J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR MANUAL Mojito!
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I read through the install instructions and it says you shouldn’t paint the components. Not sure why it would matter though.
I just had a phone conversation with MC. They didnt have any issue with panting the gold zinc. Said it's pretty common. I plan to do it. We shouldn't be afraid to try. It's only paint on metal and there is no "balancing" consideration here. Paint on, you painters!
Sponsored

ExitLeft

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Jeep Wrangler TJ
Vehicle Showcase
I read through the install instructions and it says you shouldn’t paint the components. Not sure why it would matter though.
I thought that only pertained to their springs. Specifically advising against powder coating them.

ckuptz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
Just bought the 2.5" GC Rocksport edition for mu JLUR. Will be putting it on in the next couple of weeks once the weather warms up a bit. Might paint the arms and trackbar red in the meantime though.
With the 2.5" lift, are you also going to replace the front driveshaft?

RedJeep78

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Sport 2018
I wanted to powdercoat my MC spings and my installer said I shouldn't. not sure if it really makes a difference though.

RedJeep78

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Sport 2018
I just had a phone conversation with MC. They didnt have any issue with panting the gold zinc. Said it's pretty common. I plan to do it. We shouldn't be afraid to try. It's only paint on metal and there is no "balancing" consideration here. Paint on, you painters!
With the springs bouncing up and down would the paint really still stay on very long or start chipping off?

Sponsored

simpleJL

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR
With the 2.5" lift, are you also going to replace the front driveshaft?
Height isn't the issue with the front driveshaft, it's the downward travel.

If I recall anything over 29" in downward travel will cause the stock driveshaft boot to make contact with your crossover exhaust pipe.

Mine did in a single weekend before I swapped it out.

jlewissystem

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR MANUAL Mojito!
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
With the springs bouncing up and down would the paint really still stay on very long or start chipping off?
Sorry - i was not clear. I was speaking about the arms and bars, NOT the springs.

ckuptz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
Height isn't the issue with the front driveshaft, it's the downward travel.

If I recall anything over 29" in downward travel will cause the stock driveshaft boot to make contact with your crossover exhaust pipe.
Was the length of the new driveshaft the same as the stock? It is difficult to tell from the photos. If I need to switch out the driveshaft, I think I would rather have an Adams driveshaft installed than the driveshaft that Metalcloak sells.

simpleJL

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR
Was the length of the new driveshaft the same as the stock? It is difficult to tell from the photos. If I need to switch out the driveshaft, I think I would rather have an Adams driveshaft installed than the driveshaft that Metalcloak sells.
Length isn't the issue, it's the width. And the location of the stock boot.

ckuptz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
Length isn't the issue, it's the width. And the location of the stock boot.
I figured it was width. I will order a driveshaft from Adams that is the same length as the stock driveshaft.

Sponsored

LUV2JEEP

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2018 F150 XLT
From the research I have done Metalcloak seems to get very positive reviews. In fact I am not sure if I have read one single negative review about them. I plan to get their 3.5" game changer lift kit and pair it with Falcon 3.3 shocks and 37" tires. I would like to get a lift kit that includes shocks, but I'm not too crazy about Metalcloak's shock options. I'm completely new to Wranglers. Hopefully I don't regret anything including purchasing from FCA. I ordered my Wrangler last week. Got the first Jeep "prerequisite" completed this weekend.....2 post lift!! Never had one before.

PHOTO_20190309_214816.jpg

Brosef

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL 392
can't say enough good things about Metalcloak. last week, I had my hodgepodge lift 'kit' (something I pieced together from 3 different vendors), which included the full set of control arms and adjustable track bars for the front and rear from MC. I had a little time to look those parts over before installing them, and the quality is impeccable. they are quite beefy/substantial. noticeably heavier than the stock parts (particularly the control arms).

what I'm most happy about though is the service. I ended up needing a longer set of rear sway bar links (apparently the remote reservoir shocks I wanted installed needed additional clearance), and I needed them quick. My car was up on the lift at my local installer and I had to have it finished the next day. I called up MC and asked if they could overnight me a set of swaybar links (something they usually don't do), and they were fantastic to deal with. parts arrived first thing the next morning and everything came together perfectly.

I really enjoy working with companies that know how to take care of customers (even when their requests might not seem 'reasonable'). I would highly recommend working with them!

Ben

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon (White)
My brother has the MC 3.5 gamechanger installed with rockport shocks. You can see it next to my stock Rubi. He has the Poison Spyder cruiser bumper and Warn 10S winch and 37 heavy tires. The Front is higher than the back by 1.5 inches even without the steel rear bumper installed. Just be prepared for a higher front end. Ride is stiffer than stock which was expected. Steering has improved compared to my stock. Less wander.

20190130_191630.jpg

20190131_153553.jpg

20190130_195147.jpg

20190128_171533.jpg
Sponsored