Aftermarket JL Lift Kit suspension options master list

BLLFRG

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 FX4
There is a lot of similarities but some substantial differences too.

The triple rate springs in our kit provide a great ride quality and a very long free length which helps with a long travel shock.

The TT Shocks on our 2.5" have 11.8" of travel in the front and 13.7" of travel in the rear.

The front track bar is included in the Stock Mod for axle centering and the rear track bar bracket provides centering and roll center correction for the rear.

The Stock Mod does not have front lower control arms to provide caster correction, although a lot of people replace the front lowers in the kit you're comparing it to anyway. We make all of our parts available so even if you want something not listed as a solo part on the website, we can make that happen for you.
The hardest part is understanding what I need vs what I want with what is available. I love how your kit description makes it clear that each kit can be upgraded to the next. Just trying to decide where I honestly need to start. I have time however, since my deployment is still early into it and I wont be getting a Jeep until I get home anyway.
Sponsored

Rock Krawler Suspension

First Name
Tech Support
Threads
Reaction score
Website
rockkrawler.com
Vehicle(s)
Red JLUR, White JLUR, Yellow JL (3 so far), Bikini Diesel JLU, Billet JT, Hydro Blue JT
The hardest part is understanding what I need vs what I want with what is available. I love how your kit description makes it clear that each kit can be upgraded to the next. Just trying to decide where I honestly need to start. I have time however, since my deployment is still early into it and I wont be getting a Jeep until I get home anyway.
Take your time, read reviews, watch youtube videos. The things to look for are ride quality and caster correction, that is what is truely essential to making the jeep perform correctly on the the street. Thanks for your service, I did 13 months "over there" in 2008-2009.

BLLFRG

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 FX4
Take your time, read reviews, watch youtube videos. The things to look for are ride quality and caster correction, that is what is truely essential to making the jeep perform correctly on the the street. Thanks for your service, I did 13 months "over there" in 2008-2009.
So far looking at everything, I keep saying "oh, this kit is only $XXX more and I get this or that".

One thing that hangs me up also is the shocks.... great reviews on many of the shocks out there, but a lot here go with Falcon or whatnot over the options you provide. So, harder to make a decision on those but going Falcon, or Fox 2.0 (being the lower cost option for a reference) can be more than your TT or RRD options.

Appreciate that. This is my 4th deployment, and probably my last one. My rate in the Navy isn't assigned to ships directly, so deployments can be few and far between. Thank you for your service. Doesn't;t matter if it's 2 years or 20, honorable service is a respectable thing.

Magnum G.I.

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep SRT, 2019 JLU rubicon white
Occupation
physician
Just released by maximus-3 the pricing for their lift kit figured I would copy their post here. I have the 4.5" lift ,but went with fox performance 2.0 shocks instead.

Maximus-3 is proud to announce pricing for our JL Geo-Lift System & High Steer Kit.
The Geo-Lift is a complete suspension system with optimal geometry, PLUS steering upgrades. We will offer the parts as a complete kit, as well as "A La Carte"

Maximus-3 JL Geo-Lift System & High Steer Kit (complete kit with Falcon 2.1 shocks and 3.5" coils)
Retail Price $2399.99 - Special launch price of $2199.99
*** This limited time offer INCLUDES:
(1) Track Bar Relocation Bracket
(1) High Mount Steering Stabilizer Bracket
(2) Front C.A. Geometry-Drop Brackets
(4) Brake Line Drop Brackets
(2) Front Bump Stops
(2) Rear Bump Stops
(1) Rear Track Bar Relocation Bracket
(2) Rear Sway-Bar End Links
(4) Falcon 2.1 JL monotube Shocks
(4) Triple Rate Coil Springs (3.5" Lift)
(1) Yeti XD Drag Link (top-mount) by SteerSMARTS

We also offer an upgrade to Falcon 3.1 Shocks.
The Maximus-3 Geo-Lift & High Steer Kit (complete kit with Falcon 3.1 shocks and 3.5" coils)
Retail Price $2899.99. Special launch price of $2699.99
*** This limited time offer includes:
(2) Front Bump Stops
(2) Rear Bump Stops
(4) Falcon 3.1 JL Resi Shocks
(4) Triple Rate Coil Springs (3.5" Lift)
(1) Yeti XD Drag Link (top-mount) by SteerSMARTS

