Sponsored

2019 Jeep Wrangler 4-Door JLU ORDER GUIDE and PRICING (U.S.)

RGW_WNC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Rubican
Order went in Nov.29, 2018 for loaded Rubicon. I'm 65yo, first ever vehicle ordered just how I want. Was going through system, got VIN, was pulled of from shipment for "inspection", inspection now a month. Appreciate dealer effort, but someone is bullshitting me. First it was due to electrical malfunction, then paint on hood. A month of wait in inspection. Now saying will duplicate, ship and arrive in 3 weeks. BS, what is going on. An ordered, sold unit and can't seem to build and ship it. Sorry, but retired dealer, was on Dealer/Manufacturer Communication Advisory Board for two major franchises (Ford, Mercedes-Benz). Something seriously wrong. Makes me wonder what to get if ever get it. Don't think a union snafu, has to be total FCA managerial screw up. I wasn't a kiss up to factory in dealer/factory discussions, some are. I always considered it serious business for success of dealers, factory and inevitably customers. Bad sign for Jeep, where see problems first. Yes, getting pissed, someone not doing important job. Just read that Jeep to build new plant in Detroit, all can say is, got problems in plants built.
Sponsored

Last edited:

misanthrope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Schwinn Homegrown
Occupation
Badass
Order went in Nov.29, 2018 for loaded Rubicon. I'm 65yo, first ever vehicle ordered just how I want. Was going through system, got VIN, was pulled of from shipment for "inspection", inspection now a month. Appreciate dealer effort, but someone is bullshitting me. First it was due to electrical malfunction, then paint on hood. A month of wait in inspection. Now saying will duplicate, ship and arrive in 3 weeks. BS, what is going on. An ordered, sold unit and can't seem to build and ship it. Sorry, but retired dealer, was on Dealer/Manufacturer Communication Advisory Board for two major franchises (Ford, Mercedes-Benz). Something seriously wrong. Makes me wonder what to get if ever get it. Don't think a union snafu, has to be total FCA managerial screw up. I wasn't a kiss up to factory in dealer/factory discussions, some are. I always considered it serious business for success of dealers, factory and inevitably customers. Bad sign for Jeep, where see problems first. Yes, getting pissed, someone not doing important job. Just read that Jeep to build new plant in Detroit, all can say is, got problems in plants built.
Contact Jeep Cares directly and immediately. They will escalate your issue and have an answer for you in days.
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/hello-from-jeepcares.3575/

Andrew05LJR

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Just placed my order on my bday! 19 JLUR, pretty much loaded. First vehicle Ive ever bought new and quite a change from my current car, 2011 M3 sedan. Ive had lots of Jeeps and am excited to be back into one. For what I wanted it doesn't seem there are much out on the lots now so I found a dealer who already had a build order that checked the boxes. Ended up getting 5.5% off which isn't the best deal on here it seems but Im happy. Kinda on a time crunch so hoping it doesn't take too long. I have my build sheet and its in D status.

spurly

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bright White JLUR
Any idea when the February order guide will be available with the FWP pricing? Was hoping to start discussions with my local dealer this next week. Are we assuming the pricing for February is the same as January?

Sponsored

Alleycat392

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Metal Mulisha Custom
Looking forward to seeing the March order guide at this point. Any idea when it will be released?

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
If you were a dealer then you know that not every car is problem free. Would you rather it shipped defective and you had to deal with the problems as an owner? Also hard to believe you were a dealer and this is your first custom order.
Are you saying BS to a 3 week order/delivery? If so, many of the orders now are coming in after 3 to 4 weeks and you should know that a replacement like this gets moved to the front of the queue.
And how is it a managerial screw up? Were they the ones on the line that assembled the vehicle or the supplier's production line possibly forgetting to connect some wires in a part?
And it is hard to understand your chopped sentences. "Jeep to build new plant in Detroit, all can say is, got problems in plants built." What does that mean?

clf1024

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler 2018 JL Sahara
I'm looking into purchasing a Jeep JL 2019 Sahara Unl. Any options that you would NOT get???? Pros and Cons of leather???? Should I just get leather seat covers???? Thoughts????

