Kezza

First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Y62
Hi everyone!
I already posted this on anther forum but thought I’d repost it again here in case it could help anyone re pricing.

The Rubicons coming in do have black roofs - they’re not color coded.
They also come with standard fenders (not the 2” raised ones the Rubi’s get in the US)
And from the Jeep Australia website, it also appears that the vents on the hood are not the same as in US either (ours are watered down and wimpy)

I have put down a fully refundable deposit on a Black Unlimited Petrol Rubicon.

We’re getting the leather package, a tow kit installed with electric brakes, they’re also painting all the alloys matte black and filling her up with a tank full of petrol. (Plus $500 Mopar accessories)
Drive away price is $71,250 (NSW)

I have been matched with a vehicle on its way over and delivery is expected for (hopefully) late April.

Good luck everyone!
Hi JJ,
that seems like you have about a 2k or more discount in there somewhere, Black is std paint and the leather pack is about 1.3-1.5k .. TowKit and electric brakes? i not seen those options yet.. any more info o that incl cost ?
and you did not get the AUX switch pack option ?
Sponsored

JJMatar

First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Bright White 2020 JLUR
Hi JJ,
that seems like you have about a 2k or more discount in there somewhere, Black is std paint and the leather pack is about 1.3-1.5k .. TowKit and electric brakes? i not seen those options yet.. any more info o that incl cost ?
Hey Kezza!
We phoned around, did our research and negotiated pretty hard. The dealer that we’re in contact with has been lovely and put up with my slightly stalkerish tendencies. (I’m not the most patient person LOL)
The rims, tow kit and electric brakes will be aftermarket but done through the Jeep dealership. Their price on the tow kit and brakes was about $1500
We need the vehicle before July as we have planned a trip to the snow so I tried to keep my order as simple as possible to give me the best possible chance of being matched with something in the first shipment. Now that I’ve been confirmed a vehicle, we’re seeing if can get the electrical group option.
At the time it wasn’t worth risking a few more months wait with our impending trip. Now.. I’m really wanting it
We’ll see what he finds next week!

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
yeah i am now also, it just i been on the USA sites and i had settled on Rubi in green all colour coded and to then not have it as option-i was devo. anyways, i read that tall people are having issue with seat not going low enough or far enough back.. that could be the nail in the coffen as i would buy a car i not able to sit in.
Anyway- Jeep Aust updated the website- got some RHd pictures. i think they got the wrong wheels as Rubicon std, they stated polished lip are, but the customer guide and the rest of the world the polished lip are option.
Nice pickup on the both tops as 'std' - i did not see that.
So just need to drive, find the costs of the leather pack as it looks like the rear only get middle fold down armrest in a leather pack( and the drinks holders behind console change.) and the Aux pack And do they come with a tow bar? i can't see an opt in the list yet.. but will re -read it .
How tall are you? I'm 6'5" tall, or nearly 196 cm, and the Rubicon fits me just right. I wouldn't want to be a cm or two taller, though. I keep the seat on its lowest setting and not so much reclined and it is perfect. I have heard that the Rubicon seats, for whatever reason, allow a little more room. I am not sure about leather, though. Mine are cloth. I've had it for 13 months and 26,000 km, so rest assured I am comfortable in it.

I hope that is helpful to some of you.

JJMatar

First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Bright White 2020 JLUR
Hi JJ,
Hi again Kez!
I just had a look for you and they quoted the tow package with electric brakes at $1,547. Though with the discounts we received I don’t think they worked out quite that much.

I absolutely love the US Rubicon and am quite disappointed with the watered down version that we’re getting so I jump from being so excited at the possibility of owning a Wrangler again to being frustrated with what we’re being offered.
A small part of me wants to wait 6-12 months so see how they settle into the market but I’m just not patient enough to do that.

JJMatar

First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Bright White 2020 JLUR
How tall are you? I'm 6'5" tall, or nearly 196 cm, and the Rubicon fits me just right. I wouldn't want to be a cm or two taller, though. I keep the seat on its lowest setting and not so much reclined and it is perfect. I have heard that the Rubicon seats, for whatever reason, allow a little more room. I am not sure about leather, though. Mine are cloth. I've had it for 13 months and 26,000 km, so rest assured I am comfortable in it.

Ahh! You’ve had yours 13 months and we’re still waiting for ours! The envy is strong over here in Australia!

Sponsored

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Ahh! You’ve had yours 13 months and we’re still waiting for ours! The envy is strong over here in Australia!
Yes, but once you get them you have the whole of Australia in which to play with them! My dream would be to take my Jeep to Western Australia and tag along with Ronnie Dahl on a big trip!

