Sponsored

The Sunrider for Hardtop for the All New Jeep® Wrangler JL is here!

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
I ended up with the sunrider mainly due to a few factors

1) kids not used to open air. They complained when i had freedom panels off so we would always have to bring it in the jeep with us. With the sunrider it is easier to open and close. Especially if the weather gets cold for them
2) Wife wants the ease of the hardtop rear window. She didnt want to deal w/ the process of removing the soft rear window.
3) We will be getting a roof rack eventually cause there isnt enough space in the jeep with 2 adults 2 kids and a dog to store all our gear.
#2 is my single biggest gripe about any soft top.

Andy2434

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Billet JLUR, ‘20 Mustang GT/Prem/6MT/PP1
Occupation
Retired/Leisure
Any info on a retractable shade for the Sunrider?

PEABUDY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR GRANITE CRYSTAL
Vehicle Showcase
Installed mine today and pretty happy with it. Had the Black Forest Westabo throwback on my JK which I really liked also. The Westabo was built a little heavier but they do not have one yet for the Jk. Install went pretty well except for the little z hook trying to get it in place. The online video made it look so easy. My only complaint is the poor fit where both back corners do not match up to the height of the hardtop. Looked at a number of other members installs and they look the same.
IMG_2117.JPG

Tannerdc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 CJ7 upgraded (?) to a 2020 JLUR
About to pull the trigger on a SR for my white JLUR w white hardtop. Can someone with a white JL and white hardtop please post a pic of yours w the SR? I'd like to see what the all white looks like with the black SR. Thanks!!!

Sponsored

Austin TX Jeep Rubicon

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Lawyer
The Sunrider for Hardtop for the All New Jeep® Wrangler JL is here
1f525.png

Pre-order yours by calling 1-800-845-3567
1f64c.png

OPEN AIR IN A MATTER OF SECONDS.
The Sunrider for Hardtop is the industry's first all-purpose, all-weather, year-round replacement for bulky freedom panels. It fits the NEW JL Wrangler and Wrangler Unlimited with a factory hardtop. The unique folding design lets you flip the panel back for an open-sky. Make your Jeep Wrangler a convertible today!

• Available in Black Diamond a $699
  • Available in Black Twill at $849
https://www.bestop.com/sunrider-for-hardtop-jl-wrangler

Happy to answer any questions you have, this fits the two and 4 door JLs with or without your hardtop!

CassieAtBestop

JLSFH3.jpg

JLSFH4.jpg
Cant wait!

Ordered mine for my 2019 JLUR. Just waiting for delivery!!

Andy2434

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired/Leisure
+1 Any info?
I received a response from Jasmine at Bestop. She noted to check back in the spring or summer for the Sunshade, which was mentioned somewhere before. I thought that they might get it out earlier. It will be worth the wait.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@Andy2434

If the scenario in regard to this retractable screen, goes anything like the Bestop Sunrider for JL, you will see Bestop offering a pre-release price offering on the retractable screen......

This will occur, a month or so before they think Mexico will ship them the screens from the manufacturing site. Reality is Bestop seems clueless when a product will leave Mexico and when they will have their hands on it in the USA.

After the pre-release offering, and the associated hype.... the predicted ship date may get pushed off more and more.... geeez the ship date was pushed off, over a month with the SR.

I would not expect to see the retractable screen until early Summer..

Sponsored

Andy2434

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired/Leisure
@Andy2434

If the scenario in regard to this retractable screen, goes anything like the Bestop Sunrider for JL, you will see Bestop offering a pre-release price offering on the retractable screen......

This will occur, a month or so before they think Mexico will ship them the screens from the manufacturing site. Reality is Bestop seems clueless when a product will leave Mexico and when they will have their hands on it in the USA.

After the pre-release offering, and the associated hype.... the predicted ship date may get pushed off more and more.... geeez the ship date was pushed off, over a month with the SR.

I would not expect to see the retractable screen until early Summer..

Unfortunately, that may be the most likely situation.

I think that I will start looking at the more traditional sunshade options and how they may or may not work with the Sunrider.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@Andy2434

Do consider the Alien SunShade.

With the forum discount you can get an Alien, front sunshade for about $65.00.

A lot of bang for the $ on a very decent sunshade .... a sunshade that plays extremely well with the Bestop Sunrider.

So well, that I am not even considering the Bestop sunscreen that will be priced around $170+-.

@AlienSunshade @BestopTeam - Thanks for being forum sponsors!

Andy2434

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired/Leisure
@Andy2434

Do consider the Alien SunShade.

With the forum discount you can get an Alien, front sunshade for about $65.00.

A lot of bang for the $ on a very decent sunshade .... a sunshade that plays extremely well with the Bestop Sunrider.

So well, that I am not even considering the Bestop sunscreen that will be priced around $170+-.

@AlienSunshade @BestopTeam - Thanks for being forum sponsors!
LOL . . . I want just on the Alien SunShade site and watching some install videos. You just locked up my decision! You have always been quite helpful . . . Thank you! :like:

Now, before I place an order . . . What is this forum discount that you have noted?

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@Andy2434

You have to PM, Andrew @AlienSunshade , and he will hook you up via PM, with the forum code.

I believe he does not post the forum discount code willy nilly here. If he posts the code here, a non forum member can do a Google search, get the code... get a discount and they are not even a forum member so....

Anyway, Andrew will get back to you pretty quickly with the forum discount discount code.

By the way, Andrew is very quick to get back to you if you have an issue or question in regard to the Alien Sunshade. He does a good job in regard to customer service.

Andy2434

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired/Leisure
@Andy2434

You have to PM, Andrew @AlienSunshade , and he will hook you up via PM, with the forum code.

I believe he does not post the forum discount code willy nilly here. If he posts the code here, a non forum member can do a Google search, get the code... get a discount and they are not even a forum member so....

Anyway, Andrew will get back to you pretty quickly with the forum discount discount code.

By the way, Andrew is very quick to get back to you if you have an issue or question in regard to the Alien Sunshade. He does a good job in regard to customer service.
Thanks a ton!
Sponsored