Sponsored
Status
Not open for further replies.

geta02it

Threads
Reaction score
Letter already drafted my letter to Santa with my wife cc'd... 2019 can't come soon enough!
I just want to know when I can put a deposit down?!?!?

Work

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JK Willys Wheeler Granite Crystal
ugh, gonna be such a hard decision. Unfortunately I don't know that I want to wait another year.

peterjford

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1943 Ford GPW (needs restoration), 1988 Jeep YJ (needs engine), 1999 Jeep XJ (Purple Is The New Chrome), 2007 Chevrolet Suburban (Mom's kid hauler)
Vehicle Showcase
The 2-door look great, I really like the proportions of it. I will need a 4-door and it looks good too. I would probably go with white, or blue. White if I am going to get aftermarket/optional bumpers, fender flares, rockrails, etc, or blue if I am going to keep it mostly stock...

If there is a diesel with manual transmission offered I won't be able to resist.

Jeepsterfreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Future JLU
Why move the fuel door to the cab on the 2 door?

Would the 4 door get a 6 point roll cage (A/B/C pillars) and the 2 door a 4 point roll cage (A/B pillars)?

What part of the roof is removable? Is the C pillar part of the roof or the cab?

Sponsored

JJ75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JKU
I find it incredibly unlikely that the JT forgoes the body line going down the side. This would require jeep to manufacture two different sets of doors that were otherwise identical in every other dimension thus increasing production costs of both the JL and JT.
Comparing the JTU and JLU prototypes, I wouldn't be surprised if only the JLU has the new body line. The JTU pickup seems to have less vertical body to work with. If you compare these two side by side you can tell the JLU has a taller side body below the windows. The different side mirror positions also supports this. From a styling perspective maybe the designers thought that the body line would only look good with the JLU's bigger side body or would look bad on the narrower JTU pickup's side body.

Jeep Wrangler JL Our Latest 2019 Jeep JT Pickup Info and Preview Images {filename}

Jeep Wrangler JL Our Latest 2019 Jeep JT Pickup Info and Preview Images {filename}

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU AspenX 5spd , 2015 JK Sport 6spd
Comparing the JTU and JLU prototypes, I wouldn't be surprised if only the JLU has the new body line. The JTU pickup seems to have less vertical body to work with. If you compare these two side by side you can tell the JLU has a taller side body below the windows...
The other thing of note when looking at those two pictures are the differences in wheel placement vs the trailing edge of the door and rear roofline on the JTU. I think the styling of the tucked-in rump looks nice, but it's not a practical use of space, whereas the straight line rear gives you a spot for tool box, axe, chainsaw etc, that most of us use(d) especially when 2dr was the primary design of pickups.
Also, unlike as was mentioned in the description, that photo of the JTU above doesn't seem to need that cut in for the fender space, there is more than enouh room if the rear came straight down without the indent.

Additionally, as mentioned on the previous page, I question the placement of the gas cap/inlet on the 2dr JT.

WaltA

First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Wrangler Rubicon X, 2003 Mustang GT, 2003 MINI Cooper
Sorry, but these renderings make it look more like the pickup is based off the JK, than the JL. Maybe its just the lack of the mud exhaust port on the fenders? I mean, those pics look like a JK Hard Rock, with a pickup bed kit added.

JeepinOutfitters

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepinoutfitters.com
Vehicle(s)
1995 XJ, 2016 JKUR Hard Rock
Occupation
Outfitting Jeeps for adventures.
I find it incredibly unlikely that the JT forgoes the body line going down the side. This would require jeep to manufacture two different sets of doors that were otherwise identical in every other dimension thus increasing production costs of both the JL and JT.
I agree. While the mirrors on the JT do appear to be higher on the side by side photos, I'd be really surprised if Jeep went to the expense of having different doors (and/or front fenders) for the trucks. I think they'd want to have as much interchangeability of body parts as possible. If anything, if the body line is on the truck bed, it'd look better and make more sense on the JT's body than on the JL's.

And I really don't see them putting the gas filler neck on the cab if they do end up making a 2dr model. It kinda sorta looks neat, but it doesn't really make any sense to put it there. I think it'd intrude into the interior space too much in that location.

Sponsored

Joe Camel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Charger, Planning for JLU
Sorry, but these renderings make it look more like the pickup is based off the JK, than the JL. Maybe its just the lack of the mud exhaust port on the fenders? I mean, those pics look like a JK Hard Rock, with a pickup bed kit added.
That's because the JL basically looks like the JK except for some of the new styling from the windshield forward. Take away the JL's new side body line and fender vents (which OP says isn't on the pickup) and they look even more alike.

kjvlv

First Name
kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
pickup
So awesome! Was just about to post its been slow around here and then boom this!

EDIT: BTW I want the green 4 door in that exact color

Ok, I have to have the green 4 door pick up when released in 2019 as well.

Does anybody have an idea what the MSRP will be? I only have 2 years to save up!

Eugene the Jeep

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU in black
Aren't the JL and JT going to be built at different plants anyway? Probably would still save cost to make the same doors for both but maybe less so?

Love the renders Btw, this would absolutely be at the top of my list if in the market for a pickup.

digitalbliss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1979 CJ7
Aren't the JL and JT going to be built at different plants anyway? Probably would still save cost to make the same doors for both but maybe less so?

Love the renders Btw, this would absolutely be at the top of my list if in the market for a pickup.
No, the JL will be built on the old Cherokee line (retooled of course) next to the JK for 6 months (or so). They will then retool the current JK line to produce the JT, which will be next to the JL line (unless I have misread something of course).
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.