LincolnSixAlpha

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I’ve had people say I’m crazy for taking a $50K Jeep off-roading. I get where they’re coming from but hell, it’s a freakin Jeep! Plus I’ve only done some trails in the 3-5 difficulty range. I’m not that experienced yet. anyways, that’s my strategy. Have some fun off-road but nothing too crazy. It’s my daily driver.

Just curious as to what others are doing...
No difficulties taking mine offroad. What it's meant for, to your point.
Sponsored

UKCATS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Recon/2020 Mazda3 Hatchback
Occupation
I play piano in a whorehouse
It’s a Jeep. Wheel it. If not, a Honda Pilot will serve you.

RMojitoJL

First Name
Skyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon *Mojito*, 2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Altitude, 2019 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Occupation
Loan Officer
Vehicle Showcase
I had mine offroad at 100mi or so, enjoy it!:rock: As far as how rough you are with it when you're offroad… that will change person to person. It's your toy, do what you want with it. :jk: If others don't understand that, its not your issue :idea:

TJ2018

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk'n JLUR; 2020 Silverado Trail Boss
Vehicle Showcase
You spent $50k on a Jeep so you CAN go off roading. Do they think those heavy duty axles, A/T tires, locking diffs, and high line fenders are for the mall? I would say it's a far worse thing to get a Rubicon and never use it for it's intended purpose. (Disclaimer: no insult intended for those who don't off-road their jeeps, don't take this out of context folks ;)

As the Badlees song say: "You just can't take a lion and throw him into a cage and expect him to be thankful for the shelter that you gave."

Sponsored

ormandj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLUR X 4xe
I drive the heck out of mine off-road. It's been out to hidden falls adventure park many times. Already discovered how flimsy the rear bumper is when I took a drop on a rock and it bent into the body.

It's meant to go off-road, there are better road going vehicles. That said, do what you want, it's your vehicle! Don't worry about what other people think!

@OUTDOORTREE

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JLU
Vehicle Showcase
I decided to off road as hard as possible without causing body damage (pin stripes ok) until maybe 100k miles then I will get a different daily driver and beast this Rubicon. Almost a year and I am at 22.5k miles so 100k will come quickly.
DSC01029.jpeg

OP
OP

B-man

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon
Oh, I do and will what I want for sure! Im in Colorado so it would be leaving a lot of fun on the table to not go off-roading out here.

My oh sh*t moment was getting to about a22 degree roll as a newbie. Felt like I was going to tip my bew baby. Ha!

Needalife

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 TJ, 2019 JLU Rubican
Ordered mine, when it came in I was home by 8pm. By 9am the next day sheI was covered in mud as I wanted to see how she handled. It's your Jeep, drive it how you want and forget what you paid for it

Sponsored

jayteal

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL Rubicon; 2018 JLUR; 2004 TJ
I've taken my daily driver JLUR off road a few times in the first 7k miles. Have a few scrapes and dings underneath and used the winch a couple times but did not break anything. Mostly moderate trails with rocks and mud but I always remember I have to drive it home. I definitely felt uneasy at first being that this was my first new car ever (always had used and hand me down beaters) and the $45K price tag was 4x more than I spent for my TJ but....after a hour on the trails and seeing what it could do and being responsible, I never looked back. I totally enjoy driving it no matter where I'm at. That's what matters to me.

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
I’ve had people say I’m crazy for taking a $50K Jeep off-roading. I get where they’re coming from but hell, it’s a freakin Jeep! Plus I’ve only done some trails in the 3-5 difficulty range. I’m not that experienced yet. anyways, that’s my strategy. Have some fun off-road but nothing too crazy. It’s my daily driver.

Just curious as to what others are doing...
$5k or $50k... who cares. It's a Jeep and those of us who take them off road are getting the most enjoyment out of them IMO. Well, I guess mall crawlers enjoy taking the Freedom Panels out but they don't really count... hehehe.
Oh, btw... tell the people who think your crazy to shut up and mind their own business. I'm sure they do "crazy" stuff too that they don't care to hear other's opinions about either.

FPrice

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Rubicon 4D
If I can go around a rock, I go around. If I can’t and have to go over and it’s where I want to go, I go over. I’m not much for rock crawling just to do it. If I got caught between a rock and a hard spot, I want to be able to get out of it, that’s why I bought a Jeep.

No such thing as overkill when your stuck.
Sponsored