RGW_WNC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Rubican
If you were a dealer then you know that not every car is problem free. Would you rather it shipped defective and you had to deal with the problems as an owner? Also hard to believe you were a dealer and this is your first custom order.
Are you saying BS to a 3 week order/delivery? If so, many of the orders now are coming in after 3 to 4 weeks and you should know that a replacement like this gets moved to the front of the queue.
And how is it a managerial screw up? Were they the ones on the line that assembled the vehicle or the supplier's production line possibly forgetting to connect some wires in a part?
And it is hard to understand your chopped sentences. "Jeep to build new plant in Detroit, all can say is, got problems in plants built." What does that mean?
Yes, a dealer and well know the problems that can occur. I may or may not want a vehicle pulled from normal path, would only like to know why, The why not provided. If you a dealer, would understand why first personally order vehicle for we always order inventory that we think sell quickest, not what we personally desire. I often drove vehicles that ordered, not of my personal desire. So, yes, my first personal custom order. It was a business, not my personal honey pot. My point is about communication, factory-dealer-customer. Result is CFA building a "duplicate" vehicle and specified early transport. I don't know why first was undeliverable, but curious. Don't know when yet to arrive, but will begin to prefer 2020 model. I hope as you say, head of queue and quick delivery (put your life on that?). Don't get sanctimonious about it. I've been in it from dealer standpoint and think you know just enough to be so. I do think a glitch that requires attention. They knew they had a problem with sold vehicle (now 5 weeks) and just now moving toward "duplicate" manufacture, should have been days (1-3 days). You are right in that I am glad it was caught and not shipped with problem, kudos for that, right thing done, concern is time wasted. Dealers and factories work on turnover time. I have special ordered Mercedes-Benz built in Stuttgart, shipped to US, that arrived in less time. I am not saying as adversary, but for constructive criticism. Yes, the miscommunication is a managerial error and yes, likely such managerial error compounds if with increased production (esp. new manufacturing facility), been there done that, pilgrim. Simple question, if so many deliveries within 3-4 weeks, why not every. How many people get special order vehicle in 3-4 weeks, get serious. No hate or anger involved, just want answers. Geez, spending over $50k for Jeep I want, an American icon vehicle. Think a minute, vehicle held in inspection now for 5 weeks and only now to consider manufacture of duplicate and saying to be delivered in 3-4 weeks. If decided that when a week in "inspection", would have duplicate by now.

Last edited:

Twistedfab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, a dealer and well know the problems that can occur. I may or may not want a vehicle pulled from normal path, would only like to know why, The why not provided. If you a dealer, would understand why first personally order vehicle for we always order inventory that we think sell quickest, not what we personally desire. I often drove vehicles that ordered, not of my personal desire. So, yes, my first personal custom order. It was a business, not my personal honey pot. My point is about communication, factory-dealer-customer. Result is CFA building a "duplicate" vehicle and specified early transport. I don't know why first was undeliverable, but curious. Don't know when yet to arrive, but will begin to prefer 2020 model. I hope as you say, head of queue and quick delivery (put your life on that?). Don't get sanctimonious about it. I've been in it from dealer standpoint and think you know just enough to be so. I do think a glitch that requires attention. They knew they had a problem with sold vehicle (now 5 weeks) and just now moving toward "duplicate" manufacture, should have been days (1-3 days). You are right in that I am glad it was caught and not shipped with problem, kudos for that, right thing done, concern is time wasted. Dealers and factories work on turnover time. I have special ordered Mercedes-Benz built in Stuttgart, shipped to US, that arrived in less time. I am not saying as adversary, but for constructive criticism. Yes, the miscommunication is a managerial error and yes, likely such managerial error compounds if with increased production (esp. new manufacturing facility), been there done that, pilgrim. Simple question, if so many deliveries within 3-4 weeks, why not every. How many people get special order vehicle in 3-4 weeks, get serious. No hate or anger involved, just want answers. Geez, spending over $50k for Jeep I want, an American icon vehicle. Think a minute, vehicle held in inspection now for 5 weeks and only now to consider manufacture of duplicate and saying to be delivered in 3-4 weeks. If decided that when a week in "inspection", would have duplicate by now.

