad most people donā€™t care about having 8 foot long coolant lines running to the back of their jeeps that makes me feel much smarter and happier about my resale future.
Record jeep sales = record rookie jeep owners. Time will tell but you can mark down my predictions you wait-and-see down the line people are going to run ! not walk run from these things in the used market. On a positive note the extended warranty companies are going to be loving these things. Three batteries and three cooling systems and a Turbo in an off-road Jeep vehicle with its superior Jeep quality and parts availability. Yep what could go wrong.

Last edited:

Solidaxle

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL 2 Door Rubicon
After reading all the threads about jeeps pretty poor quality and engineering and how they canā€™t do simple mechanical things correctly like steering and proximity doors opening and water leaking in. Iā€™m really surprised so many people are so anxious to pay more to be Guinea pigs with such very very complicated engineering, mild hybrids , turbos , remote cooling systems.
Some people here talk out of both sides of their mouth . in one thread theyā€™ll say Jeep quality is terrible , theyā€™re stupid they canā€™t do anything right. then in another thread with the other side of their mouth they try to tell me Iā€™m stupid for not trusting Jeep with this very complicated unproven technology and I should not worry at all. It doesnā€™t make sense. So Iā€™m sticking with my own commonsense ideas. Avoid first year new car technology , especially in a jeep.
Carry-on , you brave souls with more dollars than cents. Jeep appreciates it.
Sponsored