Sponsored

Diode Dynamics Video: How to Install 2018 Jeep JL Wrangler Backup/Reverse Light LEDs

Diode Dynamics

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler
blue1_600x115.gif

Jeep JL Wrangler Backup LEDs

Here's a great way to upgrade your Jeep JL Wrangler's appearance and safety at night. Diode Dynamics LED replacements are a great addition to any tail light, and can be easily installed, plug-and-play with no resistors needed. Huge upgrade when used with JL Wrangler backup cameras!

Diode Dynamics offers the brightest, most reliable, highest-quality bulbs on the market. Your order will ship same day, and we're here if you need us for support and service. These LED bulbs were designed by our engineering team here in St. Louis, and every bulb carries with it a three-year limited warranty.

Brightness:

Diode Dynamics offers several brightness options so you can choose what fits your JL Wrangler's output needs best. These options are listed by the design and the lumen output of each bulb:

HP11: (310 lumens) Slightly higher brightness than OEM bulbs.
XP80: (510 lumens) Much brighter than OEM bulbs. These are bright!

Jeep Wrangler JL Diode Dynamics Video: How to Install 2018 Jeep JL Wrangler Backup/Reverse Light LEDs {filename}

Bulb Design:

HP11: Four side-firing 1.5W-rated Osram LED chips, and one 5W-rated LED chip on top, which is projected by a lens for maximum effective brightness. The bulb is housed in a machined aluminum casing, which provides superior heat diffusion for long life.

XP80: Each of the four sides of this bulb contains three 5W-rated chips, and the top is fitted with four more under a projector lens. This is the brightest self-contained automotive LED bulb on the market, and is housed in an aluminum casing with a textured finish for maximum heatsinking properties.

The bulbs use an exact terminal and will fit as a replacement for JL Wrangler's stock incandescent. Diode Dynamics LED bulbs use less power and heat than the stock bulbs, and will last longer than your JL Wrangler. Diode Dynamics' LEDs use only the best components and are of the highest quality. The bulbs are designed for exceptional heat dispersion, and a diode is implanted to protect the LED from reverse polarity or voltage surge. The LED is wired for 12V operation, the kind found on all vehicles.

Included in your order is TWO BULBS to fit your Jeep JL Wrangler. This product is for Jeep JL Wranglers not equipped with the LED Lighting Package.

Diode Dynamics' products come with a 30-day satisfaction guarantee and a 3-year limited warranty.

Diode Dynamics: Backup LEDs for 2018+ Jeep JL Wrangler

This product is for Jeep JL Wranglers not equipped with the LED Lighting Package.

Any questions, feel free to ask via email ([email protected]), Post, shoot us a PM! or call: (314) 205-3033

*PM us for the free-shipping code* (U.S. forum members only)

Thanks,
Nick C.
Diode Dynamics

Jeep Wrangler JL Diode Dynamics Video: How to Install 2018 Jeep JL Wrangler Backup/Reverse Light LEDs {filename}
Sponsored

Armycop

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Wrangler, 2010 Camaro SS, 2017 Passat R-Line
Nice! Are you guys developing headlights/taillights for the JL?

OP
OP
Diode Dynamics

Diode Dynamics

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler
Nice! Are you guys developing headlights/taillights for the JL?
We have quite a few things in the works. Keep an eye on our vendor section for new product threads & updates!

Thank you,
Nick C.

Sponsored

ShannonC

First Name
Shannon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I JLU

Jeep JL Wrangler Backup LEDs

Here's a great way to upgrade your Jeep JL Wrangler's appearance and safety at night. Diode Dynamics LED replacements are a great addition to any tail light, and can be easily installed, plug-and-play with no resistors needed. Huge upgrade when used with JL Wrangler backup cameras!

Diode Dynamics offers the brightest, most reliable, highest-quality bulbs on the market. Your order will ship same day, and we're here if you need us for support and service. These LED bulbs were designed by our engineering team here in St. Louis, and every bulb carries with it a three-year limited warranty.

Brightness:

Diode Dynamics offers several brightness options so you can choose what fits your JL Wrangler's output needs best. These options are listed by the design and the lumen output of each bulb:

HP11: (310 lumens) Slightly higher brightness than OEM bulbs.
XP80: (510 lumens) Much brighter than OEM bulbs. These are bright!

Bulb Design:

HP11: Four side-firing 1.5W-rated Osram LED chips, and one 5W-rated LED chip on top, which is projected by a lens for maximum effective brightness. The bulb is housed in a machined aluminum casing, which provides superior heat diffusion for long life.

