First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon JLU
Occupation
Metal Fabricator & Stuff
Ethan that's not a really great update after a few months. I hope they take care of you on the springs and bushings. I've been on mine for about two weeks is all but love it compared to the R.C boost. We are heading down to Moab next week to try it out.
MC is a great company with good customer service. I know they will take care of me. Manufacturing is a tough business and there are certain things you can't control unless you do it yourself. MC does not manufacture their springs or Rocksport shocks and I honestly don't know if they make Duroflex bushings in-house? What I do know is that they engineer their products well and this is evident by countless miles driven and countless obstacles conquered by many.

I have one of the first systems installed and used by the general public, just like this first year JL. The MC GC system does what they proclaim! I've done a lot of the bucket list trails and been very impressed. I'm not indicating otherwise. I've completed Rubicon Trail twice, Barrett Lake Trail twice, Sierra Buttes and out through Gold Lake, numerous small-lesser know adventures, and now Dusy Ershim Trail. All with my 1st gen MC system. Dusy was my first opportunity to use the Rocksport shocks. It turns out that for me, I need better shocks with some adjustability. For 99% of others, like those who run oem equipment, Rocksports will do just fine. For me, not so much.

At the end of the day, my only real gripe is that I will have to change all these parts again. It's a time commitment that I'd rather spend elsewhere. Well, it's either time or money, right?!
Sponsored

Last edited:

Trail seeker

First Name
Stéphane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 2018
I would go Metalcloak for sure and thats what I plan on doing once they release more parts. I dont want the 3.5" lift, I just want a 2 to 2.5" lift from MC once they release it. The metalcloak duroflex joints are the game changers between these two kits. If you have never used their duroflex joint vs a regular johnny joint then your missing out. Nice and quiet and have more flex and zero maintenance and they last a very long time. I had duroflex joints on our JK for 6 years here in the blistering sun and heat of Arizona and not once did we have to change a single joint out. If it can survive our nasty harsh conditions without maintenance, then you should be sold! Rock Krawler is great stuff as well, i just personally prefer the MC Duroflex joints over the RK Krawler joints.
The 2.5 GC kit was posted today on MC website. I just purchased mine!!! Can’t wait to see it!!!

Sponsored

Ronin77

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
MC is a great company with good customer service. I know they will take care of me. Manufacturing is a tough business and there are certain things you can't control unless you do it yourself. MC does not manufacture their springs or Rocksport shocks and I honestly don't know if they make Duroflex bushings in-house? What I do know is that they engineer their products well and this is evident by countless miles driven and countless obstacles conquered by many.

I have one of the first systems installed and used by the general public, just like this first year JL. The MC GC system does what they proclaim! I've done a lot of the bucket list trails and been very impressed. I'm not indicating otherwise. I've completed Rubicon Trail twice, Barrett Lake Trail twice, Sierra Buttes and out through Gold Lake, numerous small-lesser know adventures, and now Dusy Ershim Trail. All with my 1st gen MC system. Dusy was my first opportunity to use the Rocksport shocks. It turns out that for me, I need better shocks with some adjustability. For 99% of others, like those who run oem equipment, Rocksports will do just fine. For me, not so much.

At the end of the day, my only real gripe is that I will have to change all these parts again. It's a time commitment that I'd rather spend elsewhere. Well, it's either time or

At the end of the day, my only real gripe is that I will have to change all these parts again. It's a time commitment that I'd rather spend elsewhere. Well, it's either time or money, right?!
Hey Ethan, very curious if they straightened out your issues. I’m sitting about 1 1/2” lower in rear as well. Bushings look good so far. I’ll be contacting Metalcloak

Fire Burns

First Name
Fire
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 3.6; 2006 Chrysler 300c SRT-8
2.jpg
I have only had my MC GC Rocksport 3.5 on for about a week, but love it so far. No squeaks or rattles and it’s smooth riding.
@Zenk I know you've got 38s. Still appears to have a ton of space under the fenders. Do you think one could get away with 38s and the 2.5 lift without major issues?

Zenk

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
@Zenk I know you've got 38s. Still appears to have a ton of space under the fenders. Do you think one could get away with 38s and the 2.5 lift without major issues?
I think the 3.5 is the way to go if you plan on 38s. But really depends on if you plan to stretch it out off-road.

RedJeep78

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Sport 2018
At least you’ll have the comfort of knowing it’ll be done right. :blush: Fortunately I have other jeep friends with the skill, tools, and desire to help me do a lot of stuff. It’s a huge money saver. And I am sure to return the favor (at least in terms of free labor as an extra set of hands).
I bought the MC 3.5 and I love it!
Now I just need to regear and buy bigger tires!

Jp (2).jpg

RUSTYS

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Occupation
Guitar slinger
Go watch Lite Brite on Youtube. Those guys ran 38s with a RC spacer lift for a long time with no problem. Just make sure you run longer bump stops.

Sponsored

Ethan

First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon JLU
Occupation
Metal Fabricator & Stuff
Hey Ethan, very curious if they straightened out your issues. I’m sitting about 1 1/2” lower in rear as well. Bushings look good so far. I’ll be contacting Metalcloak
Sorry for the slow reply.

Yes, they sent out new springs and bushings. No problems so far. Once again, MC has great customer service.

Csward12

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Rubicon
Occupation
Law Enforcement
I just finished installing my 3.5 gamechanger with the rocksport shocks tonight. I took it for a little riide after I got every thing set as good as I can with out a alignment rack. It does drive better than when I was on the R.C. Boost for dam sure. On the boost I had about 4degs of caster lots of bump steering now I've got this one set some where around 5.5 of caster night and day haveing that caster back.
Did you get the 5.5 by setting the arms to MC’s suggested lengths?

Jkohler

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jl rubicon 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2017 ram 3500
Did you get the 5.5 by setting the arms to MC’s suggested lengths?
It was pretty close at there starting measurements but I ended up lengthening them tell my angle gauge gave me the reading I was after. Ive moved them to give me 6 degrees now after driving it a while. Ive seen really no difference from the 5.5.

jlewissystem

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR MANUAL Mojito!
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Those on 3.5" with 37's - are you clearing the garage, with a soft top?

swozey

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Those on 3.5" with 37's - are you clearing the garage, with a soft top?
Dig through https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/jlur-lift-37-and-parking-garage.22292/page-2 it has a bunch of 3.5 37" jeeps, I just came from it

Unfortunately I'm screwed on a roof top tent.. might need to get a gladiator and throw it in the bed.

Parking a Jeep with expensive addons outside isn't an option in Dallas.. It'd probably last a day before being stripped
Sponsored