Anyone found drivable emergency rain top for JL yet

Oscar16

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler unlimited Sahara
I have hard top only for my JL can’t find emergency top I can put on and get home dry anywhere. JK ones won’t work for JL I have seen. Anyone else have any luck. Thanks
Sponsored

Willcbooth

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 2015 Lexus GS350 FSport
Vehicle Showcase
Are you looking for a cover that you can throw on until it passes, or something you can throw on and drive home in the rain with? I bought just a cover from Raingearcovers.com

OP
OP

Oscar16

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Are you looking for a cover that you can throw on until it passes, or something you can throw on and drive home in the rain with? I bought just a cover from Raingearcovers.com
One can keep in Jeep and drive home if a long storm.

OP
OP

Oscar16

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pavement ends by bestop doesn’t have one for JL yet. That I can find

Sponsored

Crinch

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubi
I went all last summer without one and now the mopar is the only one I've been able to find. I just bought it last week, but haven't had a chance to try it out yet...still too cold.

noloc45

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2004 IS300
Occupation
QA Engineer/RPA Dev
No. I purchased that to try and sent back. It is meant as an opaque sun blocker.
Ah ok. Didnt look like it but maybe someone knew something I didnt.

noloc45

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2004 IS300
Occupation
QA Engineer/RPA Dev
If anyone finds this, please post.

Even though my Rubicon was not ready to take delivery yet, I too was wondering about this option as I live in Florida and Id like to ride without the top at least. But in Florida, a thunderstorm could appear at any given moment and it would suck to be driving down the highway getting drenched with my people lol

I was trying to think of some DIY/Custom tarp contraption that would be stretched over the edge of the frame with bungee cords or something. But we'll see!

Sponsored

karynm8621

First Name
Karyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
closest I can find is rampage but their header channel isn't out yet

Rahneld

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ronald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
I have hard top only for my JL can’t find emergency top I can put on and get home dry anywhere. JK ones won’t work for JL I have seen. Anyone else have any luck. Thanks
If faced with this issue I might be inclined, not only to save $, but given the limited product offerings to

* buy a tarp,
* grommet kit, and
* bungee balls at a nearby Harbor Freight store.

Buy a tarp slightly wider and longer than the rig's width, plus a foot.

1) On one side of the width I'd cut it down so there's enough width to cover the JL plus wrap around the Sports Bar on both sides, plus 4".

2) Fold the cut side over at 2" and put grommets in to keep it folded. Now,

3) on either side of the width add grommets about 6" in from either side (or the circumference of the Sports Bar.

4) On the top side of the tarp, "pre-load" the grommets closer to the edge with the bungee balls, non-bungee ball side first, then roll the tarp up and put it in your cargo area.

When it rains throw on the tarp. Open the doors and string the bungee ball through the grommet 6" away after having wrapped the tarp around the Sports bar, and fix the bungee back on itself through the bungee ball to keep it on the bar.

Cut everything for a taught fit because you won't be attaching in front, unless you want to open the windshield, pre-insert bungees there and close it back up, setting up a similar grommet pattern in the front.

Do as you please with the back. Sure, no back windows and sideways rain isn't your friend, but, nothing's perfect. : - )

~~~~~~~~~~

noloc45

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2004 IS300
Occupation
QA Engineer/RPA Dev
If faced with this issue I might be inclined, not only to save $, but given the limited product offerings to

* buy a tarp,
* grommet kit, and
* bungee balls at a nearby Harbor Freight store.

Buy a tarp slightly wider and longer than the rig's width, plus a foot.

1) On one side of the width I'd cut it down so there's enough width to cover the JL plus wrap around the Sports Bar on both sides, plus 4".

2) Fold the cut side over at 2" and put grommets in to keep it folded. Now,

3) on either side of the width add grommets about 6" in from either side (or the circumference of the Sports Bar.

4) On the top side of the tarp, "pre-load" the grommets closer to the edge with the bungee balls, non-bungee ball side first, then roll the tarp up and put it in your cargo area.

When it rains throw on the tarp. Open the doors and string the bungee ball through the grommet 6" away after having wrapped the tarp around the Sports bar, and fix the bungee back on itself through the bungee ball to keep it on the bar.

Cut everything for a taught fit because you won't be attaching in front, unless you want to open the windshield, pre-insert bungees there and close it back up, setting up a similar grommet pattern in the front.

Do as you please with the back. Sure, no back windows and sideways rain isn't your friend, but, nothing's perfect. : - )

~~~~~~~~~~
Exactly as I was imagining. If you still had the doors on, it would work perfectly I think.

Jeepers!

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
It's kind of amazing that Pavement Ends don't have an emergency top for JL yet. Hopefully they're working on it.

MojitoJLUR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Mojito
Do you know if it fits over the soft top when it's folded back? I've been looking at this one for a while now but can't get this answer.
Sponsored