Kezza

First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Y62

i 6'4" but long body short legs lol.
i sat in and drove the Overland, here in Brisbane and i fitted, just. i could not see the top of the dash LED cluster without a physical shrink. We get the RHD so the Footwell has a dam big lump from the engine/transmission, so i reckon that is why there is no Manual option in RHD cause there is not much for the Left Foot and no left foot rest at all.
so yes i could live with it, but sh1t really jeep, what were you thinking

Kezza

First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Y62
Yes, but once you get them you have the whole of Australia in which to play with them! My dream would be to take my Jeep to Western Australia and tag along with Ronnie Dahl on a big trip!
He did a video and weekend in SA with David 'Dash' from DashOff road for the Y62 patrol... a JK turned up and also got video
SA = South Australia

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
He did a video and weekend in SA with David 'Dash' from DashOff road for the Y62 patrol... a JK turned up and also got video
SA = South Australia
His Dad has an old JK that you can see in lots of his videos, too. He keeps up with those wild Land Cruisers pretty well. I can't remember if his Dad's is a Rubicon, or not, though. His Dad's seems to have held up pretty well. The JL will be even better. Every critical supsension piece, including axles, is built much stronger. I'm looking forward to the first video he does with a JL coming along!

Steve0

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S3
His Dad has an old JK that you can see in lots of his videos, too. He keeps up with those wild Land Cruisers pretty well. I can't remember if his Dad's is a Rubicon, or not, though. His Dad's seems to have held up pretty well. The JL will be even better. Every critical supsension piece, including axles, is built much stronger. I'm looking forward to the first video he does with a JL coming along!
I really like Ronnie Dhal’s videos, he’s just a normal guy, tells you why they sometimes struggle to get over/through obstacles. Tells what tyre pressures and sizes the rigs are running etc. His dad’s JK been really reliable, I think the only failure it had was the electric thermo fan due to lots of water crossings. To be fair though, on the same episode one or both landcrusiers had failed alternators for the same reason. I noticed the alternator on the new JL is up high & facing backwards, which having lost an alternator myself, I think is a great design!

Sponsored

Kezza

First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Y62
I really like Ronnie Dhal’s videos, he’s just a normal guy, tells you why they sometimes struggle to get over/through obstacles. Tells what tyre pressures and sizes the rigs are running etc. His dad’s JK been really reliable, I think the only failure it had was the electric thermo fan due to lots of water crossings. To be fair though, on the same episode one or both landcrusiers had failed alternators for the same reason. I noticed the alternator on the new JL is up high & facing backwards, which having lost an alternator myself, I think is a great design!
yes much better place for the alternator. the Y62 V8 is like the landcruiser v8, Alt is down low. the y62 one can be seen through the front wheel well and i have had one go open circuit already. i think the bearing went on it and then it got too hot.. not sure, but on the day it went, there was 'drivebelt' bearing' noise above the usual sound.

JJMatar

First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Bright White 2020 JLUR
Isn’t that funny because as an Aussie I just want to take my Jeep over to America and do an overland trek there. You do have a point though.. at least we have Ronny!

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Isn’t that funny because as an Aussie I just want to take my Jeep over to America and do an overland trek there. You do have a point though.. at least we have Ronny!
Lol, lots to see and do here, too, but I guess in my mind, and probably in reality, there is just so much more area with populaton zero! I think this because down there everybody has to run with huge amounts of fuel and refrigerators. Here, you can find a place to buy ice frequently enough that you can get by without one. Of course, (I bought one and even with ice everywhere, I'd never go back to a cooler!) Truthfully, though, I know very little about the geography of Australia. That's a big reason it is so fascinating to me.

JJMatar

First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Bright White 2020 JLUR
Lol, lots to see and do here, too, but I guess in my mind, and probably in reality, there is just so much more area with populaton zero! I think this because down there everybody has to run with huge amounts of fuel and refrigerators. Here, you can find a place to buy ice frequently enough that you can get by without one. Of course, (I bought one and even with ice everywhere, I'd never go back to a cooler!) Truthfully, though, I know very little about the geography of Australia. That's a big reason it is so fascinating to me.
I can’t disagree with you there. Most of our cities and population are based around the coast - as soon as you start heading inland it drops dramatically and is really quite isolated. I do hope you make it over here one day - I don’t think it’s something you’d regret.

devaka

First Name
Devaka
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
I already have an order for an ocean blue, petrol Rubicon, put it in before the 15th Feb cut off. But the dealer said the rubicons might miss the first shipment!! Which means a month or two delay!!:(:angry:....
Here's hoping he is wrong.. has anyone else heard that about the Rubis?
I ordered my Rubicon on the 14th of Feb, and it is supposed to get delivered in early July. Rubicans will be the last to arrive at dealers.
Sponsored