Lastly, we are selling a basic kit WITHOUT Springs and Shocks. This is a great custom option for those who want to choose specific Springs/Shocks. Also great for people who already have Springs/Shocks but want to upgrade to perfect geometry and superior ride qualities.
The Maximus-3 Geo-Lift Kit & High Steer Kit (WITHOUT Springs and Shocks)
Retail Price #1349.99 - Special Launch Price of $1249.99
*** This limited time offer includes:
(2) Front Bump Stops
(2) Rear Bump Stops
(1) Yeti XD Drag Link (top-mount) by Steer Smarts

JL suspension at it's best - the Maximus-3 Geo Lift!
Now taking pre-orders.

20190201_173640 (002).jpg

JL_no-drill_Top_mount_mainF_1bdfc1bc-28a5-4ec6-9447-33e5e28aa8c8_1024x1024.jpg

686B8DE2-F646-4D47-8853-065E1D206298.jpg

L2C

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 rubicon
Hey guys. I’m new here. About to pick up a 2019 rubicon in a few days. Looking at lift but I’m confused as heck. Lol. My buddy wants me to go with the evo 2.5 enforcer overlander. What is everyone thoughts on that kit? Not planning to rock crawl. Thanks for the help guys

Sponsored

Rock Krawler Suspension

First Name
Tech Support
Threads
Reaction score
Website
rockkrawler.com
Vehicle(s)
Red JLUR, White JLUR, Yellow JL (3 so far), Bikini Diesel JLU, Billet JT, Hydro Blue JT
Hey guys. I’m new here. About to pick up a 2019 rubicon in a few days. Looking at lift but I’m confused as heck. Lol. My buddy wants me to go with the evo 2.5 enforcer overlander. What is everyone thoughts on that kit? Not planning to rock crawl. Thanks for the help guys
Congrats on your new JL

You're in the right place, do your homework and read reviews. If you ask 100 people you'll probably get 50-75 different recommendations.

The most simple answer is to look for who is making the best suspension for what you want to do. If you spend 90% of your time on road, make sure you're buying suspension with a high quality on road ride. Feel free to contact manufacturers and ask questions. our number is 518-270-9822 if you want to give us a shout and look at options.

halffrozen

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited
When looking at Metal Cloaks ordering system for their JL Wrangler True Dual-Rate Lift Kit, 2.5"/3.5", RockSport Edition, they're saying they HIGHLY recommend a new driveshaft, is it really needed with their kit where it makes contact? Cause I have seen other manufacturers/users saying that a new driveshaft isn't really needed. Anyone able to clarify? I know it may likely rub/make contact with surrounding components in full blown articulation/flex, just wanting to see what others are experiencing with only a 2.5" lift. Any input would be great, thanks in advance!

Jabberwock

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Leader of IT Nerds
Vehicle Showcase
When looking at Metal Cloaks ordering system for their JL Wrangler True Dual-Rate Lift Kit, 2.5"/3.5", RockSport Edition, they're saying they HIGHLY recommend a new driveshaft, is it really needed with their kit where it makes contact? Cause I have seen other manufacturers/users saying that a new driveshaft isn't really needed. Anyone able to clarify? I know it may likely rub/make contact with surrounding components in full blown articulation/flex, just wanting to see what others are experiencing with only a 2.5" lift. Any input would be great, thanks in advance!
I was concerned with the same thing. In fact, this lead to me finally deciding on a 2.5" MC lift and 35's over the 3.5" & 37" tires. I don't know if there is enough real world experience yet to say. I'll be waiting a while to upgrade as I see how the 3.5" MC lifts wear on the JL.

halffrozen

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited
I was concerned with the same thing. In fact, this lead to me finally deciding on a 2.5" MC lift and 35's over the 3.5" & 37" tires. I don't know if there is enough real world experience yet to say. I'll be waiting a while to upgrade as I see how the 3.5" MC lifts wear on the JL.
Exactly! haha

