DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Do we know anything about these particular fox shocks, other than they are 2.5" diameter mono-tube? I've never had Fox shocks, so I'm not sure how they typically tune them. Do they generally ride smooth or stiff? I'm just wondering because I am so impressed with the stock Rubicon shocks, I'd hate to lose the feel they give, and I have zero experience with Fox shocks, other than I see people running around with Fox T-shirts all the time.
Sponsored

Mattyp1214

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2018 JLUR
Do we know anything about these particular fox shocks, other than they are 2.5" diameter mono-tube? I've never had Fox shocks, so I'm not sure how they typically tune them. Do they generally ride smooth or stiff? I'm just wondering because I am so impressed with the stock Rubicon shocks, I'd hate to lose the feel they give, and I have zero experience with Fox shocks, other than I see people running around with Fox T-shirts all the time.
Lot of the things I've read it they are fairly similar to the stock ride on the JK lifts that have them. Some people say the ride is improved

Mattyp1214

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2018 JLUR
We'll both know soon enough.... I am pretty excited. When you first walk up to the JL rubi not having seen one in person yet it looks much more aggressive than the JK. I was glad mine was the first JL I had seen
With the 35s and the 2" it is going to look so badass.

Idaho_7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Utility Trailer
Do these have the reservoir, it helps dissipate heat with extended rough track, washboard roads etc.? The fox 2.5 come both ways. I had 2.5 coilovers with the reservoir on the front of an 06 Tundra. The ride was fantastic, soft, smooth, forgiving, soaked up everything. They are both rebuildable and highly adjustable for your use. I was not a big fan of Fox shocks till these.

OP
OP
DanW

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Do these have the reservoir, it helps dissipate heat with extended rough track, washboard roads etc.? The fox 2.5 come both ways. I had 2.5 coilovers with the reservoir on the front of an 06 Tundra. The ride was fantastic, soft, smooth, forgiving, soaked up everything. They are both rebuildable and highly adjustable for your use. I was not a big fan of Fox shocks till these.
From the pics I've seen, they do not have reservoirs.

Sponsored

Idaho_7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Utility Trailer
From the pics I've seen, they do not have reservoirs.
I would think they'll work well. Just would want to know how much extended rough terrain vs. heat buildup? It may not be an issue for the regular type off road use. Maybe someone else knows. The reservoirs may be overkill for the application, yet the four wheel drive shop highly recommended them for extended washboard. For instance one of the jaunts we do is a 40 mile trek at about 20 to 35mph along a river. The gravel road, graded once or twice a year, has a lot of pot holes and a tremendous amount of washboard.

OP
OP
DanW

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I ran cheap Rancho RS5000X shocks on my JK (still do) at Moab all day long and never felt any fade or change. I'll be surprised if these have any issues like that. I'm more concerned with the ride and handling. I hope they feel like the stock Rubi shocks, which, by the way, are NOT cheap or low quality. They are a VERY good shock absorber. In fact, if it were offered, I'd take a 2" bracket and use them with the lift.

Idaho_7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Utility Trailer
I ran cheap Rancho RS5000X shocks on my JK (still do) at Moab all day long and never felt any fade or change. I'll be surprised if these have any issues like that. I'm more concerned with the ride and handling. I hope they feel like the stock Rubi shocks, which, by the way, are NOT cheap or low quality. They are a VERY good shock absorber. In fact, if it were offered, I'd take a 2" bracket and use them with the lift.
With that experience, would think they'll work out fine. I don't have the stock Rubi shock experience to judge from. Did have two totally different experiences with Fox shocks though. The great turn out is the one mentioned above on the 06 Tundra fronts. The ones I had to change out were the factory shocks that were OEM for an Arctic Cat Trail SxS, those just didn't do much. So replaced them with Bandit shocks, which completely changed the entire performance, what a positive upgrade this has been. I do hope someone that knows chimes in here. Please keep us posted if you purchase them, thanks.