I keep getting a check engine light ...

Semdaddy

First Name
Irfan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler 2.0 sport unlimited
this will be the second time going to my dealer for the code p2712, I have a 2018 Jeep Wrangler sport unlimited 2.0
All they basically do is clear the code and say checked vacume lines - no leaks.
Anyone else have this issue or any ideas, on how to approach the dealer tomorrow if bringing it to them and I really want them to fix it for ffs

C19866DB-5161-4390-A379-0DA15ADCEC04.jpeg
Sponsored

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
Silly question but have you checked the seal on the gas cap and if it’s good maybe have another dealer look at it or get the Service Manager involved

OP
OP
Semdaddy

Semdaddy

First Name
Irfan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yea I’ll
Let them know today , greatgul
For the feed back - hopefully they don’t hit me with ummm no that would throw a evap code , welp 3rd times the charm

1quick1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Vehicle Showcase
Lite.

For them to properly fix it you'll likely need to leave it with them for a couple days so they can clear the code, drive it around and have it come back, then they may try chasing it down.

OP
OP
Semdaddy

Semdaddy

First Name
Irfan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lite.

For them to properly fix it you'll likely need to leave it with them for a couple days so they can clear the code, drive it around and have it come back, then they may try chasing it down.
Comes on every 6-7 days Fml , very true though they mentioned contacting the engineers at Jeep next time I bring in - crossing my fingers

Sponsored

OP
OP
Semdaddy

Semdaddy

First Name
Irfan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I guess my Jeep got upset I was talking about it on the forums , the check Engine light cleared itself .. just as I was getting ready to drop it off at the dealer , fml. Lol

ECHO

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2-Door JL Rubicon - Black
Occupation
Retired Air Force - Currently in my Dream Job
Guy can't spell, no wonder he can't fix your JEEP

OP
OP
Semdaddy

Semdaddy

First Name
Irfan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So quick update , when driving on the highway for more then an hour or so thie code p2172 comes on , the wrangler has been in the shop since Wednesday March 20th , they don’t have loaners at my dealership they’ve told me to call Chrysler and basically I’d have to pay $45 dollars a day from enterprise and then they would be reimburse me up to $35 a day ‍♂

633B92D9-87C2-4DDA-8C4C-ACF90E4CD67F.jpeg

chevymitchell

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Pain Train), 2022 2500 AT4
Occupation
Avi Engineer
So quick update , when driving on the highway for more then an hour or so thie code p2172 comes on , the wrangler has been in the shop since Wednesday March 20th , they don’t have loaners at my dealership they’ve told me to call Chrysler and basically I’d have to pay $45 dollars a day from enterprise and then they would be reimburse me up to $35 a day ‍♂

633B92D9-87C2-4DDA-8C4C-ACF90E4CD67F.jpeg
This is usually a vacuum leak or failed MAF sensor. They'll find it, man. Takes a little time sometimes. Wishing you the best.

After you clear the code and it stays off for a little while, that is the "Drive Cycle". Once the vehicle goes through its drive cycle, it will report any codes. If it was a hard failure like a CAN, discreet, V in, or ground issue to a sensor, you would see the check engine light almost immediately.

They'll find a leak somewhere or the MAF out of tolerance. Just a guess though. Good luck, man.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Semdaddy

Semdaddy

First Name
Irfan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thank you very much for replying that sounds about right! hopefully they aren’t bombarded by people looking for their complimentary oil changes today and fix it. Unfortunately getting the first gen of this new 2.0 I’m turning out to be quiet the Guniea pig, so far they’ve repaired rear end noise
A blown shock and now this vac leak lol ..7k miles

OP
OP
Semdaddy

Semdaddy

First Name
Irfan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So after 5 days of holding the car they have basically cleared the code and then stated they don’t even have that code in their system basically

View attachment 159383

2B891A47-0A09-499C-932A-D8A5EF9D4A41.jpeg

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0
Last edited:
OP
OP
Semdaddy

Semdaddy

First Name
Irfan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not sure how I even move forward next time the code comes back on .. anyone else have this issue with their 2.0 ?

84jeepjohn

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 JLUR 392, 84 CJ7, 2005 Z71 Burb
That's messed up. Take the old invoice back and be like ahh...... look ya'll have the code. WTF????

OP
OP
Semdaddy

Semdaddy

First Name
Irfan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I had it with me and told him , this is fucked up he was like yaaa I hear ya just come back if it comes on ? Lol wtf ..
Sponsored