Sponsored

Why Can't the Rail Yard jump a dead battery?

rubicon20032003

First Name
Joe wrong
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jl
Something doesn’t sound right in whole deal.Dealers regional customer service rep could do something to get it.And why would you pay for a ordered jeep that you don’t have.And title won’t go to any lender intell dealer transfers it
Sponsored

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I completely missed the part where it is already paid for. That is really awful. I don't know if your state has any Lemon Laws that may apply about the car not being repaired in 30 days.
That's not how lemon laws work.

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
First there is no way you should have signed your money away without it being delivered and inspected. Water under the bridge. FCA has little power since the railroad and transportation company are responsible. My dealer said they had a Jeep sit at the rail drop for 45 days before they finally got a letter from FCA and the transport company saying they could pick it up and trailer it back to their dealership.
Email [email protected] and briefly describe problem to him and maybe their executive office have some pull to get it released/delivered. I emailed him when mine was in permanent D status. Within 1 day it was built and loaded on a rail car with a "hot vehicle" transport order.

rockadile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLUR
It is straight up ridiculous that this has not been resolved yet. You have way more patience than me. I'd be screaming at this point.

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
If your battery has been sitting empty for over a month, it's gone. Jumping it won't help.
They need to put in a (actually two) new battery(s).

Sponsored

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
I've ordered a few vehicles. Never had title transfer or lender involvement until I took delivery. At this point, you are the registered owner, your lender is the title holder, and have never taken possession? :facepalm: You might call the CA BBB and ask about the consumer protection law on this situation. Sounds like something improper was done on the deal. If you're at the point of walking on the deal, contact your lender. They should be able to sort out the issues. But first you need to read any documents you signed.

Last edited:
OP
OP
MojitoRubi

MojitoRubi

First Name
Wayne Kuykendal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara, 1947 CJ2A Willy's, 2019 JLUR(On Order)
Hate to pile on but why sign a lease for a vehicle prior to delivery? Jeeps can be ordered with little or no deposit. My dealer didn't even ask how I was planning to pay. I don't understand.
I didn’t lease it, I bought it. The dealer is a customer of mine and I did it to help his year end numbers. It was supposed to be delivered Jan 10th. And instead come in much later. Otherwise, I would have waited.

Jebiruph

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2019 KL, 2020 JT
I didn’t lease it, I bought it. The dealer is a customer of mine and I did it to help his year end numbers. It was supposed to be delivered Jan 10th. And instead come in much later. Otherwise, I would have waited.
That explains how you got the title and no jeep. Don't you think the transport company is just trying to protect themselves by insisting on only dealing with the legal owner that they assume is FCA? If it is communicated to them that the credit union is the legal owner, don't you think they would release it to the credit union?

Jebiruph

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2019 KL, 2020 JT
That explains how you got the title and no jeep. Don't you think the transport company is just trying to protect themselves by insisting on only dealing with the legal owner that they assume is FCA? If it is communicated to them that the credit union is the legal owner, don't you think they would release it to the credit union?
It may even be that the legal ownership issue is what's causing the problem.

Killed by Death

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sarge Green 2021 Rubicon 2 Door
Thats a bummer!!! Sounds like you are screwed.

Sponsored

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
A little off topic, but still about Mira Loma yard. I had put a deposit on a truck the dealer had ordered for stock, but had already started advertising before they received it. My friend asked for the VIN. He worked as a car hauler and was in and out of Mira Loma yard every day. He had some help locating it when it came in and intercepted it, drove it 5 feet and crawled under it and marked the muffler with a felt pen with his name and date. Months later he showed me where he had marked it. Said he wanted to tell me he drove it before me. He's a friend of over 40 years. Funny as hell.