Hard top ceiling suspension

RedJeep78

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Sport 2018
I need one of those ceiling lifts to take my hard top off and suspend it from the ceiling.
Does anyone have a good recommendation for a good one to buy?
Sponsored

RMojitoJL

First Name
Skyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon *Mojito*, 2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Altitude, 2019 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Occupation
Loan Officer
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
RedJeep78

RedJeep78

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Sport 2018

Sponsored

RMojitoJL

First Name
Skyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon *Mojito*, 2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Altitude, 2019 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Occupation
Loan Officer
Vehicle Showcase
I need one of those ceiling lifts to take my hard top off and suspend it from the ceiling.
Does anyone have a good recommendation for a good one to buy?
Well this one specifically says its for a JK. Not sure it will work for a JL:/
Basically the same top if anything lighter. It's slightly adjustable I believe also-

Dudley Dawson

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
I have same question as OP. I’ve searched the forum - lots of options. Anyone using the Lange Hoist with the freedom panel storage? I also like the Racor/Topsy combo but seems like the Racor is limited in availability (especially at the lower price)

Jdegid

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangler JL unlimited
$30 and takes less then ten minutes to remove and install
IMG_0131.jpg

IMG_1332.jpg

IMG_1331.jpg

RMojitoJL

First Name
Skyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Loan Officer
Vehicle Showcase
$30 and takes less then ten minutes to remove and install
IMG_0131.jpg

IMG_1332.jpg

IMG_1331.jpg
you just ratchet each one up a bit until lifted I take it? Cheapest option aside from two man muscle for sure... as long as they aren't Harbor Freight straps lol jk-
Def a good option, I would have to see someone do it on video before I did tho. I would want to see how easy it works real world :clap:

Quadratec

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.quadratec.com
Vehicle(s)
CJ, YJ, XJ, TJ, JK, JL
Hi there! We have a couple options for the JL and JLU hardtop hoist's! Check them out on our website!

Lange-Originals-Hoist-A-Top-Simple-Wrangler-JL-014-SIMJL-Main.jpg

https://www.quadratec.com/p/lange-originals/hoist-top-simple-jeep-wrangler-jl

Lange-Originals-Hoist-A-Top-Power-014-910-Main.jpg

https://www.quadratec.com/p/lange-originals/power-hoist-top-jeep-wrangler-jl

We are also pleased to offer a discount to forum members!

For a discounted quote you can go about it 3 ways:

1) PM me with your first & last name, address, zip and the part numbers you would like to order. I'll reply back with a discounted quote if applicable. This takes 1-2 business days on average depending on PM volume.

2) E-mail my sales rep Rob at: [email protected] Tell him you're a Forum user and would like a discounted quote. He'll get that going for you. He typically responds within hours if it's Mon-Fri 8am-5pm Eastern.

3) Call my sales line at 1-800-745-2348. Tell them you're a Forum user and would like to place an order with your Forum discount. Their hours are Mon-Thurs 8am-Midnight, Friday 8am-9pm, Saturday 9am-5pm. All times are Eastern.

Whichever you prefer works for us.

Thanks & have a great day!

-Justin

Sponsored

Jdegid

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangler JL unlimited
you just ratchet each one up a bit until lifted I take it? Cheapest option aside from two man muscle for sure... as long as they aren't Harbor Freight straps lol jk-
Def a good option, I would have to see someone do it on video before I did tho. I would want to see how easy it works real world :clap:[/QUOTE

RMojitoJL

I need a small step ladder to reach the ratchets and lower back down to the Jeep but I got used to it..

First time was nerve racking..after one summer of putting on and taking off its fast and easy. Never had a issue.

Just buy good quality ratchet straps. and if you're nervous for storing it hanging, you can add a few more straps once up in the air.

its similar to this video but I run the straps driver and passenger side from front to back not like this video where shes only on the corners

John

BIGDOGS

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sting Grey + '15 Cherokee Trailhawk + '17 Renegade Trailhawk
I have the Harken and its just great. Very very adjustable so JL or JK doesn't matter. Easy to hoist with one hand. Anybody can do it! AND it lifts almost to ceiling for best clearance. And you could lift your lawnmower up there during winter if you wanted to!

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Before building a hoist on your own consider a safety on it. Knew one guy that did it but didn't get a ratchet stop and it came crashing down.
Sponsored