Sponsored

UL Sport S Lease Offer. Yay or Nay?

Whisky19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru, JEEP!!!!!!!
Hello Folks...new to the forums and a previous owner of several jeeps and now ready for a new JL! I was hoping I could post the specs of a deal I’m presented with and get some input from some experienced negotiators..

MSRP for 2018 6cyl Automatic Unlimited Sport S: $31,445.00( base )

Options:

28S - $3200
Technology Group - $995
Convenience - $395
Cold Weather - $995
Trailer Tow - $795
All weather mats - $150
8 Speed Auto - $2000
Anti spin differnetial - $595
Alpine Sound System - $1295
Soft top - $595
Destination Charge - $1495

Total: $43,955.00

48 mo lease, 15k mileage allowance:

0 down,1st pymt, sign $510 month or

$2k down, 1st pymt, sign $ 478 month

I have not seen yet what if any discounts of price have been given as this is preliminary quote from the dealer. I also get a 1% additional discount off MSRP through my company. Was going to price out a Rubicon but not if I’m going to lease. I’ve had a Rubi in the past and never used any of its off road capabilities.. this will be a daily driver with very little off-road usage. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP

Whisky19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru, JEEP!!!!!!!
I should also note that I ran this exact vehicle by 3 different dealers and the 4 yr $470 pymt was roughly the same with primary difference being the out of pocket.

shutamouth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS
Vehicle Showcase
I’ve yet to lease, so I’m a bit unfamiliar with the whole process. What I’d advise is finding out where the monthly payment comes from.
You should know:
MSRP
Sale Price
Taxes
Money Factor
Residual

That might help you evaluate you deal against others better. And I’m sure someone more knowledgeable can help from there.

Good Luck.

OP
OP

Whisky19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru, JEEP!!!!!!!
I’ve yet to lease, so I’m a bit unfamiliar with the whole process. What I’d advise is finding out where the monthly payment comes from.
You should know:
MSRP
Sale Price
Taxes
Money Factor
Residual

That might help you evaluate you deal against others better. And I’m sure someone more knowledgeable can help from there.

Good Luck.

OP
OP

Whisky19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru, JEEP!!!!!!!
Thanks.. it is a process for sure. The MSRP I know( in my original post). Vermont sales tax is 6% which is baked into the payment per month. I will know the sales price, money factor and residual tomorrow. It’s a pretty loaded Sport S so I figured payments would be on the higher side but if I can save a few bucks from one dealer over another... why not.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Whisky19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru, JEEP!!!!!!!
Update on lease figures:

MSRP : $43,955.00
Sales Price: $42,173.00
Residual: $27,252.00
Money Factor: .0025
Tax: $905.00
1% off invoice with Corporate Affiliate discount.

I’m pretty certain there is no dealer discount at this stage in the negotiating process.

Any input would be helpful. Thanks

Last edited:

Robertrinaustin

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18` JLUSS, Outback
Need much more discount. Should be close to another $75/ month discount.

Also, what's the money factor ?

OP
OP

Whisky19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru, JEEP!!!!!!!
Need much more discount. Should be close to another $75/ month discount.

Also, what's the money factor ?
.0025 which is high.. I’m told this dealer deals with two financing arms and this was the lowest( I doubt it). Additionally the Corp affiliate discount 1% under invoice seems like the dealer can go lower than this or in addition to it? I’m not sure how it works.

redelses

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLUR
Can you talk them down to $38k sales price, and put the $2-4000 down? and you should be able to get monthly payments over 72 months at close to $500/month, unlimited mileage. Then after 48 months you have value to trade in for something else, since it's yours and you own the residual.

OP
OP

Whisky19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru, JEEP!!!!!!!
Can you talk them down to $38k sales price, and put the $2-4000 down? and you should be able to get monthly payments over 72 months at close to $500/month, unlimited mileage. Then after 48 months you have value to trade in for something else, since it's yours and you own the residual.
This is a lease not a finance. That’s why I was thinking why pay anything down if I don’t have to. If I take the lower payment at $478 with $2k down vs $510 a month with zero down the difference is $32.00 a month or $1536.00 over 4 years. So it would seem I’m paying extra for a vehicle I’ll likely just give back to the dealer. Maybe my math and thinking is off.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Whisky19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru, JEEP!!!!!!!
I apologize you are thinking finance it rather than lease for essentially the same amount.
Are dealers more inclined to work on price on a finance vs lease?

Last edited:

Robertrinaustin

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18` JLUSS, Outback
I apologize you are thinking finance it rather than lease for essentially the same amount.
Are dealers more inclined to work on price on a finance vs lease?
Typically there are different incentives for lease and purchase, but doesn't usually matter with a Wrangler (no incentives).

Discount isn't very good. I bought my 18` JLUSS on 12/20 and got almost 12% off. You can order a 19' from lots of dealers for 6% under invoice which is a similar discount.

I agree with you on putting $0 down on a lease unless it's to lower your MF via multiple security deposits (MSDs).

rdelses was suggesting you might as well buy at that payment.

Dealer can do much better than your corporate program. We had same through my wife's company and our price was much better. Actually signed paperwork acknowledging our deal was better than the corporate deal and we were electing not to participate.

Bottom line is I'd target $39k plus TTL. If they won't deal, contact the other dealers in your area. It's the end of the month and you should be able to find someone willing to deal. If not, I'd order from one of the dealers in the North East that does 6% under invoice.

shutamouth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS
Vehicle Showcase
Update on lease figures:

MSRP : $43,955.00
Sales Price: $42,173.00
Residual: $27,252.00
Money Factor: .0025
Tax: $905.00
1% off invoice with Corporate Affiliate discount.

I’m pretty certain there is no dealer discount at this stage in the negotiating process.

Any input would be helpful. Thanks
Thanks for the updated info. Frankly, you’re getting worked.

You need to be between $39-$41k before you’re talking on that deal. Maybe search this forum for Recommended Dealers?

OP
OP

Whisky19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru, JEEP!!!!!!!
Thanks very much everyone. I was looking at some of the dealers “ Koons” in VA, Dillons in Idaho.. amazes at how much cheaper they are if willing to take a quick flight and pick the Jeep up. I wonder if showing some of these invoices posted on these forums would incentivize the dealers here in Vermont. I haven’t looked at the surrounding states like Saratoga N.Y., NH, CT, MA etc. Some of these dealers mentioned above have Rubicons priced less than the Unlimited Sport I’m looking at.

Robertrinaustin

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18` JLUSS, Outback
I'd looooove to assume you're kidding here, but just in case you're not: immediately contact Mark Fitzpatrick at Fitzpatrick Jeep in Ansonia, CT ( [email protected] , 203-734-3318 x3011) and he will literally save you thousands of dollars off of MSRP and give you a great car buying experience. Tell him that Ken from the Forum sent you. He'll be expecting your call/email. Expect 4% below INVOICE, which will be in the neighborhood of 10% below MSRP. Once you add on the state fees and taxes, you will still be under MSRP, if that's what you're asking.
From a different thread. Fitzpatrick gets good reviews.
Sponsored