First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Website
myjlproject.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F-250, 18’ Toyota 4Runner
On mine I feel like my seat tilts towards he passenger side. Maybe ass is fatter on one side than other though.
Sponsored

Jaym

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
I just drove a 2019 Rubicon and the seat feels way different than my 2018 Rubi. Both cloth. It felt like the seat portion was longer than the mine.
I didn’t have a tape measure but I’d love for someone with an 19 to measure the lower seat cushion.

TheWingman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Firecracker Red JLUR
I just drove a 2019 Rubicon and the seat feels way different than my 2018 Rubi. Both cloth. It felt like the seat portion was longer than the mine.
I didn’t have a tape measure but I’d love for someone with an 19 to measure the lower seat cushion.
I would be interested in this, also! This is the first manual I’ve had where my right leg is sore and not my left. Feels like my leg has no support from underneath when moving from brake to gas back and forth. Makes my hip sore.

wrc777

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
I find I have to move the seat pretty far up to properly reach the pedals. The seat bottom angle was really good for my back but as it breaks in I am sinking more in the rear and the back of the seat bottom needs to come up more for me. I would suggest moving the seat forward and see if that helps.

Jaym

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
I find I have to move the seat pretty far up to properly reach the pedals. The seat bottom angle was really good for my back but as it breaks in I am sinking more in the rear and the back of the seat bottom needs to come up more for me. I would suggest moving the seat forward and see if that helps.
When I sit, the back of my knees hit the end of the seat pad on the 2019. On the 18 I have a good two inches or so before back of my knee folds over.

Sponsored

TheWingman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Firecracker Red JLUR
When I sit, the back of my knees hit the end of the seat pad on the 2019. On the 18 I have a good two inches or so before back of my knee folds over.
Oh man, that is crazy. I need to sit in one and see if it feels any better. If so I may be in the market for swapping the seats...

Jaym

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Oh man, that is crazy. I need to sit in one and see if it feels any better. If so I may be in the market for swapping the seats...
Maybe I’m crazy and I was angled diff, but when I got it in I mediately noticed it. And, I wasn’t even looking for it. I got in to test the steering.

MotoMax

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 2020 Jeep Grandcherokee
Occupation
Do nothing bum Retired
I totally agree with rjrubi. I to need more support for the back of my legs at the leading edge of the seat. For the price of this thing this seat should have an adjustment for this.
Just yesterday I was playing with the seat adjuster while standing outside trying to figure out how to fix the situation to my liking. Funny I just noticed this thread this morning and others are having the same discomfort.
I'll try the 1/2" nut spacer trick and see how that works and go from there.
The only issue, my wife who is shorter, may hate this semi permanent change.

ShadyB

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It's a small import that is my daily driver
I totally agree with rjrubi. I to need more support for the back of my legs at the leading edge of the seat. For the price of this thing this seat should have an adjustment for this.
Just yesterday I was playing with the seat adjuster while standing outside trying to figure out how to fix the situation to my liking. Funny I just noticed this thread this morning and others are having the same discomfort.
Don't worry, there is still plenty of tilt forward to the seat I'm sure she won't notice.

I just did mine. .82¢ worth of 1/2 inch
nuts. It helps if you loosen all 4 bolts to the seat. The nuts were large enough in diameter to allow the nut to act as a spacer and I was able to fit the bolt through the nut

Walter-new jeeper

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ocean Blue Wrangler JLUR, Expedition, Escape
Ok, so I had enough of feeling like I was falling into the dash especially after a 300 mile trip I took. I’m not spending 79.00 on spacers from fleabay. So I went to Home Depot and bought some 1/2” hex nuts. They work as a spacer even the way the left front bracket is made. They fit perfect and gave the bottom cushion about an inch or so tilt up. 100% better. Just remove the 2 front bolts loosen the rear bolts and the 1/2” nuts will fit underneath both front bolts. Tighten up and your good to go. Total cost was 55 cents. Probably easier than trying to put a bunch of washers. So for you big and tall guys like I am this seems to work for now.

B1E4AFB3-F259-46CF-AA65-43E85412005B.jpeg
FCE8C9B9-0B11-46C3-86FA-62041E701B8A.jpeg
I tried doing this - I cannot get the bolt on the right loose - and I may be stripping the bolt head. I am using the tool kit that came with the Jeep. Any pointers on getting the right bolt loose? I got the left one loose.

Sponsored

Walter-new jeeper

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ocean Blue Wrangler JLUR, Expedition, Escape
Yah, played with it as well. Greatest tilt is when the seat is at the lowest setting. I noticed that as you raised the seat, it looks like a 2:1 ratio back to front. The back goes up an inch, the front goes up a half inch, the higher the seat the less reclining tilt and soon you have a downward tilt.

Bigmess

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Sahara, 2016 f150
I tried doing this - I cannot get the bolt on the right loose - and I may be stripping the bolt head. I am using the tool kit that came with the Jeep. Any pointers on getting the right bolt loose? I got the left one loose.
Get a pipe, or something to give you some leverage to break loose, the factory uses a lot of loctite on those. I used 2 ft .Pipe I slid over my ratchet.

VGxHC

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLU
If my seat gets raised I am going to have to cut a head hole in my Alien SunShade...

RichD

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sport S
I'm still wondering how to raise the left side of the drivers seat? The front bracket is near vertical.

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
If my seat gets raised I am going to have to cut a head hole in my Alien SunShade...
Me too...investigated the driver seat extensively to make it more comfortable. My head was touching the roll bar...the lower seat cushion needs to beba little lower and tilt back further. I ended up having 1" of seat foam removed out of my bottom cushion. It still needs to tilt a little further towards the back to be comfortable. Also really annoying on long drives with a 6 speed and no dead pedal. I end up trying to lodge my left foot under the clutch pedal...but your foot is angled down too much and its uncomfortable.
Sponsored