Shaved Ice

Shaved Ice

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Look under fuse box power distribution box see ess crank battery and normal battery. Might have to consult one of my earlier posts, but if ess battery goes low all kinds of symptoms show up. Battery charge due to ess start relay nut stripped.

Seen verification of this on many threads, also press seat every fuse relay and check 10mm power dist terminals.
I charged both batteries for over a day till they came up both green charged
Thx
I truly appreciate your attempt at help. The fuzes and relays were checked the first go around. After 80+ days lost, corporate service techs trying to figure it out, replacement PCM and power steering control module, a corporate advisor who NEVER returned phone calls or emails, and still no fix...I am done. I don’t care what is wrong with it. No anger, just apathy. I ‘may’ consider another Jeep, but other options are definitely on the table.
Sponsored

Reactions: J0E

ps2baseball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR; 2012 Jeep GC Overland
So they fix my stop start light. Now not not does it never work (too cold maybe?) but the auto park stopped working.

OP
OP
Shaved Ice

Shaved Ice

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
My third party arbitration hearing was scheduled for the middle of March. I opted for a document only hearing as my service records should speak for themselves. Yesterday marked the day that my Jeep has been in the shop more nights than in my garage and I bought it at the end of August.

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
My third party arbitration hearing was scheduled for the middle of March. I opted for a document only hearing as my service records should speak for themselves. Yesterday marked the day that my Jeep has been in the shop more nights than in my garage and I bought it at the end of August.
:no: that sucks. I hope your arbitration works out for you.

949 JLU

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
Did you see any relief after reseating every fuse and relay box?
Including things that dont look like fuses.

I had to tighten the lugs from power dist box, some were loose and one had jumped out of its guide slot and was touching other lugs!

Screenshot_20181207-081646_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20181207-081641_Samsung Internet.jpg
I have a brand new wrangler that on my very first startup after bringing it home from the dealer was greeted with a 'service start/stop system'. Pretty annoying. I popped the fuse box and found a similar situation. I haven't attempted to fix it yet.

fusebox.jpg

Sponsored

Chinarider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JKU Sahara, 2018 JLU Rubicon,
I’m having intermittent issues with my auto stop/start system, too. It’s only happened a handful of times & there doesn’t seem to be any rhyme or reason to it. What I’m getting is a mechanical/electrical whine of sorts when the start function re-engages. I’ll hear that noise & the Jeep will fail to start. Dashboard electronics will continue to function & I get that system failure warning message. To restart, I need to push ignition button off and on again. After that it’ll start, but the warning lights stay on until I shut it down for a longer period of time. Anyone else run into this?

This is a 2018 JLUR, manual.

am1978

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara Bright White, 2018 JLU Sahara HellaYella
Occupation
‘Merica
I have a brand new wrangler that on my very first startup after bringing it home from the dealer was greeted with a 'service start/stop system'. Pretty annoying. I popped the fuse box and found a similar situation. I haven't attempted to fix it yet.

fusebox.jpg
How bad is it really if these are touching? Mine were and I fixed that. I have been getting the ESS and simultaneous ESC error. I’ll drive it tonight and see what happens.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@am1978

When I first purchased my JL about a year ago, I had the same terminal connectors, touching on that fuse array.

Also, I had many fuses and relays in the PDC that were not seated properly... they needed to be pushed down.

Anyway, adjust so they are not touching... press down on and seat all fuses and relays. I'm not saying this will remedy those evic messages but regardless you should doe as mentioned.

By the way, that fuse array costs about $59.

fuse array pic.png

fuse array.jpg

am1978

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara Bright White, 2018 JLU Sahara HellaYella
Occupation
‘Merica
@am1978

When I first purchased my JL about a year ago, I had the same terminal connectors, touching on that fuse array.

Also, I had many fuses and relays in the PDC that were not seated properly... they needed to be pushed down.

Anyway, adjust so they are not touching... press down on and seat all fuses and relays. I'm not saying this will remedy those evic messages but regardless you should doe as mentioned.

By the way, that fuse array costs about $59.

fuse array pic.png

fuse array.jpg
I pushed all fuses in at the dealership upon delivery. The issue showed up around 5k miles (3 months owned). I’ll see what making sure those contacts are not touching does.

Dealer suggested this below and wanted to keep it for a few days—they weren’t even sure it would resolve it.
A85D741A-13B9-4EEC-865B-DABA7CB76166.jpeg

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@am1978

What the dealer suggested.. the publication you posted has worked for other's here for something but I do not remember what. Hopefully, one of the guys that benefited from the fix in that publication will make a comment to you here.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Shaved Ice

Shaved Ice

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
FCA just called and offered to repurchase the Jeep. That is all I wanted at this point. All is well

NCIC105

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
I have pushed on all fuses and checked terminals...Mine does this when in 4X4 only...After about 4 or 5 mile sin 4X4 it will come on.

Mrmobbster

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLRU
DO go to the fuse box (power distribution center) next to the main battery and take the cap off. Now, press down firmly on every fuse in there. You will find fuses there that are not seated properly. Do not take it for granted the dealer tech has done this as undoubtedly he has not.

You may very well find that the issue you are having will be remedied by properly seating the fuses.

Thank you for posting this! Checked mine and my wife’s Jeep and every relay was barely making contact. Not sure if it solved my problem yet (ESS) but I am pretty sure it solved my wife’s intermittent issues with her radio.

multicam

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4Runner, 2019 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
You know what I did when my YJ’s PCM started causing my Jeep to lose power - to include steering and brakes - on the highway, in traffic, wherever? I eventually figured out that the PCM itself was physically loose and about to fall off the firewall. I tightened it up and had no more issues. Those old pre-OBD2 computers were so simple. Turn the ignition on-off-on-off-on and it would blink the error codes at you by flashing the check engine light. Good times.

Sorry to hear about your lemon. I hope that those of us who don’t have this issue in the first 10k miles don’t suddenly have it at 60, 80 or 100k miles.

When people say shit like “why are you against progress? Embrace the new features and technology” it makes me think of threads like these and the issues I’m going to run into on the trail in the middle of nowhere 12 years from now. So thanks for that, CAFE.

Mrmobbster

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLRU
Thank you for posting this! Checked mine and my wife’s Jeep and every relay was barely making contact. Not sure if it solved my problem yet (ESS) but I am pretty sure it solved my wife’s intermittent issues with her radio.

Didn’t fix the ESS issue unfortunately. I really don’t want to give up my Jeep for them to experiment with it.
Sponsored