Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Sport S
Occupation
Retird
Go
We've seen Jim's install and Im excited to share my progress as well. Kit is in hand and install due Monday, more to follow.

od man. I was hoping you would start your own thread. Will be following your progress. As I stated in my thread we would like to hear about the rest of your build before you get started on the turbo. Good luck!

Sponsored

AZDustMuncher

First Name
L.C.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4dr Rubicon, 2005 Turbo Silverado, 2004 Grand Cherokee Overland
I don't know how much difference it would make but I'm kinda surprised that neither you or Jim put any kind of heat wrap or ceramic coating on the hot pipes to try to reduce under hood temps

OP
OP

FlyByU

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL
I don't know how much difference it would make but I'm kinda surprised that neither you or Jim put any kind of heat wrap or ceramic coating on the hot pipes to try to reduce under hood temps
It's a kit so of course we will each put our own personal touches on it over time. My heat shield for the turbo is on back order so we will see what kind if heat we are dealing with after that its put in place.

Sponsored

AZDustMuncher

First Name
L.C.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4dr Rubicon, 2005 Turbo Silverado, 2004 Grand Cherokee Overland
It's a kit so of course we will each put our own personal touches on it over time. My heat shield for the turbo is on back order so we will see what kind if heat we are dealing with after that its put in place.
If you have a heavy right foot it's gonna get hot in there.

OP
OP

FlyByU

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL
I'm sure I'll wrap the hot side, we will see. I went by and looked over the jeep today in person for the first time. Really clean kit, install was perfect. The intercooler is super tight to the front fascia, touches it down low. They have to remove the honey comb inserts for clearance. It looks good but I'll probably do a mesh or something to clean it a little.

PCM is due back tomorrow, had some bad luck with mail and holiday and delivery times etc.... soon lol.

wrangster

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sold the JLUS, New Ford Ranger 4X4 Lariat
Occupation
Retired and happy!
Vehicle Showcase
Do you plan to dyno the power output?
Sponsored