XP80: Each of the four sides of this bulb contains three 5W-rated chips, and the top is fitted with four more under a projector lens. This is the brightest self-contained automotive LED bulb on the market, and is housed in an aluminum casing with a textured finish for maximum heatsinking properties.

The bulbs use an exact terminal and will fit as a replacement for JL Wrangler's stock incandescent. Diode Dynamics LED bulbs use less power and heat than the stock bulbs, and will last longer than your JL Wrangler. Diode Dynamics' LEDs use only the best components and are of the highest quality. The bulbs are designed for exceptional heat dispersion, and a diode is implanted to protect the LED from reverse polarity or voltage surge. The LED is wired for 12V operation, the kind found on all vehicles.

Included in your order is TWO BULBS to fit your Jeep JL Wrangler. This product is for Jeep JL Wranglers not equipped with the LED Lighting Package.

Diode Dynamics' products come with a 30-day satisfaction guarantee and a 3-year limited warranty.

Diode Dynamics: Backup LEDs for 2018+ Jeep JL Wrangler

This product is for Jeep JL Wranglers not equipped with the LED Lighting Package.

Any questions, feel free to ask via email ([email protected]), Post, shoot us a PM! or call: (314) 205-3033

*PM us for the free-shipping code* (U.S. forum members only)

Thanks,
Nick C.
Diode Dynamics

Do you make any lights that will fit in the red reflectors in the steel bumpers as additional back up lighting? I’m looking to adapt something. I have the full LED Lighting Package from the factory but the backup lights are too dim. You can barely see on the back up camera. One other question do you know what color are the factory LED back up lights?Thank.

OP
OP
Diode Dynamics

Diode Dynamics

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler
Do you make any lights that will fit in the red reflectors in the steel bumpers as additional back up lighting? I’m looking to adapt something. I have the full LED Lighting Package from the factory but the backup lights are too dim. You can barely see on the back up camera. One other question do you know what color are the factory LED back up lights?Thank.
We don't have a replacement for those reflectors at the moment. The factory LED reverse lights are most likely 5,500K in color.

Another option, would be to add a Stage Series Light bar as an additional backup light. Here's an example with our 12" Stage Series on a customer's Subaru XV:

Thank you!
Nick C.

mchinchi

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Sport
I added resistors to the front LEDs and everything worked fine. Once I put the new LEDs in the rear I was getting a “blinker light out” message. If you did add resistors to the rear brake light LEDs, which 2 wires did you do it to? The brake light is on the left. There is a:

Green wire
blue wire
purple wire

OP
OP
Diode Dynamics

Diode Dynamics

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler
I added resistors to the front LEDs and everything worked fine. Once I put the new LEDs in the rear I was getting a “blinker light out” message. If you did add resistors to the rear brake light LEDs, which 2 wires did you do it to? The brake light is on the left. There is a:

Green wire
blue wire
purple wire

We have another JL coming into our studio this week. I will make a note for our team to get the wire color information for the rear turn signals. The resistors should only be getting hot when the turn signal is in use, that's how you'll be able to determine it's creating electrical resistance on the correct circuit as well.

Thank you,
Nick C.

Bubba33

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 jeep wrangler Sahara JL
We have another JL coming into our studio this week. I will make a note for our team to get the wire color information for the rear turn signals. The resistors should only be getting hot when the turn signal is in use, that's how you'll be able to determine it's creating electrical resistance on the correct circuit as well.

Thank you,
Nick C.

Sponsored

Bubba33

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I am in the same situation, i was just in there Friday and got the front and rear and reverse. I'd like to see a video on the resistor install for the rest turn siginal. I will gladly bring in my JL 2018 Sahara that you could use to make a video of.

OP
OP
Diode Dynamics

Diode Dynamics

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler
Hello Chris,

Thank you for posting! I don't believe we've had a Sahara in the studio yet (though we've had just about everything else!)

If you don't mind, please send an email to: [email protected] and we will setup a time to bring you in for product photos.

I would be happy to give you a tour of our facilities here as well!

Nick C.

Bubba33

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hello Chris,

Thank you for posting! I don't believe we've had a Sahara in the studio yet (though we've had just about everything else!)

If you don't mind, please send an email to: [email protected] and we will setup a time to bring you in for product photos.

I would be happy to give you a tour of our facilities here as well!

Nick C.
I sent you a email. Thanks.

Bubba33

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Awesome! Looking forward to meeting you Chris!

Nick C.
Hey Nick after talking with you on the phone , i thought we would work something out. But your market manager wanting to have my brand new jeep for 2 to 3 days was not going to work. If you want to talk to me directly that's fine.
Sponsored