Sponsored

Hood Decals - Love em or Hate em (Yes, you too Rubicon owners) :)

TravisRogers

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Sahara
Whenever I see a wrangler with custom stickers, I think of the guys in high school who put a Honda sticker across the top of their windshield on their lowered Civics. We’d call those “Advance Auto show cars.”

Daniel Tosh says, “Don’t put stickers on your car. In spite of what you think they say, know they read, ‘I’m poor.’”
Sponsored

JIMBOX

First Name
JAMES
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CHEROKEE TRAILHAWK/ JEEP GLADIATOR
Occupation
RETIRED
Way to go guys--I mean you pay an additional 25/30 % more for this amazing jeep--SHOW OFF/STRUT YOUR STUFF-

SUNP0176_zpsmzrr2pbp.jpg

PICT0211.jpg

There's nothing wrong with being PROUD of your choice in OFF-ROAD VEHICLES !

JIMBO

Sponsored

8flat

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I dig the hood logo. I have a plan for other decal work, that I will not get into...my question is, will there be paint fade over time, and eventual decal cracking, which will lead to a darker shade where the decals were?
In the old days of single-stage paint that was a problem, but with modern base/clear systems you won't see much more than a slight gloss difference underneath the decal after a long time (years). i.e. it'll be more shiny where the decal was protecting the clearcoat. So I wouldn't worry about that much.
(ex bodyman/painter here)

Lou Bunn

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S
Punk n pie! Love it, who said you wouldn't need algebra after high school.

Tex117

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Jeep Unlimited Sport S (Sold); 2019 JLUR
Agreed, took off my rubicon hood decals and “wrangler” from front quarter panel first week. I like the simple and cleaner look of less is more. Still debating on the “Jeep” on the front quarter but it reminds me of the old TJ’s with the raised Jeep in the same location

BF5AD674-A6BD-43A5-B4B5-C74A89168936.jpeg
that looks pretty damn sharp right there!

JIMBOX

First Name
JAMES
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CHEROKEE TRAILHAWK/ JEEP GLADIATOR
Occupation
RETIRED
YUP, now she looks like a good 'ol TJ--

Great idea

W.E.

JIMBO

Sponsored

MLBRINES

First Name
Mo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 Chevy C10 1/2 ton pickup short bed. 2019 Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
Retired IBM
I think the side decals on the engine hood look great (stock or otherwise). I totally understand those that want a cleaner look and remove current decals too. Do what you want to your Jeep...it's ALL good mates ! I posted this in another thread and thought it also belongs here. My concept and I had a graphic artist create this with some Wizard pics from the mother of pearl inlay I had done to my guitar. It's two different wraps...the flat black hood wrap and then the Wizard attached over that.

IMG_1708.JPG

IMG_1714.JPG

Shepherd12

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLR HellaYella m/t
Occupation
Something about cryogenics
the current red and black decals are a bit much, especially on my HellaYella.
I too have a HellaYella JLR, and I don’t know how I feel about all of the ketchup mixed into the mustard.

I’d like to see a redux or the graphic trimmed in a common Mopar blue color - but then I’d start taking red pieces off and shooting them blue to match. IDK.

fightingmajor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon Unlimited Punk'n Orange
I took the Unlimited stickers on the sides off all of my jeeps, just leaving the Jeep logo. The dealer was kind enough to not place one of their stickers on the jeep although it's on the tire cover I've yet to remove. I did order a custom hood sticker that I plan on replacing the Rubicon sticker with someday. I'm not a fan of red in the Rubicon. At the end of the day, it's your jeep. It doesn't matter what anyone else thinks. Unless they are buying it for you or making your payments, they don't matter. It's yours. Make it yours.
Sponsored