Sponsored

Cloth Seat Photos?

Jrbrannan

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Ocean Blue 2008 Highlander Hybrid (previously several CJ-7, YJ, TJ, JK)
Vehicle Showcase
The Rubicon cloth seats look really nice. Can anyone speak to the automatic transmission and parking break. Those are upgraded to leather if you get leather seats but I was wondering what the material is in the cloth.
I am leaning towards cloth but I don't want the gear lever and other small items to feel cheap on a $47k automobile.
Sponsored

BDJeep1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon on order
They don't feel cheap with cloth. They feel like leather. I went to a dealer with a cloth Rubicon interior just to check out these kind of differences.

The center and door arm rests have red stitching with leather but with cloth they are all black. On the cloth interior the arm rests have a little bit of padding and are a soft vinyl material and feel fine. The leather ones do feel a little nicer. But I don't think it is real leather. I had a JK hard rock with leather interior and the leather quality is ok but most of it is not real leather (like most car leather is not real leather or only part of a seat is leather and it is called 'leather trimmed').

I think you will be pleased with the cloth interior. It is very nice. I am switching to cloth in my JL Rubicon from leather in my JK.

Jrbrannan

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Ocean Blue 2008 Highlander Hybrid (previously several CJ-7, YJ, TJ, JK)
Vehicle Showcase
I see that the pictures came though. This is the cloth on my JLUR I also though in some pictures of the steering wheel and auto shifter I hope this helps. ( JrBrannan)
Thanks for the pictures! That looks like they are quality. Now to just swallow the pill and call the dealer to order. Never thought I would be spending over $40k for a Jeep. No reason to get cold feet now though right?

Sponsored

jeep4

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangler rubicon jl
Thanks for the pictures! That looks like they are quality. Now to just swallow the pill and call the dealer to order. Never thought I would be spending over $40k for a Jeep. No reason to get cold feet now though right?
I have had a few jeeps in my days YJ,JK and JKU and now JLUR but I am very happy with my decision. BTW 40k plus is a lot of money.

Jason

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR StingGray
I see that the pictures came though. This is the cloth on my JLUR I also though in some pictures of the steering wheel and auto shifter I hope this helps. ( JrBrannan)
Kind of off topic, I see your car seat dock, is your car seat rear facing or front facing? I’m going to have a rear facing one for while longer, just curious on the fit? Does it feel cramped with the seat in?

ccarrico29

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU Polar Edition
X2 on the car seat question. I have an 18 month old rear facing, and #2 due in March that will also be rear facing.

I know the JL is not the ideal vehicle, but it looks to have more room than my JK does, and I'm not ready to grow up to a "dad vehicle" Escalade just yet. :D I'm just trying to hold out for Mojito...

Jimmylats JL

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Jeep TJ willys, 2018 rubicon JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Thank you for the pictures as I ordered mine with cloth seats before I saw what they would look like. I was kind of worried until I saw yours. Very happy with my decision!

jeep4

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangler rubicon jl
Kind of off topic, I see your car seat dock, is your car seat rear facing or front facing? I’m going to have a rear facing one for while longer, just curious on the fit? Does it feel cramped with the seat in?
Jason that is a dock for a rear facing baby seat (Grandson) and there is definitely more room then in my JKU, however I am at work and I will check to see tomorrow how much room is in the front with some pictures.

Sponsored

Jason

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR StingGray
Jason that is a dock for a rear facing baby seat (Grandson) and there is definitely more room then in my JKU, however I am at work and I will check to see tomorrow how much room is in the front with some pictures.
Awesome thanks

OversandJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2017 JKU Sahara, 2014 JKU Sport S, 2007 JKU Sport, 1997 TJ,

ccarrico29

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU Polar Edition
Jason and ccarrico29, I hope some pictures will help so here they are by the way I am 6'2 with a 36" inseam. Yes having had a jku there is definitely a little more room.

IMG_1066.JPG

IMG_1068.JPG

IMG_1070.JPG

IMG_1072.JPG

IMG_1074.JPG
Great photos, that definitely helps! I'm only 5'7" and my wife 5'6", so we should be good to go. I've found a few at the dealers, but they're always locked and I'm not about to be attacked by a bunch of sharks just yet.
Sponsored