AbeWay

First Name
Abe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sport S
595877833.png

I tried my very best not to custom order. Found the exact one I was going to order and it had been sitting for 3 months. My old car just totaled out from a deer and my rental reimbursement was about to end so I drove two hours from home to go get this Jeep. Explained I wasn't going to have this rental in a couple days looked at the Jeep but after is when we ran into problems.

None of the Jeeps options were installed. They got it with the wrong tires so they had the correct tires in the shop, floor mats, etc. Had to be put together would take a couple days. We negotiated, got where we wanted and I would have to return in a week and a half.

Car rental ends and I explain this to the sales person. Keeps doing on and on about how there's just no one that can get me.
Sponsored

ECHO

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2-Door JL Rubicon - Black
Occupation
Retired Air Force - Currently in my Dream Job
Why dont you go to a local dealer and have them bring it in for you .. dealers buy from each other all the time

OP
OP
AbeWay

AbeWay

First Name
Abe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Why dont you go to a local dealer and have them bring it in for you .. dealers buy from each other all the time
That's what I did first but my local just wouldn't for done odd reason. I told them the exact Jeep and where it was and they said they don't trade with them

Jeka

First Name
Jeka
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bikini JLR
Wait, are you expecting them to drive 2 hours to get you, and then drive 2 hours back to the dealership with you? That's unreasonable. They're offering to pick up from a bus station which seems like the best option for both parties involved? I would never expect a dealership to chauffeur me around for 2+ hours each way.

OP
OP
AbeWay

AbeWay

First Name
Abe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wait, are you expecting them to drive 2 hours to get you, and then drive 2 hours back to the dealership with you? That's unreasonable. They're offering to pick up from a bus station which seems like the best option for both parties involved? I would never expect a dealership to chauffeur me around for 2+ hours each way.
If the price is $37,000 that's $9,250/hr. You should see the interest they pay when the vehicles sits. Plus they're expecting me to spend $50 to come spend money with them?

Sponsored

LunchBoxFab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
If the price is $37,000 that's $9,250/hr. You should see the interest they pay when the vehicles sits. Plus they're expecting me to spend $50 to come spend money with them?
Unreasonable is putting it lightly.

Good luck “collecting your deposit”

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
Sounds like buyer BS, not dealership BS. Why should they send an employee on a 4 hour trip to pick you up? If you want the jeep find a way to get there. If you don't want it, don't waste their time. Simple enough.

Scott2.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
The dealer should make good if in fact it was their mistake, but I question how you simply can’t figure out how to rent a car for the one-way drive to be done with it.

Sponsored

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
OP must be trolling. No one is this entitled.

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You must not get out much. I see this kind of BS all the time.
Sad. I'm glad I don't have to put up with that kind of BS. Still feels like a troll.

ECHO

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2-Door JL Rubicon - Black
Occupation
Retired Air Force - Currently in my Dream Job
Sad. I'm glad I don't have to put up with that kind of BS. Still feels like a troll.
"PEOPLE WHO PLAY STUPID GAMES....WIN STUPID PRIZES"

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)