snow plow options for JLU

saleenc330

First Name
jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe LTZ 6.2L
Anyone running a plow on their JLU? I'm looking for one with 2 connection points to the frame as opposed to one that uses a 2" receiver like the Meyer Home Plow, etc. Contacted Western, Boss, Meyer and Fisher but none could confirm any mounts at this point. Only Meyer suggested the Home Plow or Wingman and Draw-tite does have a 2" receiver for the JL. My preference would be Western with an ultra mount but may be forced into the Wingman. TIA.
Sponsored

grady2hig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JLU, 2017 Toyota Sienna XLE 4WD
Anyone running a plow on their JLU? I'm looking for one with 2 connection points to the frame as opposed to one that uses a 2" receiver like the Meyer Home Plow, etc. Contacted Western, Boss, Meyer and Fisher but none could confirm any mounts at this point. Only Meyer suggested the Home Plow or Wingman and Draw-tite does have a 2" receiver for the JL. My preference would be Western with an ultra mount but may be forced into the Wingman. TIA.
Buy something else to attach a plow to... don't ruin your new jeep...

RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
I get that you want the two connection point variety. If your forced into use of a 2" receiver hitch variety, and want the plow on the front (as opposed to a rear hitch), here's a link to my front hitch JL installation.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/installing-a-front-hitch-on-a-jl.8637/

snide

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Grand Cherokee
From my research in the last couple of weeks, I've found that Boss makes a plow for JL Sport as well as a plow for the JLU Rubicon.

JL Sport:
Product MSRP Price*
LTA11950 LTA11950 - UC/RT3,HTX/SPORT,JEEP WRANGLER JL,18+ $0.00
STB15035 STB15035 - PLOW BOX,RT3-STR,SH2 HTX,SL3,D-F $3,942.30
STB18974 STB18974 - BLADE CRATE (SNOWPLOW),7-0,HTX POLY STB $1,030.20
STB06534 STB06534 - KIT-BACK DRAG EDGE,7-0 STB $96.90
MSC11949 MSC11949 - ADAPTER-HEADLIGHT,WRANGLER JL,18+,13PIN $0.00
STB15103 STB15103 - KIT-CONTROL, RT3 W/SH2 STR SMTOUCH2,08 $494.70

JLU Rubicon:
Product MSRP Price*
STB15103 STB15103 - KIT-CONTROL, RT3 W/SH2 STR SMTOUCH2,08 $494.70
STB18973 STB18973 - BLADE CRATE (SNOWPLOW),7-0,HTX STEEL STB $928.20
STB10321C STB10321C - PLOW BOX, RT3-STR, W/SH2 HTX,SL3 $3,432.30
LTA11950 LTA11950 - UC/RT3,HTX/SPORT,JEEP WRANGLER JL,18+ $0.00
STB06534 STB06534 - KIT-BACK DRAG EDGE,7-0 STB $96.90
MSC11949 MSC11949 - ADAPTER-HEADLIGHT,WRANGLER JL,18+,13PIN $0.00
STB09231 STB09231 - KIT-URETHANE EDGE [7.0FTX6X1.0,STB] $262.45

More info at boss plow dot com.

I have no affiliation with Boss plow, nor do I currently have a Boss plow. However, I'm wanting to get back into a Wrangler, and I'm liking the JLU, and happen to need a plow, as my '06 F250 plow truck is disintegrating in my driveway. :(

Sponsored

shmpls

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, BMW M4
Bumping this back up in case other people have since figured out options. I have a farm that needs the long driveway cleared a dozen or so times a year and having an option that I can pop on when I am down there would be great. Based on the length of the drive and drifting snow, I am guessing I will want something with a double pin mount instead of a front receiver hitch, but I also want something with all of the electric/hydraulic components on the plow frame with a remote. I don't want to have to connect anything other than power when I attach it.

bilcol81

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Wrangler Sahara
Occupation
Retired
Many years ago while still living in PA I used a Meyer plow on my 4Runner. It sure beat a shovel but I had to be careful not to overheat due to lack of airflow into the grill. Something to consider before putting one on a JL.

snide

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Grand Cherokee
Bumping this back up in case other people have since figured out options. I have a farm that needs the long driveway cleared a dozen or so times a year and having an option that I can pop on when I am down there would be great. Based on the length of the drive and drifting snow, I am guessing I will want something with a double pin mount instead of a front receiver hitch, but I also want something with all of the electric/hydraulic components on the plow frame with a remote. I don't want to have to connect anything other than power when I attach it.
Snow Dogg also makes a plow for the JL. Model MD, part number 16064315

:beer::jk:

shmpls

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, BMW M4
Snow Dogg also makes a plow for the JL. Model MD, part number 16064315

:beer::jk:
Perfect, thank you. It looks like their mount (as well as the Boss mount) are both double pin frame mounts and not front receiver mounts (which I just don't think are going to be strong enough for the drifts I may have to hit from time to time).

Sponsored

Ridgway Jeeper

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR
Occupation
Real Estate Agent
It is a 2021, how much plowing could you possibly have done? Given the amount of rake in the picture, I wonder how often the rear wheels come off the ground when you lift the plow?

Plowing a small personal driveway with a Jeep would be fine. 12 hrs of commercial use per event is going to trash the Jeep in short order. I am sure it handles 2-4 inch events fine but heaven help you with that lightweight rig should you really get snow.

plowtruck.jpg

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
It is a 2021, how much plowing could you possibly have done? Given the amount of rake in the picture, I wonder how often the rear wheels come off the ground when you lift the plow?

Plowing a small personal driveway with a Jeep would be fine. 12 hrs of commercial use per event is going to trash the Jeep in short order. I am sure it handles 2-4 inch events fine but heaven help you with that lightweight rig should you really get snow.

plowtruck.jpg
A Wrangler can be a real winner when used for Commercial plowing... I have plowed for 15 hrs. +- non-stop doing commercial stuff.. during a snow event.

If you have small parking lots, entrance ways, nooks, wide sidewalks, store fronts and and such that many pickups or 2 tons can't easily do because of their size ...... the small size of the Wrangler and the turning radius and more, that a Wrangler is a real real plus..

Yes, being an experienced plow guy/gal is important... there really is a lot of know how needed to plow safe, sane, decently and with little damage to the rig and terrain, surfaces, stuff, etc..

When using any plow rig, golden rule of "Plow with the Storm" is prudent / a must or yup, "heaven help you" .... but that is with any plow rig, big or small. You don't wait til after the snow event occurs to go out and plow.... you plow with the storm.

I've plowed with a few pretty big snow plowing rigs over the last 40+ years ..... for sure though, I made much more money plowing snow with the Wrangler plow rigs I have had. Lots of work around for a small size, capable plow rig..

And again... you always have to remember the golden rule.... "Plow with the Storm".

Ridgway Jeeper

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR
Occupation
Real Estate Agent
Thanks for the advice, I am going on 35 years of plowing snow. I did so commercially with my lawn care business in Minnesota for 18 years. I have done it for another 17 in Colorado. The Jeep would see damage on my route and you would be plowing twice as often as my truck needs to, to keep up with the mountain storms. The frame isn't strong enough, the size not advantageous enough, the weight to really push spring snow, simply not enough. I see people try to plow here with Jeeps and Tacomas. I see them broken a fair amount. Good Luck plowing with a Jeep, no way that would fit my needs. In the city with 2-4" triggers maybe... 90% of my clients are on a 6" trigger and gravel driveways.

I almost never "plow with the storm". My clients have a 6 inch minimum and after 12 inches if it is still going to continue piling up they will get double plowed and charged accordingly. The F350 at nearly 9000 lbs ready to plow can handle a foot with little trouble. I would have to plow 2-3 times with a Wrangler which either raises customers costs substantially or seriously cuts into my earnings.

The_TJ

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR
Im In MI. We have a 1.5" trigger and i use it for Stuff that our full sized trucks either cant do productively and/or where its maneuverability is a huge factor. Condos, Small Medical offices, ect. In these situations this does a much faster and better job.
Sponsored