Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 3.6 JLR / 2013 911 / 2013 E92 M3
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
I'm also curious to see how they look, how I can pivot the cubes, etc. Lowering the windshield is a plus, even though it's not done often. I really like the Go Rhinos I'm using, but I have enough forced forward-facing lights. I figured they're not expensive & worth a try... if they work out, I can remove the lights I have mounted on the fenders.

To be continued...

Sponsored

PEABUDY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR GRANITE CRYSTAL
Vehicle Showcase
Had a pair of 3" cubes laying around-you can never have to much light.
2019-03-10_14-00-01_450.jpeg

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
I received these guys pretty quickly and I gave them a test-drive... so, here's how they look, @mikej . Since Mother Nature couldn't figure out if she wanted to stop or keep raining, I could only lightly mount the driver-side to see which configuration looked better.

If you're going with upper AND lower-mounted lights and you don't want exposed wires, you'll have to get the lights on the brackets first (loosely... don't tighten yet). @PEABUDY is absolutely right about getting the 2 upper bolts/spacers on first. For a lower light, the mounting bolts have to be an inch or shorter. The bolts for my Rigids are exactly 1" and most should be; anything longer will make contact with the cowl & scratch the paint (or just use a few washers). They'd have to be mounted at the highest point and you'll need a 1/2" open-end or adjustable wrench. If your inner-most, heartfelt desire is to be able to lower the windshield, the mounting position for top cubes would have to be on the outer-most slots.

When I'm ready to permanently mount them, I need to extend the wires under the hood. My current setup only goes as far as my Go Rhinos, which are a DEFCON-1 pain in the ass. They over-do the powder coating on the mounting nuts, making it incredibly difficult to fit into the cubes. I'll be glad to get rid of them as soon as we get consistent weather down here. Anyways, make sure you have enough wire if you're changing from different mounts. I shored the wires up along the mounts with zip-ties to keep them less visible.

I'm not a fan of logos, especially when they're stenciled-in. But... the Diode Dynamics logo is very subtle and since they're quite literally, stacked double-D's...it's more than acceptable. ;)

I really like the flexibility of having several different mounting positions and configurations. #2 is what works for me since it gives me more flexibility with positioning a lower cube outwards. I want to see the sides of the road. I like these things ...and again, as soon as weather permits, I'll mount them permanently.

Thank you for the help & speedy delivery, Jake @Diode Dynamics.

DD_01.jpg

On the lower cube here, you can see where the 1-inch bolt is close to the cowl... It's not touching.
DD_02.jpg

The lower cube here is intentionally pointed outwards.
DD_03.jpg

DD_04.jpg

DD_05.jpg

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks @melendez69 ! Looking really good. You have helped me make my lighting decision!
Glad to be of help. These are very easy to mount, fairly inexpensive, & require much less maintenance than the Go Rhino duals, which also tend to look crooked at times. Decision for me was easy.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Diode Dynamics

Diode Dynamics

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler
Glad to be of help. These are very easy to mount, fairly inexpensive, & require much less maintenance than the Go Rhino duals, which also tend to look crooked at times. Decision for me was easy.
Looks great! Thanks for taking the time to write the review. I hope you enjoy those for years to come!

Jake H.
Diode Dynamics

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
Cleaner and permanent install. Plenty of mounting-position and pivoting flexibility, especially if you're like me and want to see the sides of the road ahead in the dark. I used 3M VViViD Vinyl film on the bottom of the cube mounts to keep from scratching the mounts. It's almost windshield-down season and these work well for me.

Jeep Wrangler JL NEW! Cowl Mount LED Brackets for 2018-2019 JL Wrangler {filename}

Jeep Wrangler JL NEW! Cowl Mount LED Brackets for 2018-2019 JL Wrangler {filename}

OP
OP
Diode Dynamics

Diode Dynamics

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler
Looks great! Custom lighting configurations are EXACTLY what we engineered these for, so it's great to see JL owners taking advantage of the design.

Thanks for posting!

Jake H.
Diode Dynamics
Sponsored