Sponsored

Jeeps done it again re: $500 voucher

Muddog17

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Only the JL 2 door Sport S - what more do I need!
Occupation
Self emplyed
Vehicle Showcase
Hello all,

Last week i reported that when buying a JL that Jeep was throwing in a $500 Mopar accessory voucher. Well ...... my dealer has just sent me an email confirming that the voucher is only for current JLs in stock.

WTF! So a very limited deal then.

I also thought they were not selling these vehicles as they needed them for test drives.

Jeep is really starting to piss me off - I wish some other manufacturer would sell a similar item. I am nearly ready to buy a Suzuki Jimny. This lovely little thing is under $25,000. It has Automatic braking, comes in a manual, LED headlights, Sat Nav and the usual lane assist and other safety.

So close to buying it. I am a single guy so do not need a lot of space. But no Soft top - fail.
Sponsored

ECHO

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2-Door JL Rubicon - Black
Occupation
Retired Air Force - Currently in my Dream Job
Suzuki Jimmy and Wrangler are like comparing apples and oranges.. Don't take this the wrong way.. but; if a Accessory voucher is making you rethink your choice.. You might be better off with the Jimmy.. It will be cheaper in the long run

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
That's very common for all manufacturers. Wrangler dealers have a big inventory of JLs and there are incentives to move them. Chevy just sent me a Camaro incentive if I buy it within 10 days.

OP
OP
Muddog17

Muddog17

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Self emplyed
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks Kezza, time for a phone call!

Echo, not re thinking purchase just pissed off with what Aussies are getting compared to you. Not that hard for dealerships to give us Aussies a go. Just showing.

Sponsored

Steve0

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S3
Jeep is really starting to piss me off - I wish some other manufacturer would sell a similar item. I am nearly ready to buy a Suzuki Jimny. This lovely little thing is under $25,000. It has Automatic braking, comes in a manual, LED headlights, Sat Nav and the usual lane assist and other safety.
Feel your pain Muddog17. I'm actually considering test driving a Jimny, more for curiosity sake though as their narrow wheel track / base and tiny 27" tyres limit it's appeal on steep off camber tracks. They're pretty limited as far as after market gear goes too. That's why I like the Rubicon. The Jimny's sure are cool though, and at $25k they's almost 1/3 the price of a fully loaded Rubi. If you want one, buy one I reckon and don't look back.

OP
OP
Muddog17

Muddog17

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Self emplyed
Vehicle Showcase
No Wranglers all the way. Just got a bit pissed off with the Jeep merry ground. Dealer came through with the Mopar voucher. Thanks a lot for that Kezza

I started with a Suzuki Sierra way back in 1985. Cool little proper 4wds. Never really got bogged. Too light! just make sure your the driver so you don't have to get out and push.

Kezza

First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Y62
No Wranglers all the way. Just got a bit pissed off with the Jeep merry ground. Dealer came through with the Mopar voucher. Thanks a lot for that Kezza

I started with a Suzuki Sierra way back in 1985. Cool little proper 4wds. Never really got bogged. Too light! just make sure your the driver so you don't have to get out and push.
Hey No Wuckers, i hate it when salepeople appear to just make stuff up.
I have decided that i would like a Rubicon but i am really can't get to the asking prices. i mean with the 'options' i am currently looking at like $74k on road. this thing is Exxxy, sure its Wrangler, and nothing else looks like it BUT it small and vehicles that i know i can get for less are a Y62 patrol on the road $68k, a new my19 Top line Triton on the Road $52k, a Pajero exceed on the road $63k.. granted i own a y62 now, and the others are TD and i don't want a 4pot TD ever again. But ya know- the Rubicon is still sight unseen, so i am a bit gun shy to pull the trigger without seeing and touching a Rubicon. i can wait, my Y62 still loves me and has 2.5yr of extended warranty left.. but ya know $8-10k off a JL ( yes i dreaming) and that might change . lol
i will remain the jealous bystander and keep myself up to date. :D

Alamein.sajib

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Firecracker RED JLUR
So have gone through my pre-order yesterday for the Rubicon, and as usual the dealer did not bother telling me about the $500 voucher!!

I never got the email from Jeep though, do you think I will still be eligible?

I did ended up getting about $2K discount on my order, but won’t be delivered until July :(

It seams if you are adding any customer only option then the order is being pushed through to July, otherwise you can have stock Rubicon In April.

Kezza

First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Y62
So have gone through my pre-order yesterday for the Rubicon, and as usual the dealer did not bother telling me about the $500 voucher!!

I never got the email from Jeep though, do you think I will still be eligible?

I did ended up getting about $2K discount on my order, but won’t be delivered until July :(

It seams if you are adding any customer only option then the order is being pushed through to July, otherwise you can have stock Rubicon In April.
Its a factory incentive, so yeah,
Out of interest what size deposit is needed?

Sponsored

Steve0

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S3
Here's a quote I got last Friday after my second test drive. White Rubicon + Lux pack + Electrical group.
Got a $406 discount up front. The $500 incentive was to be thrown in on top, that is basically choose Mopar options to $500.
Quote's from Queensland.
Vehicle price $63,950.00 before extras, on roads & tax. I really want to test drive a Rubi before I commit, they won't have one till April - maybe? I may be wrong, but it's pretty rare to have discounts & incentives to purchase a NEW release? The two times I test drove the JL, I was the only one in the dealer's yard? Is demand for the JL not quite what Jeep Australia anticipated? Is the Rubicon overpriced? If I hold off 6 months will there be better deals, or a better Rubicon? (like 33's, hi fenders, steel rear bar, colour coded roof). Or am I dreaming?

Attachments

Alamein.sajib

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Firecracker RED JLUR
Its a factory incentive, so yeah,
Out of interest what size deposit is needed?
As i opted for customer only order item, i had to deposit $2K upfront.

I will get in touch with the dealer today to see what they have to say about the $500 Accessories Credit.

OP
OP
Muddog17

Muddog17

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Self emplyed
Vehicle Showcase
Hello Alamein, I only had to do $500. deposit. The total cost of the JL was $52652. This was from a dealer at Kirrawee in Sydney. The voucher is for vehicles ordered prior to 31st March and delivered after April - go ring your dealer!

Kezza, You want to wait - your choice. It might turn out to be a great idea. If your Y62 is still under warranty then no rush.

SteveO, I heard from a dealer in Churolla, that each dealer gets to order around 20 JLs. They were already up to about 14. The dealer at Kirrawee said he has orders fro about 10 or so.

It is hard to wait - I couldn't. I got rid of my TJ back in mid 2013, so it has been a long wait for me. I was just about 2 buy a JK when I heard about the JL and thought what's another year (or 2).

I have brought a basic Sport S in Hellayella. I would like a Ruby but price wise and for me size placed me out of the picture. I only want a 2 door. So I am waiting to see what will happen in a few years, maybe after the Gladiator has come out the FCA will pay attention to the JL again.

Interesting news is that the gov't is pushing for all new vehicles from 2021 (?) to have AEB ( Auto emergency braking). So where does this leave FCA? Do they add it to their base model or as I suspect take away their base model and leave only the Overland and the Rubicon.

If they leave the Sport S and add AEB will they add the other safety features that are tied to this option? Why then have a Overland.

Joe98

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019, 2 door Sport S, Mojito!
Muddog17, are you getting soft top or hard top?

Joe98

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019, 2 door Sport S, Mojito!
And, what is the expected delivery date?
Sponsored