Sponsored

Any way to disable auto park?

JeepJL18

First Name
Jeep
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I will not be participating in this forum as of 8/31/2018. It's been a fun ride, but it's time to move on. Take care. - Dustin
Occupation
What are we talking about here? lol
Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@mazeppa

Makes little sense to me the business about plugging in an old seat belt buckle so you can leave in neutral. Huh........

Suggest you consider buying the new TAZER JL LITE ($219.00) With it you can easily disable ESS and Auto Park and more!
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...rific-new-product-offering.13866/#post-336412

When you sell your JL, someday, you will be able to also sell the Tazer JL Lite on the forum or craigslist for well over half of what you paid for it.

mazeppa

First Name
y = x/0
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Panda
Occupation
knife sharpening snob
Honest question here. If you're putting the vehicle in neutral each time you get out, would putting it in park each time be that much different?
It will not roll in auto park or park when you get out/open the door, it will roll in neutral when you get out if you trick the auto park safety sequences that your seatbelt is fastened when the door is opened. Very seldom do I leave a vehicle in neutral so the drive train is free rolling but the situation is necessary form me at times (prefer not to explain the situations).

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
It will not roll in auto park or park when you get out/open the door, it will roll in neutral when you get out if you trick the auto park safety sequences that your seatbelt is fastened when the door is opened. Very seldom do I leave a vehicle in neutral so the drive train is free rolling but the situation is necessary form me at times (prefer not to explain the situations).
Ah, I was trying to understand why you would want to get out of the vehicle with it in neutral, rather than in park. I know on flat terrain it wont be that big of a deal but if you have any incline it will be, lol.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@mazeppa
Not sure if you know this, but you can place transfer case in neutral and vehicle in park and JL will roll freely.

Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well, I tested with an inexpensive, Seat Belt Clip today, and it indeed disables Auto Park when it is inserted into the driver's side buckle.

Cost was $1.49 for two of them with free shipping to me.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/113391942382
SB-Clip.jpg

sb-clip.jpg
sb-clip.jpg

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Well, I tested with an inexpensive, Seat Belt Clip today, and it indeed disables Auto Park when it is inserted into the driver's side buckle.

SB-Clip.jpg

sb-clip.jpg
sb-clip.jpg
I have those exact same ones, they work great, I have one in Jeep and one in ram work truck. Use them all the time now when hooking up trailer, or sometimes I have to go through gate then close it behind me, just so much easier then opening shutting door all the time, and I mean all the way shut, won’t move if it’s ajar either. :angry:

BillG

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray JLUR / 15 Harley Tri glide / 50 Dodge Rat pickup
I have those exact same ones, they work great, I have one in Jeep and one in ram work truck. Use them all the time now when hooking up trailer, or sometimes I have to go through gate then close it behind me, just so much easier then opening shutting door all the time, and I mean all the way shut, won’t move if it’s ajar either. :angry:
Usually for gates and trailers, I’ll just lightly touch the brake with my left foot while moving.

BillG

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks, I never knew that. I’ll definitely give that a try.
On the Jeep anyway, just enough pressure that it senses your foot there. I’ve done it door open, no belt up to 7-8 mph. Don’t have any need to test further. Works forward and reverse.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Usually for gates and trailers, I’ll just lightly touch the brake with my left foot while moving.
@BillG
@Roky

That "lightly touch the brake" thing works but you really have to pay attention to just how much pressure..... and even then, if you don't get it just right, you jerk to an abrupt halt. I've tried the light pressure thing... not a solution for me..

When I'm backing up to a trailer, etc., I'm concentrating backing up ... concentrating on not hitting the trailer tongue, etc., I do not want to be concentrating on / thinking about lightly touching the brake.

With this little $.75, piece of plastic you just plug it in to the seat belt buckle and just focus on backing up and nothing else.

Sponsored

BillG

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@BillG
@Roky

That "lightly touch the brake" thing works but you really have to pay attention to just how much pressure..... and even then, if you don't get it just right, you jerk to an abrupt halt. I've tried the light pressure thing... not a solution for me..

When I'm backing up to a trailer, etc., I'm concentrating backing up ... concentrating on not hitting the trailer tongue, etc., I do not want to be concentrating on / thinking about lightly touching the brake.

With this little $.75, piece of plastic you just plug it in to the seat belt buckle and just focus on backing up and nothing else.

Never been a problem for me. Guess some of us have better footwork than others ;)

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

SB-Clip.jpg

sb-clip.jpg
sb-clip.jpg
Well, the eBAY vendor raised the price by a dollar.

For $2.49 he sells two with free shipping. Even @ $2.49 his/her price is better then most.

ALSO, the vendor is in the USA, so you get the product quickly:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Pair-Unive...122052&hash=item1a6645d27d:g:jhwAAOSwvf9b821B

Mrjimmystewart

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 jeep 392, Mercedes E 53 convt, Prevost H3-41
Occupation
Retired
I wonder if snipping the sensor wire that lets the "brain" know if the seat belt is fastened or not. I always use my seatbelt, so I"m not worried about forgetting to put it on. The trailer thing is very very aggravating. Just because one guy killed himself by pinning himself against a gate, the other million of us get to have to compensate. Kind of like that idiot shoe bomber, now millions of us have to take off our shoes at the airport..

RMojitoJL

First Name
Skyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon *Mojito*, 2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Altitude, 2019 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Occupation
Loan Officer
Vehicle Showcase
You're all welcome for the seatbelt buckle idea - lol I've used it for years. :idea:
Sponsored