BIKINI Wrangler JL Club

Waiting

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2-Door Rubicon, 3.6L, 8-spd auto
Looks like you aren't the only one! I found this gem today and made a side-by-side photo.
If I were ordering a JL I'd be going for this. Hell, I'd even pay to have someone make the graphics to match the original islander vinyl.

Islander Edition.png
Nice mock up...that look like mine lol
Sponsored

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Amazon says Bikini is an official color built now. They have a flashlight available in Bikini color. Jeff Bezos and the Washington Post can't be wrong.

TideDown

First Name
Amanda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Amazon says Bikini is an official color built now. They have a flashlight available in Bikini color. Jeff Bezos and the Washington Post can't be wrong.
Well if Jeff Bezos says it, it MUST be true!
Jeff Bezos, or his new girlfriend may be a Jeep spy...

2Wander

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara <ON ORDER>
Have you heard anything yet? I haven’t moved since D1 on 2/18
I just checked with Jeep Chat and mine moved from D to D1 over the last couple of days. So its movement! But not a lot.

Sponsored

jz19

First Name
JZ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Sahara JLU in Bikini
If you're impatient to see the Bikini color in person, like me, you can order the touch-up paint on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07GNMKFW1/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I got mine on Monday. It's still a little tough to tell based on thickness (I tried just pouring out a dot and then painting a couple of layers with a brush), but it looks to be a really nice color - probably somewhere between the factory shots (under super bright lights) and the online builder rendering.

It definitely has a lot of glitter in it, which I love! The pearlescent effect seems to make it change color slightly depending on the angle of the light--from a blue-ish turquoise to more of a green-ish teal.

I'm still going to wait to see it at scale before ordering, just to be sure, but I like what I see so far! Luckily, at least one dealership in ATL put a couple of JLs in Bikini on order when it was released in the dealer system (early February), so hopefully those will be hitting the lot in the next few weeks. :please:

beachbumm78

First Name
Kristy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 bikini blue Rubicon
Occupation
Athletic trainer & Massage therapist
Vehicle Showcase
That’s great. I asked at two local dealerships down here and they had no clue when they were ordering any bikini colors. In fact both places I asked didn’t even realize that was a color name for the wrangler coming out. :headbang:

amajoh

First Name
Amanda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Moab, 2014 JK Willys
In fact both places I asked didn’t even realize that was a color name for the wrangler coming out. :headbang:
I had the exact same reaction at one of my local dealerships. I was talking to the guy and I mentioned bikini and he said "do you mean ocean blue?" Um, no sir, I do not. I mean the color that your company has just released.

beachbumm78

First Name
Kristy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 bikini blue Rubicon
Occupation
Athletic trainer & Massage therapist
Vehicle Showcase
I had the exact same reaction at one of my local dealerships. I was talking to the guy and I mentioned bikini and he said "do you mean ocean blue?" Um, no sir, I do not. I mean the color that your company has just released.
Yep. One place the guy told me that it was a re-release of the ocean blue just basically renamed.

Sponsored

jz19

First Name
JZ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Sahara JLU in Bikini
That’s great. I asked at two local dealerships down here and they had no clue when they were ordering any bikini colors. In fact both places I asked didn’t even realize that was a color name for the wrangler coming out. :headbang:
LOL same. Every time I've talked to a different dealership about Bikini, they've been like "whhaaaaatttt????".

Luckily, one of the dealerships here knew that was a priority for me and called me immediately when they had the brochure with it and then again when it was available to order. I still haven't pulled the trigger on the order, but it's good to know that once it's on their radar, at least one dealership kept a keen watch out. :)

Jeeper18426572

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Wrangler Willys Wheeler 2 Door Tank Green
Last edited by a moderator:

TideDown

First Name
Amanda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
OP
OP
Pic18

Pic18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito JLUR, 2017 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (my wife’s)