We have 37's on our JLUR, stock height, it's my wife's and she isn't into going HAM on the trails, but still wants to have some off-road fun. A possible saving grace for us is that we will be getting our American Adventure Lab LED fender chop soon and will gains tons of clearance, in the front that is. But I was looking at the MC 2.5 lift as well with our 37's, which I don't think will be a big deal, but I still kinda wanna get an Adams front Driveshaft.. haha

Jabberwock

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Leader of IT Nerds
Vehicle Showcase
Exactly! haha

We have 37's on our JLUR, stock height, it's my wife's and she isn't into going HAM on the trails, but still wants to have some off-road fun. A possible saving grace for us is that we will be getting our American Adventure Lab LED fender chop soon and will gains tons of clearance, in the front that is. But I was looking at the MC 2.5 lift as well with our 37's, which I don't think will be a big deal, but I still kinda wanna get an Adams front Driveshaft.. haha
Yeah, I'd bet that the 2.5" will be fine on the drive shaft & components unless you're hammering it on the trails. 3.5" lift not so sure...

Sponsored

anotheraznguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mojito JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
The issue is not lift height but amount of suspension droop you get with metalcloak. With their Rocksport shocks at fool droop your stock driveshaft boot will get torn up. If you use other shocks you might not have that issue as the rocksports have one of the longer extended lengths out there. It doesn't matter if you go 2.5 or 3.5". If you don't plan to ever fully flex your jeep or go off rock ledges then a driveshaft wouldn't be an issue.

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Sorry if this is a stupid question, but I don’t see many of y’all talking about the Evo Enforcer Pro Long Arm out of all of these kits? I had a 11 JK and a 15 JK, both of which had their lifts already installed when purchased. This JL is the first new vehicle I’ve ever owned so naturally wanted to find the best kit I could to equip her with. I felt like I finally narrowed it down to this but had a really knowledgeable JK owner tell me not to buy evo. That the design them but then send the designs to China to put together the parts? He said Rock Krawler or RPMFab. Seemed odd, especially with the cost of Evo that they’d be China made. And then i come here and it doesn’t seem to be a highly sought after system. Does anyone have any insight? Thanks guys!

EDIT: Evo Manufacturing responded to my email and confirmed their parts are manufactured and assembled in California. I have a feeling the friend I spoke with was more promoting the parts he's sponsored by rather than providing true information. Which is a bit dissapointing. Evo is looking better and better!! :D

Last edited:

Rock Krawler Suspension

First Name
Tech Support
Threads
Reaction score
Website
rockkrawler.com
Vehicle(s)
Sorry if this is a stupid question, but I don’t see many of y’all talking about the Evo Enforcer Pro Long Arm out of all of these kits? I had a 11 JK and a 15 JK, both of which had their lifts already installed when purchased. This JL is the first new vehicle I’ve ever owned so naturally wanted to find the best kit I could to equip her with. I felt like I finally narrowed it down to this but had a really knowledgeable JK owner tell me not to buy evo. That the design them but then send the designs to China to put together the parts? He said Rock Krawler or RPMFab. Seemed odd, especially with the cost of Evo that they’d be China made. And then i come here and it doesn’t seem to be a highly sought after system. Does anyone have any insight? Thanks guys!
I can't/won't speak for other brands on the location of their manufacturing, but our manufacturing facility is in upstate NY, we are American made.

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I can't/won't speak for other brands on the location of their manufacturing, but our manufacturing facility is in upstate NY, we are American made.
Awesome thank you! Y’all are definitely in the running, just have had my eye on this Evo kit for a long while and don’t see that y’all have a “pro” setup. If for some reason these options become too costly or too many headaches, you’ll be the first I look at.

Rock Krawler Suspension

First Name
Tech Support
Threads
Reaction score
Website
rockkrawler.com
Vehicle(s)
Awesome thank you! Y’all are definitely in the running, just have had my eye on this Evo kit for a long while and don’t see that y’all have a “pro” setup. If for some reason these options become too costly or too many headaches, you’ll be the first I look at.
Sounds good, long arms will be fully released in the next few days.
Sponsored