JeepDave

JeepDave

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2D Sport, V6, Manual Transmission
I agree. I like the look of the cover and I like the look of my Rubicon wheels on my Sport S.

Rubi wheels 2.jpg
I like that Summer picture, can't wait till I can drive like that. Sting-Gray looks good.
Sponsored

mandrew

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL
It is really a matter of personal preference/style. My rig doesn't have a spare tire cover.

Zazoh

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon Sting-Gray
Occupation
Software Engineer
It can only hurt the look of the Jeep. To each 'is own, but everybody says "Hey look at that jeep" almost nobody says "Hey look at that cool tire cover, really pulls everything together.

In my experience anyway.

Sponsored

Pink Brit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"GAMORA" Mojito JLR 6-speed manual :)
Occupation
Personal Trainer
I live in Florida and my JLR will be parked outside for most of the day, although garaged at night. Whilst I'm not a big fan of the look of tyre covers, do you think that covering my spare would be prudent to avoid constant full-sun exposure in our ungodly hot Summers damaging my yummy RUBI tyres in some way? I've never owned a Jeep before, this will be my first, so the spare is either non-existent (fun flats) or under the vehicle so it's not something I thought about in the past.

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 3.6 JLR / 2013 911 / 2013 E92 M3
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
I live in Florida and my JLR will be parked outside for most of the day, although garaged at night. Whilst I'm not a big fan of the look of tyre covers, do you think that covering my spare would be prudent to avoid constant full-sun exposure in our ungodly hot Summers damaging my yummy RUBI tyres in some way? I've never owned a Jeep before, this will be my first, so the spare is either non-existent (fun flats) or under the vehicle so it's not something I thought about in the past.
Your wheels and tires---sorry---tyres, are constantly exposed to the elements as it is. They're made to get all down & dirty with rain, snow, sleet, dog poop, etc... Just like our mailpeople (well, some of them). Considering you keep up with routine maintenance, the spare will join the rotation with the other three, provided you have a competent dealer that knows it's a 5- (and not 4-) tyre rotation.

To me, the cover is just a) a design thing and, b) a pain in the ass to take on & off. If anything, the cover itself would be subject to fading from constant, harsh sunlight. I don't begrudge anyone with covers... to each, his/her own.

I had one and decided I can do with out it... in the closet it went.

In all, it's a personalization thing.

Pink Brit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"GAMORA" Mojito JLR 6-speed manual :)
Occupation
Personal Trainer
Your wheels and tires---sorry---tyres, are constantly exposed to the elements as it is. They're made to get all down & dirty with rain, snow, sleet, dog poop, etc... Just like our mailpeople (well, some of them). Considering you keep up with routine maintenance, the spare will join the rotation with the other three, provided you have a competent dealer that knows it's a 5- (and not 4-) tyre rotation.

To me, the cover is just a) a design thing and, b) a pain in the ass to take on & off. If anything, the cover itself would be subject to fading from constant, harsh sunlight. I don't begrudge anyone with covers... to each, his/her own.

I had one and decided I can do with out it... in the closet it went.

In all, it's a personalization thing.
Thanks, that's pretty much what I thought, appreciate the response.

I hadn't considered getting one at all and then saw that a lot of Jeeps here have them and wondered if there was another reason relating to our crazy hot humid climate instead of just decoration. I read up and saw that a few people are using them to hide a stock spare when they upgraded 4 wheels and not 5. I'm guessing that might be the case with a bunch of Jeeps I've been seeing. I prefer seeing the wheel and "tyre" (English girl, can't help it!) on the back, and will definitely be rotating all 5 with routine maintenance.

Markham

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara High Altitude
I like it. I have the Jeep one with the dealer logo. I need to remove the dealer logo somehow.

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 3.6 JLR / 2013 911 / 2013 E92 M3
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks, that's pretty much what I thought, appreciate the response.

I hadn't considered getting one at all and then saw that a lot of Jeeps here have them and wondered if there was another reason relating to our crazy hot humid climate instead of just decoration. I read up and saw that a few people are using them to hide a stock spare when they upgraded 4 wheels and not 5. I'm guessing that might be the case with a bunch of Jeeps I've been seeing. I prefer seeing the wheel and "tyre" (English girl, can't help it!) on the back, and will definitely be rotating all 5 with routine maintenance.
I kinda like the look of the uncovered wheel. As we say here in The States... you go girl...

Sponsored

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
I like it. I have the Jeep one with the dealer logo. I need to remove the dealer logo somehow.
Is that the one that actually has the aperture for the rear camera? My dealer just put a JK cover when I got it... I had to get a new one to accommodate for the camera.

img_0985-002-jpg.jpg

vs

img_0991-002-jpg.jpg

Markham

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Is that the one that actually has the aperture for the rear camera? My dealer just put a JK cover when I got it... I had to get a new one to accomodate for the camera.
It does have the camera cutout. It seems like a nice cover, except for that dealer logo...

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
It does have the camera cutout. It seems like a nice cover, except for that dealer logo...
cool. glad the dealers have started updating... After I got mine they started just cutting holes in the center :facepalm:

Markham

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
P.S. I really like that brush guard you have on the your Jeep.

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase