voland

First Name
V
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS M6
Vehicle Showcase
I'd like to report a software bug that should be easily fixable. On cars with manual transmission only there's no way to set the default for turning on seat and steering wheel warmers. Any time the outside temperature is under 40 degrees, the warmers are on automatically. This is very annoying. Every time the car is started, users have to go through several unnecessary steps of adjusting or turning off the warmers.

Users should be able to either set the default to turn the warmers on or off, as well as set the temperature threshold at which warmers come on,

The bug is likely caused by the fact that remote start is not available for cars with manual transmission. On cars with automatic transmission, the option to turn off warmers is located under the same menu section where remote start lives. Looks like software developers hid the entire menu section that includes remote start and other options, thus removing the option to control heated seats.

Fiat/Chrysler people, if you monitor forums, please note this bug and include the fix in the next software update. Thank you!
Sponsored

ShadyB

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It's a small import that is my daily driver
I'd like to report a software bug that should be easily fixable. On cars with manual transmission only there's no way to set the default for turning on seat and steering wheel warmers. Any time the outside temperature is under 40 degrees, the warmers are on automatically. This is very annoying. Every time the car is started, users have to go through several unnecessary steps of adjusting or turning off the warmers.

Users should be able to either set the default to turn the warmers on or off, as well as set the temperature threshold at which warmers come on,

The bug is likely caused by the fact that remote start is not available for cars with manual transmission. On cars with automatic transmission, the option to turn off warmers is located under the same menu section where remote start lives. Looks like software developers hid the entire menu section that includes remote start and other options, thus removing the option to control heated seats.

Fiat/Chrysler people, if you monitor forums, please note this bug and include the fix in the next software update. Thank you!
What is it?... @JeepCares I think. I agree with voland

OP
OP
voland

voland

First Name
V
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS M6
Vehicle Showcase
I had a chat session with Chrysler customer service today. I asked her to file the issue and report it through appropriate channels. The lady told me that they don't have access to forums. I did not argue, but I certainly hope that some product or marketing people from Chrysler must be monitoring forums. As a product person myself, real user conversations is the most valuable channel for getting product feedback.

I know that others reported the same issue. The delivery person at the dealer also agreed that this must be a bug, even though initially it was described as a "feature".

All it takes is just imagine a few scenarios. Every time I start the car I have to do 5 extra actions:
- Press seat heater button 4 times
- Press steering wheel button 1 once
- Disable start/stop (well, not related to the issue above, but I strongly believe users should be given a choice)

This gets annoying really quick. Chrysler, please fix it. Should be a relatively simple UI fix since the option is already there for automatic transmission cars.

Sorbs

First Name
Brian & Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' Ram TRX, 20' Gladiator LE
Awe, another cry baby post...there, there snowflake. Itā€™ll be all better when it gets warmer outside. . .

upload_2019-2-18_21-40-11.png

OP
OP
voland

voland

First Name
V
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS M6
Vehicle Showcase
Nice. Cry baby, eh?

Yes, this is not a big deal, but given that the feature has already been implemented, why not ask for a simple bug fix that eliminates 5 unnecessary actions on every engine restart?

Sponsored

Sorbs

First Name
Brian & Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' Ram TRX, 20' Gladiator LE
Responses like yours are why FCA doesn't fix quality issues; they know Jeep buyers will forgive anything.
Why is this stupid thread a quality issue?

Btw, an FJ Cruiser is a poserā€™s Jeep.

COBill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
Why is this stupid thread a quality issue?

Btw, an FJ Cruiser is a poserā€™s Jeep.
Iā€™ve done as many trails as most Wranglers and as a bonus have only seen my dealer for maintenance.

Perhaps itā€™s not 100% hard core but it is reliable.

I owned a TJ and still have the monthly dealer service invoices to prove it.

Itā€™s an issue because itā€™s a concern of owners that youā€™re dismissing as whining.

Other auto companies value that as ā€œcustomer feedbackā€; Jeep too often has the attitude of ā€œHeck, we are selling lots, who cares?ā€

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
I think we can all just agree to ignore that guy, no need to get off topic. This is a fairly simple bug to fix, they just need to enable the one portion of the uconnect options menu that is disabled on manual transmission equipped JLā€™s. As to what the proper channel is? Who knows.

COBill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
I think we can all just agree to ignore that guy, no need to get off topic. This is a fairly simple bug to fix, they just need to enable the one portion of the uconnect options menu that is disabled on manual transmission equipped JLā€™s. As to what the proper channel is? Who knows.
It should be an easy software fix; hopefully they step up.

Sponsored

ECHO

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2-Door JL Rubicon - Black
Occupation
Retired Air Force - Currently in my Dream Job
I find that the drivers heated seat and steering wheel heat coming on at any temp below 40 deg is a cool .. keeps me from having to do it .

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
I find that the drivers heated seat and steering wheel heat coming on at any temp below 40 deg is a cool .. keeps me from having to do it .
Yea, but when it has been 20F below 0 for weeks, and the weather warms up to 39F, those seat warmers are wayyy too hot. The issue that is that this feature is able to be enabled and disabled at will on automatic transmission Jeeps, and manual transmissions don't have the option.

Banjo1362

First Name
Linda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR 6sp, 2014 MDX, 2011 JK 6sp(traded)
I had a chat session with Chrysler customer service today. I asked her to file the issue and report it through appropriate channels. The lady told me that they don't have access to forums. I did not argue, but I certainly hope that some product or marketing people from Chrysler must be monitoring forums. As a product person myself, real user conversations is the most valuable channel for getting product feedback.

I know that others reported the same issue. The delivery person at the dealer also agreed that this must be a bug, even though initially it was described as a "feature".

All it takes is just imagine a few scenarios. Every time I start the car I have to do 5 extra actions:
- Press seat heater button 4 times
- Press steering wheel button 1 once
- Disable start/stop (well, not related to the issue above, but I strongly believe users should be given a choice)

This gets annoying really quick. Chrysler, please fix it. Should be a relatively simple UI fix since the option is already there for automatic transmission cars.
Agree, this needs a fix. If it is too much heat in Massachusetts in February, it is too much. @JeepCares please fix this for manual transmissions.

tesla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 3.6 Ocean Blue
Yea, but when it has been 20F below 0 for weeks, and the weather warms up to 39F, those seat warmers are wayyy too hot. The issue that is that this feature is able to be enabled and disabled at will on automatic transmission Jeeps, and manual transmissions don't have the option.
Not to mention, there's often a delay before the temperature updates. So if it was 30 when you parked it, and 60 when you start it back up, sometimes it'll kick the heaters on too.

MandKM

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜73 CJ5, ā€˜19 2-door JL Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

I didnā€™t know this was specific to manual transmission jeeps, but I agree with @voland that this shouldnā€™t be. It is very annoying, especially since the seat heater turns on full blast. Very uncomfortable by the time I realize it is on. Hopefully @JeepCares can provide some insight?
Sponsored