Sponsored

Change color of stitching on dash and steering wheel?

OP
OP
allenn

allenn

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jl 4 Door
Well ended up ordering me some katzkins today to match. They are going to change stiching in the dash and doors can’t do anything with the steering wheel.

heels19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Wrangler Sahara (Sting Gray), 14 Wrangler Sahara (Dune)
Well ended up ordering me some katzkins today to match. They are going to change stiching in the dash and doors can’t do anything with the steering wheel.
If you don't mind me asking, what are they charging for the doors and dash? Haven't found anyone in the Seattle area willing to do those mods.

Also are you only changing stitching there or new vinyl as well?

OP
OP
allenn

allenn

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jl 4 Door
If you don't mind me asking, what are they charging for the doors and dash? Haven't found anyone in the Seattle area willing to do those mods.

Also are you only changing stitching there or new vinyl as well?
Dash, doors, and changing the seats “karzkins” going to be black with purple inserts and purple stiching 1600. I think they are going to do the console also.

Sponsored

heels19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Wrangler Sahara (Sting Gray), 14 Wrangler Sahara (Dune)
Dash, doors, and changing the seats “karzkins” going to be black with purple inserts and purple stiching 1600
That's an incredible quote for that much work. Seats and the center arm-console alone in Seattle or Portland are going for $1600-2k.

I've been quoted an additional $400-500 to do matching vinyl for the dash (labor is the killer here) and virtually nobody will commit to the door panels. I am going Sting Gray exterior with a similar tone for the interior, will likely just be keeping the black accents for some contrast given the steep price.

OP
OP
allenn

allenn

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jl 4 Door
That's an incredible quote for that much work. Seats and the center arm-console alone in Seattle or Portland are going for $1600-2k.

I've been quoted an additional $400-500 to do matching vinyl for the dash (labor is the killer here) and virtually nobody will commit to the door panels. I am going Sting Gray exterior with a similar tone for the interior, will likely just be keeping the black accents for some contrast given the steep price.
That would deffiently have me thinking twice too! I swear every time I think I’m done putting money into I find something else that I “need”.

joshg

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Moab, Tesla Model S P90DL, Audi R8 V10 Spyder 6MT
can you change out the color in the dash doors and steering wheel? I know you can do the seats was wondering if it was the same process for the everything else?
@allenn are you still looking to do a trade on wheel, shifter boots and dash? I have a Moab edition so mine are black leather with white stitching, which would be easy to do the color change for you. I'm looking for red stitching panels and would do the fabric pen thing but if you're wanting to swap leather panels first, we could both get what we want?

OP
OP
allenn

allenn

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jl 4 Door
@allenn are you still looking to do a trade on wheel, shifter boots and dash? I have a Moab edition so mine are black leather with white stitching, which would be easy to do the color change for you. I'm looking for red stitching panels and would do the fabric pen thing but if you're wanting to swap leather panels first, we could both get what we want?
sorry I just seen this. I had all of the red pulled out and new put in.

Sponsored