Sponsored

Introducing Hothead Headliners for JL

BrntWS6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS, 2002 WS6
Not as interested in keeping the heat out / in as sound. Half the year the soft top will be on anyway. I would be more interested in some before and after with a decibel meter from say 30mph all the way up to 80mph on the highway. I know people say it does help for sound but for $500 some real testing would be great.
Sponsored

StrikeZ

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
Installed mine today. Including the rear panels and sound assassin strips. Well crafted for fit. I ended up with two extra sound Assassin strips? My test drive showed a noticeable change in sound. Like I got a new stereo.

Lil Punk'n

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangled jl sport
Occupation
Retired, School bus driver
They look very intriguing. We had 29 below this morning . The trip to town was a little chilly for the first 10 miles.

OP
OP
Hothead Headliners

Hothead Headliners

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mark Ambrose
Threads
Reaction score
Website
hotheadheadliners.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 1989 YJ
Installed mine today. Including the rear panels and sound assassin strips. Well crafted for fit. I ended up with two extra sound Assassin strips? My test drive showed a noticeable change in sound. Like I got a new stereo.
HI,
people were coming up 1 strip short so now we send a couple extra strips.
Hothead Headliners

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Got mine last week and got them installed. It has been very cold since. It has made a very noticeable difference keeping it warmer. Im sure it will help this summer too. Great way to go. Thanks for a great product.

Sponsored

Phatm9

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara Jl- 2007 Sahara Jk
Just picked up my JL this week and wondering if you gave any thought into making red color headliners

StrikeZ

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
One note: these will give off a strong odor after installing. It is fading continuously, but the 1st couple days it’s windows down driving.

OP
OP
Hothead Headliners

Hothead Headliners

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mark Ambrose
Threads
Reaction score
Website
hotheadheadliners.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 1989 YJ
Sorry about the smell. We stay so busy and always want to get the headliner orders off to the customers right away that they don't get enough time to air out. We are working on getting farther caught up in production. The success of the JL has really kept us scrambling. We thought it would slow down this winter but boy it hasn't. Great problems to have.
Best regards,
Mark
Hothead Headliners

OP
OP
Hothead Headliners

Hothead Headliners

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mark Ambrose
Threads
Reaction score
Website
hotheadheadliners.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 1989 YJ
We have thought about offering Red as a color choice and Camo also. It's something we are working on. Hopefully by the summer we will have those available.
Mark
Hothead Headliners

Beetle Bailey

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, HD Dyna, HD Softail
Installed a set on new JL over the weekend...fit & finish is perfect. Great directions and easy to install. Still looking for where that extra sound assassin goes...lol

Sponsored

rockadile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLUR
I watched the video about installing in cold weather. Once everything is warmed up and installed, does the vehicle need to stay warm for a bit or does it not matter once everything is stuck on?

StrikeZ

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I watched the video about installing in cold weather. Once everything is warmed up and installed, does the vehicle need to stay warm for a bit or does it not matter once everything is stuck on?
I installed mine it was in the 30’s out, I think if it gets to be a hot day, I’ll give them a push to make sure they stay. But they’re all still tight.

aah78

First Name
Ads
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara (JL)
HI,
people were coming up 1 strip short so now we send a couple extra strips.
Hothead Headliners
Thank you for making an excellent product. The quality, finish & feel is fantastic.

I ended up with two extra sound Assassin strips?
Great directions and easy to install. Still looking for where that extra sound assassin goes
I ended up with the extra strips as well & initially thought I'd left some portion out but after figuring out they were extras, I cut some of the additional Sound Assassin strip & fixed them to the 3 pieces that cover the middle portion of the hard-top.

I still have one strip left that I should have used to cover additional open spots. Will find another place for it, maybe under the top speaker bar?

20181228_175039.jpg

20181228_180340.jpg

jeepixel

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WBGO View, 2019 2d Wrangler Rubicon
We installed our headliners and Sound Assassin pieces in our 2-door yesterday and as others have noted, the fit is good and the installation is not difficult, just a bit awkward given the working space inside the Jeep. Our two cents on the install and a couple tips to consider. . . we opted not to do the "towel waving" shown in one of the videos to knock off the sanding dust, as we didn't want that fine dust everywhere inside (new Jeep. . . ). One (or more) of the vids showed plastic over the seats to protect them, so we took that advice and covered the seats and roll bars with plastic (reused the big bag the headliners shipped in) and the back cargo deck with half of the cardboard box (also from the headliner shipping). When I scuffed the hardtop with the sandpaper, I did it with one hand while following with a vacuum in the other and didn't get a lot of dust flying. First wipe down was with a Swiffer, then the 2x with the acetone - worked great. I got some of the black sticky gunk material the Sound Assassins are made of on my hands during their install, so I put on gloves to handle the panels. As my better half noted, the liners look good and give the interior a more finished look - it's a win even before seeing how they perform.

OP
OP
Hothead Headliners

Hothead Headliners

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mark Ambrose
Threads
Reaction score
Website
hotheadheadliners.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 1989 YJ
Hi, once installed in the cold you are good to go. We use so much more tape than is recommended (per 3M's sq. inches per pound recommendation) that once that panels are installed you don't need to worry about complete adhesion/bonding times.
regards,
Mark
Sponsored