Test Drive Wrangler JL in Australia

Beechwood911

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler FireCracker Red
Just did a little pricing test as per above info in regards to post codes and drive away pricing. All NSW All Overlander prices.
2444 Port Macquarie $68,960
2170 Liverpool $66,517
2031 Artarmon $69,662
2150 Parramatta $66,517

All of the above is straight off the Jeep website, looks like I may have to drive to Sydney to purchase mine, or the local dealer will have to play ball.

I'd like a Rubicon but I would like it all colour coded, maybe Overlander with Rubicon wheels.
Sponsored

Beechwood911

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Has anyone got to test drive a vehicle yet. Our local dealer has had a vehicle for a week and its still not ready for test driving.

I am starting to think Jeep has really not thought this whole Australian launch thing through very well.

Over priced, under stocked, under thought through, ill informed sale people. Other vehicles are starting to look very good.

Muddog17

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Only the JL 2 door Sport S - what more do I need!
Occupation
Self emplyed
Vehicle Showcase
Hello Beechwood911,

I have test driven an overlander at my local dealer in Chullora. I have also checked one out at Kirrawee, where I ended up placing a $500 deposit down for delivery of a 2 door Hellayella Sport S in May (cheaper).

Awesome jeep, no wandering and nice interior. The 2 main issues I have; which have been reported before are no foot placement for your left foot and the handbrake is still on the left side. You have to reach across the centre console to pull it up.

The dealer should have it ready by now. Go hassle them.

Joe98

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019, 2 door Sport S, Mojito!
where I ended up placing a $500 deposit down for delivery of a 2 door Hellayella Sport S in May (cheaper).
Did the dealer promise delivery in May?. I spoke to a dealer today who said we can begin placing orders for the 2 door in May and then it will take 2 to 3 months for delivery.

Muddog17

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Self emplyed
Vehicle Showcase
Hello Joe98, yes the dealer said they will be here in May. We will just wait and see. We all know the dealers have no idea as FCA does not really communicate effectively. Most dealers up to the last 2 weeks thought they would get a diesel Ruby and a petrol Overlander.

So here is hoping but not believing until seeing!

Sponsored

Muddog17

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Self emplyed
Vehicle Showcase
Hello Joe98,

Further to our delivery date. I just spoke to Pablo (from Tynan motors in Kirrawee) and he informed me he is sending in his quotes to the stock controller who will be placing them across to America. He said the delivery date should be April to MAy.

Joe98

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019, 2 door Sport S, Mojito!
Thank you. I have met Pablo. I am a Cronulla Sutherland boy ;)

Beechwood911

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hi All, Well they finally got the JL Overlander ready for a drive and I was the first one to take it out on the road.
The steering issue they talk about was defiantly there, you had to constantly put input in to keep the thing in a straight line. Out on the Hwy it was very noticeable, I think if you had lane departure warning bells they would be going off every 30 sec.
The deal breaker was the wind noise, I think there was something wrong with this vehicle, it was like you had two windows partly down when you can get that thump thump type chatter in the cab. You could even feel it in your ears, sorry but if this is how they are I will not be purchasing a JL.

Dose make me want to look for a new JK bargain the a dealer is trying to move on.

Muddog17

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Self emplyed
Vehicle Showcase
Hello Beechwood911,

Do you have aonther Overlander you can drive or another dealership in the area?

I drove the JL only up to about 80ks but I did not notice any wandering.

Beechwood911

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes, I drove up to Coffs Harbour yesterday and to one up there had no wandering.

The thing is it still have the air pressure thumping that you could feel on your ears, or I could and so could my wife. Not happy because I could not live with that, we both had headaches after both test drives.

Other than that the JL is such an improvement over the JK.

Sponsored

AJ CJ5

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 CJ5, 2020 JLUR, Harley Road Glide ST & FXFBS
Occupation
Explosives.
Yes, I drove up to Coffs Harbour yesterday and to one up there had no wandering.

The thing is it still have the air pressure thumping that you could feel on your ears, or I could and so could my wife. Not happy because I could not live with that, we both had headaches after both test drives.

Other than that the JL is such an improvement over the JK.
I know the pressure thing your describing. When my son puts the window down a bit in the back and all other windows are up it comes in hard. I quickly crack my window the equalise the pressure in the cab.
Silly question but all your windows were fully up yeah?? Of all the reading and research I have done to date on the JL this is the first time I'm hearing of this issue.

I went down to Central Coast Jeep last night for a bit of an unveiling party with the Cherokee Club. Good info from the staff, a great presentation and put people straight into test drives. Ill be considering them when time to purchase comes.
Not placing an order just yet though. Waiting to see the rubicon..

Beechwood911

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yep I was checking all windows, even opened them and then closed them all.

I wish I could pin it down to something. Now our guys up here could do with taking a note from the team down there.

The sale manager up here did understand what I was talking about after taking the car out on the Hwy up to 110 Kph.

Maybe one with a power top would be different, may just sit and wait until there is more stock available, find one with a power top to take for a drive.

OP
OP
rogisilva

rogisilva

First Name
Igor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.Rotadyne.com.au
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR OB
Occupation
Design Development Manager
Got to test drive for 10 minutes a week ago at the Penrith dealer launch, and then again at Chullora. At Chullora I drove for almost an hour and hit highway speeds.. wind noise was slightly better than my JK, it was more noticeable but my friend (who is always with me in the jk and was there with me in JL) pointed out that it's noticeable because it's not being drowned out by jk diesel engine sound :CWL:...

No issues whatsoever with steering. It was super responsive and tight. I am completely in love with the vehicle.

I already have an order for an ocean blue, petrol Rubicon, put it in before the 15th Feb cut off. But the dealer said the rubicons might miss the first shipment!! Which means a month or two delay!!:(:angry:....
Here's hoping he is wrong.. has anyone else heard that about the Rubis?

JJMatar

First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Bright White 2020 JLUR
Hi everyone!
I already posted this on anther forum but thought I’d repost it again here in case it could help anyone re pricing.

The Rubicons coming in do have black roofs - they’re not color coded.
They also come with standard fenders (not the 2” raised ones the Rubi’s get in the US)
And from the Jeep Australia website, it also appears that the vents on the hood are not the same as in US either (ours are watered down and wimpy)

I have put down a fully refundable deposit on a Black Unlimited Petrol Rubicon.

We’re getting the leather package, a tow kit installed with electric brakes, they’re also painting all the alloys matte black and filling her up with a tank full of petrol. (Plus $500 Mopar accessories)
Drive away price is $71,250 (NSW)

I have been matched with a vehicle on its way over and delivery is expected for (hopefully) late April.

Good luck everyone!
Sponsored