Can you say needs paragraphs. My truck took 3 months and sat in inspection for about a month. It’s all part of the build process. If you didn’t want to wait for it to get built then you should have bought off the lot. Many other people have waited shorter or longer to get theirs so don’t think your only one.

As for your Jeep. You probably got pulled for a random full inspection. It wasn’t right so they are doing everything to make it right.

Sponsored

RGW_WNC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Rubican
Can you say needs paragraphs. My truck took 3 months and sat in inspection for about a month. It’s all part of the build process. If you didn’t want to wait for it to get built then you should have bought off the lot. Many other people have waited shorter or longer to get theirs so don’t think your only one.

As for your Jeep. You probably got pulled for a random full inspection. It wasn’t right so they are doing everything to make it right.

RGW_WNC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Rubican
But we don't know that do we? Informing that pulled for a random full inspection would be reasonable. As of now and if receive duplicate vehicle in 3 weeks, total process from ordering to delivery to be 5 months.. Not sure would have ordered if known to take 5 months (first told 8-10 weeks). Seems odd to get criticism from forum participants for expressing constructive criticism for such delays and lack of proper information from factory to dealer. I would almost prefer to hear I am the only one. Your suggestion that happens to many others isn't encouraging. I want Jeep to do well in the marketplace.

Twistedfab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
But we don't know that do we? Informing that pulled for a random full inspection would be reasonable. As of now and if receive duplicate vehicle in 3 weeks, total process from ordering to delivery to be 5 months.. Not sure would have ordered if known to take 5 months (first told 8-10 weeks). Seems odd to get criticism from forum participants for expressing constructive criticism for such delays and lack of proper information from factory to dealer. I would almost prefer to hear I am the only one. Your suggestion that happens to many others isn't encouraging. I want Jeep to do well in the marketplace.
It’s only been 3 months. Cannt quote on delivery unless you know the future. What the quote you is always BS. Your comments didn’t seem like constructive criticism but more a bitch session but that’s my option. If your not happy with what is going on write the bigs boys at Jeep an email. There are details on who to email in one of these threads.

RGW_WNC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Rubican
It’s only been 3 months. Cannt quote on delivery unless you know the future. What the quote you is always BS. Your comments didn’t seem like constructive criticism but more a bitch session but that’s my option. If your not happy with what is going on write the bigs boys at Jeep an email. There are details on who to email in one of these threads.
Thanks for your constructive criticism. It has been 14 weeks to date, ordered unit considered undeliverable, manufacture of replacement not yet begun. I am now at 94 days (ordered day before you ordered one and did not appear to like delivery time of yours). I've been on factory floors during production and always amazes me how starts from nothing at one end and driven off the other. I am well aware of the challenges and disappointments of process. The technologies of today make it even more complicated, but with the overall quality improvements, all the more astonishing. Does not mean, customer and dealer feedback of errors not constructive. I am glad if defective, was caught before delivered to me. Would help to know when and how. Often surprising what customers will tolerate if well informed. I had to push and gripe a bit to find out what have. I am as anxious as anyone else would be. Also, intended to purchase from local dealer, don't know if best price available, but seemed fair price. Dealer trade considered, but nearest other hundreds of miles away (Atlanta) and not as ordered. Hope you are enjoying your new Jeep.

Last edited:

Twistedfab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
@RGW_WNC I am sure there is a lot that goes on in the factory that we don’t know about but sometimes wish we did. I wish you the best of luck your Jeep. Hopefully you either get the replacement soon or get one from a local dealer. I know the wait sucks as I am waiting too.
Sponsored