Sponsored

Should this Guy Have Used a Jeep Instead?

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Also,

From the article, “It is not clear how he, or the dog, got water.“ Hmm, If only there were water nearby in some form that they could drink... All of that snow probably blocked them from getting to any water source!

Jeeper Fever

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Si Coupe, 2-Door Manual JLR
A stock Jeep, in this situation, would not help much.

Unless you prep Boy Scout style, and have a shovel, a HAM radio, or a snow plow.

As for water, yea, that would be hard to find... :P

Sponsored

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
How many days would he have gone before he ate the dog? Me? Breakfast on day 3. Sorry Rover.
You don't have much affinity to dogs, eah? Dogs are your family, your buddy. They and you have a deep bond...or you don't and you wouldn't keep the filthy beasts....and a dog would have left you for dead if he figured you'd eat him. Having that dog probably saved his life. All dog owners carry water for their pooch.

Last edited:

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer

TexasJeeper

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Rubi 392 on order
Also,

From the article, “It is not clear how he, or the dog, got water.“ Hmm, If only there were water nearby in some form that they could drink... All of that snow probably blocked them from getting to any water source!
Hahaha. I know it was sarcastic but would have to melt the snow to drink it. I guess eating snow for water cause problems in the body.

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Hahaha. I know it was sarcastic but would have to melt the snow to drink it. I guess eating snow for water cause problems in the body.
Exactly as much problem as eating ice to hydrate would cause. Dude, I know we’re in Texas but snow is just frozen water. Put the snow in your mouth. It melts. Voila! You’re now drinking fresh water.
You don't have much affinity to dogs, eah? Dogs are your family, your buddy. They and you have a deep bond...or you don't and you wouldn't keep the filthy beasts....and a dog would have left you for dead if he figured you'd eat him. Having that dog probably saved his life. All dog owners carry water for their pooch.
Nope. I’d hold off until day 9 to eat the kids. My wife would probably beat me to the punch and murder me on day 17 because she knew what those weird looks I was giving her the day before were all about.

Sponsored

Andy2434

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Billet JLUR, ‘20 Mustang GT/Prem/6MT/PP1
Occupation
Retired/Leisure
This is a good reminder to carry extra water, food, and clothing when hitting the trails.

Basic recovery gear and extra fuel is always a good idea, as well.

OP
OP

TXJeepScientist

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 Nissan Pathfinder, 08 Honda Civic, 07 Toyota Avalon, 94 Jeep Cherokee, 10 Saab 9.3T
OP
OP

TXJeepScientist

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 Nissan Pathfinder, 08 Honda Civic, 07 Toyota Avalon, 94 Jeep Cherokee, 10 Saab 9.3T
This is a good reminder to carry extra water, food, and clothing when hitting the trails.

Basic recovery gear and extra fuel is always a good idea, as well.
Checking the weather forecasts would help.

wolfdog

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Yamaha FJR1300, 2021 JTO, 2018 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Maritime Artisan, Mayflower II
I am a Jeep Nut, they'll go "almost" anywhere but they DO get stuck for sure!! Drive smart, by the look of that photo "smart" meant snow shoes!!! lol

Go Jeep!!!

OP
OP

TXJeepScientist

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Also,

Potential Darwin Award Winners don't think. Maybe the driver was allergic to the purity of snow.
Sponsored