Cost to install Mopar 2" lift

kpdunnage

First Name
Mack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
I just bought the Lifetime MaxCare warranty, so I'm not interested in doing any life myself (not like I know how any way).

Anyone have any idea how much it'd cost to have the dealer install the 2" Mopar life? Also how much the dealership charges for the actual life hardware as well?

Also, last question: we have a Sahara. The dude we bought it from said it has a 1" factory lift. Is it even worth getting the 2" Mopar lift since I guess in reality I'd only be getting another inch?

Thanks in advance! Sorry, I'm a n00b.
Sponsored

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
First of all, the Sahara doesn't have a lift. The Sport/Sahara models have the same coil springs. There's a video about that on YouTube somewhere. As far as installing a 2" lift is concerned, with the proper tools and a car lift, which the dealership has, it should be a 2 hour job. So at $110/hour that's $220 for installation. I wouldn't pay much more than that for the job.

OP
OP

kpdunnage

First Name
Mack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
First of all, the Sahara doesn't have a lift. The Sport/Sahara models have the same coil springs. There's a video about that on YouTube somewhere. As far as installing a 2" lift is concerned, with the proper tools and a car lift, which the dealership has, it should be a 2 hour job. So at $110/hour that's $220 for installation. I wouldn't pay much more than that for the job.
Thank you.

Bilymac

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ram 2500, 2017 Chevy Tahoe, 2017 Harley Street Glide Special, 2019 Jeep JLRU
My local Dealer just quoted me $1050, (6 hours), to install the Mopar lift on my 2019 Rubicon.

ppfingsten

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S
I’m curious to hear what you find out. Have the issues been addressed with this kit?

Sponsored

RMojitoJL

First Name
Skyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon *Mojito*, 2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Altitude, 2019 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Occupation
Loan Officer
Vehicle Showcase
Dealer prob will charge $600-$1500

offroad shop IE: 4WP or something like that will charge $400-650 ish

should be 4.5-5.5hrs labor roughly

drdriller

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jl
I’m paying $600 cash in Houston. I’m using the same place the dealer sends their Jeeps to—that includes new alignment

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
5 hours labor? Which part is so time consuming? It's just new coils and shocks, right?

shacdaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Sting-Gray
Free w/ a buddy and a basic set of tools/jacks.

shacdaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Sting-Gray
Dealer prob will charge $600-$1500

offroad shop IE: 4WP or something like that will charge $400-650 ish

should be 4.5-5.5hrs labor roughly
Although I'll be installing this lift myself, what's your favorite Vegas shop? With previous trucks, I always went to 4TheTruck in Hendo.

Sponsored

RMojitoJL

First Name
Skyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon *Mojito*, 2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Altitude, 2019 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Occupation
Loan Officer
Vehicle Showcase
Although I'll be installing this lift myself, what's your favorite Vegas shop? With previous trucks, I always went to 4TheTruck in Hendo.
Honestly I wouldn't say I have a Fav shop... most of my background is in sports cars etc. with that being said... MADHouse Detailing & Customs would be top of my lift... they can do it all. My lift was done at 4WheelParts here in Las Vegas for a few reasons. So that's who worked on my JL as of yet. MADHouse will be getting there hands on it soon also.

Kata

First Name
Kata
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
I’m paying $600 cash in Houston. I’m using the same place the dealer sends their Jeeps to—that includes new alignment
I’m from Houston and I’m looking to have the Mopar lift installed on my JLUS. The Jeep dealer quoted $2500 and that includes the Mopar lift, labor, an alignment, and a 36 month warranty. What location did you get yours done? I would like to use your the shop you used. Thanks in advance.

Jerrybizzle

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Tech
I’m from Houston and I’m looking to have the Mopar lift installed on my JLUS. The Jeep dealer quoted $2500 and that includes the Mopar lift, labor, an alignment, and a 36 month warranty. What location did you get yours done? I would like to use your the shop you used. Thanks in advance.
Lift can be purchased online for $1100 and then the local install could save you some money. If you have any friends or yourself are mechanically inclined this can be installed at home in less than a day. I did mine with just a jack and jack stands all by myself. Only help I needed was with the front bump stops (hard to hold the round stop with pliers and use a ratchet underneath). An impact gun speeds things up but is not necessary.

F0C2B04E-6EE0-40B6-BEE1-31F241AEB9F4.jpeg

Kata

First Name
Kata
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Lift can be purchased online for $1100 and then the local install could save you some money. If you have any friends or yourself are mechanically inclined this can be installed at home in less than a day. I did mine with just a jack and jack stands all by myself. Only help I needed was with the front bump stops (hard to hold the round stop with pliers and use a ratchet underneath). An impact gun speeds things up but is not necessary.

F0C2B04E-6EE0-40B6-BEE1-31F241AEB9F4.jpeg
That’s always an option. I’m leaning toward letting a certified installer or dealer do it so I don’t void my lifetime warranty. The dealer quoted me 8hrs for the labor ($139hr). Albeit it’s high but what are my other options besides doing it myself? Has anyone posted on here for what other dealers charge?

FrostySerb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR/2017 Ram 2500 Mega-Cab LongHorn Cummins
WOW
After reading this forum I am a little disappointed with the dealership I purchased from. They pride themselves on being a wrangler dealership and have crates of Mopar lift kits all over ...
They quoted be $2,500
A quick breakdown that equals out to $750 in labor which for a group that does a lot of shouldn't take them more than 3 hours ... so that is $250 an hour ...hmmm
Sponsored