Sponsored

JLU Rubicon - 35 Inch tires with no Lift?

Jlrut

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Sahara sold: 2dr Rub ordered 1/17 traded: 2019 2 door picked up 12/27
I am really happy with the LOD destroyer sliders. They are solid! Really wanted something functional that also protected against rocks being flung up the side of the vehicle. Install was easy enough by myself using a jack with a short 2x6 on it. Northridge4x4 had the best pricing using the forum discount code.

Also just a note that the rear view camera catches the bottom of the wheel in the image. Not horrible but not the same visibility as with the stock wheel/tire combo
I watched watching a you tube of the SEMA show in Vegas and they came across the Teraflex jeep. Two items of interest: 1) a slide mount for the spare that includes a design that puts the camera back just a little so there is no obstruction of the view 2) a third brake light mount that's the best I've seen. It simply clamps around the housing of the camera and can be attached or removed in a couple of seconds as opposed to the others that require using wrenches to remove.

the video is with Robbie from Quadratec and it's a 22.34 minute video. The Teraflex portion is around the 14 minute mark.
Sponsored

MarkY3130

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Nice. My Sting Gray JLUR to arrive any day now. Would prefer those wheels, made mistake ordering optional wheels and may see if can get any credit for them against wheels like yours. Will have painted roof. Will go straight to 315 K02 (dealership providing $500 credit for 285 tires, not much but something).
You’ll do much better selling those wheels and tires yourself as a set, as new take offs, than whatever the dealer will give as credit. The upgraded wheels with tires and tpms you could sell for $1500+ I bet. I sold my standard rubi wheel setup for $1,100 and the sold the same day I listed it for sale.

Pic18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito JLUR, 2017 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (my wife’s)
IMG_1736.jpg

17" Mopar black performance wheels with 315/70/R17 KO2's.
Do you have any other pictures you could post, like a front shot, a shot of how they sit in the fenders, and the spare tire? Thanks.

Buster86

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLUR
Occupation
Production Operator
Installed 37x12.5x17 BFG KM3's with 9" rim on -11 offset before installing lift. No rubbing issues at all for road and highway use. Will easily rub though when offroad. Ran it for 1,500 miles before getting the lift on.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Last Mango

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Unlimited Rubicon
BFG AT KO2 315/70/17's installed on Stock rims. No rubbing on the road. Rides the same. Spare tire mount maybe less than ideal. Bump Stops are hyper compressed. Tire rubbing on Cool Tech CB Antenna mount. Slightly less power to the ground, but not bad. Worlds better than our 2008 JKU with 3.8 and 4 speed trans.

Topless for the weekend, including windshield down for the first time.

Cheers,
James

Rubicon windshield down.jpg

OP
OP

Last Mango

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@Last Mango what straps are you using to hold down windscreen?
The Mopar JL Windshield hook straps. They're a little hinky, and seem a little less than secure, but I guess it'll be OK. Time will tell. Of course I probably won't run it on the highway, or when bumpy offroading, but it's kinda fun to do running out to the irish pub for happy hour.

Cheers,
James

Reactions: Ape

Sponsored

OP
OP

Last Mango

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Factory Steel Bumper, Rims, and Tire Carrier. The new BFG AT KO2 315/70/17 spare rests on the bumper. Literally rubs/rests on the bumper. You can hear the tire slide on the bumper when you close the tailgate. The bumper helps support the added weight, and this is a good thing??

For me, going with a true 35" tire, would have required an aftermarket carrier to clear the bumper.

Also after mounting the larger spare, the Cool Tech CB Antenna mount was pressing hard against the spare tire. I moved the mount from the upper hinge mount to the lower mount. Which means now I need the 4' antenna, instead of the 3' I already own.

Learning process.

Cheers,
James

Tire-Bumper.jpg

IndustrialAction

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
315/70 r17 BFG KO2 with Black Rhino Warlords 17x9 with a -12 offset.
I love the look of my 35s with -12 but I definitely wasn't prepared for how much they fling up!

Looking damn good though :fist bump:

Pic18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito JLUR, 2017 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (my wife’s)
Nice job
315/70 r17 BFG KO2 with Black Rhino Warlords 17x9 with a -12 offset. Here are a few pics. A couple that show the before and after.
Awesome job with the before and after pics!

LLRubylady

First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
was an ‘18 Rubicon Mojito! now a boring Mazda
I love the look of my 35s with -12 but I definitely wasn't prepared for how much they fling up!

Looking damn good though :fist bump:
Fling up what rocks? Dirt?
Sponsored