Are LED headlights worth $900?

Greg H

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited JL Rubicon
I prefer the LED's and my JLUR has them but I don't know if they are worth the extra $900.

I definitely recommend the headliners. I test drove one with and one without. The one with the headliner had considerably less wind noise on the highway. You don't feel the cold or heat on your head with the headliner which makes the interior more comfortable. I bought the one without the factory headliner and installed the Hot Head headliner myself.
Sponsored

Dudley Dawson

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
In my opinion, the LEDs are definitely worth it.

Also, just noticed that when you are in "P" with parking lights selected, when you pull the emergency brake, it dims the LED running lights on the fenders another notch to the match the brightness of the Halos. May be common knowledge - I thought I discovered fire. Neat

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
Well for me when I got my JLU Sahara if I could have gotten them I would have but the dealer stock had lots of other stuff on their JL’s besides LED’s and was out of my budget range so I opted for a $40 investment for now with BEAMTECH LED’s

924B7FDE-80BD-43F3-8A70-355BF099DA8A.jpeg
E066982B-73A0-4804-87F7-59BDD05C677D.jpeg
BA43D10F-67AB-4194-9583-4D8FB798AB36.jpeg

Sponsored

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

I think the leds look cool but i dont see a need for them myself. The standard headlights work fine for me. I dont plan to offroad at night so i also dont plan to cover my rig in led cube lights.

$900 for lights...if you like and want them, cool. And its not a bad price considering its not just the headlights but the fender and bumper lights as well. Eventually they’ll start showing up on the 2nd hand market for cheap. People will replace the oem leds with some trick aftermarket lights that have yet to come out. Aftermarket bumpers and fenders that wont use them and headlights that change colors or who knows what.

all these “must have” options is why people are dropping $50-$60k on wranglers. All i needed on my jlus was ac and the auto. $33k well spent. Ive disconnected the sway bars and had it do some serious flexing. Havent needed lockers once either.

But to each their own. Buy what you want in YOUR jeep. Its great that they give us so many options to choose from.

First Name
MW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.0 l JLUR
I had a TJ which obviously didn't have LEDs and my Grand Cherokee didn't either but my new JLUR has them and I love them-in fact, they are one of my favorite features! I just feel like they do such a nice job illuminating that it puts a little less strain on my eyes. I could live with not having them and understand why some say it's not worth the $900, but I am really happy with them.

Triggerfish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubi
LED's were a must for me. I love the way they look and since I was buying a new Jeep I wanted it to have the latest tech going forward.. I plan on keeping my JL way past my car payment and I think in 10 years I'll be glad I bought the LED package.

Sponsored

Slowpoke

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Moab Silver 2018
Occupation
Yes
I went from a JK to a JL, so yes, they're worth it. Didn't realize how bad the JK lights were. Night and day difference.

Wanderingwheelz

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport
T
I think the leds look cool but i dont see a need for them myself. The standard headlights work fine for me. I dont plan to offroad at night so i also dont plan to cover my rig in led cube lights.

$900 for lights...if you like and want them, cool. And its not a bad price considering its not just the headlights but the fender and bumper lights as well. Eventually they’ll start showing up on the 2nd hand market for cheap. People will replace the oem leds with some trick aftermarket lights that have yet to come out. Aftermarket bumpers and fenders that wont use them and headlights that change colors or who knows what.

all these “must have” options is why people are dropping $50-$60k on wranglers. All i needed on my jlus was ac and the auto. $33k well spent. Ive disconnected the sway bars and had it do some serious flexing. Havent needed lockers once either.

But to each their own. Buy what you want in YOUR jeep. Its great that they give us so many options to choose from.
Well said.

The news today was that 7 million people are more than 90 days late on their car payments, so buying a Wrangler Sport with just a few options might have been the way to go for one or two of those 7 million.

By the way, that’s over a million more than during the depths of the financial crisis.

robaw

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU MOAB (MOJITO!), 2009 Honda CBR600RR
T

Well said.

The news today was that 7 million people are more than 90 days late on their car payments, so buying a Wrangler Sport with just a few options might have been the way to go for one or two of those 7 million.

By the way, that’s over a million more than during the depths of the financial crisis.
Kudos to those who buy vehicles that they can actually afford :beer:

MKC JL

First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler JLU ,2019 Cherokee Limited
I guess it depends on your situation. We have no street or city lights,winding roads & lots of deer. With my eyes the more light the better. I got rid of a 2018 ZR2 that had the worst headlights I've seen on a new vehicle. If I was still in the city it might not matter,

MojoHanky

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU V6 6M ($299 lease and driven like stolen), BMW 335D (400whp/600wtq)
I too got the poverty edition JLU on lease: Sport manual w/ AC as the only option. The halogens are adequate for my uses, which are primarily weekend recreation trips and grocery-getting in the snow. It's my second vehicle; not my daily driver.

That being said, I think $900 for LED's all around is a no-brainer for a daily driver. My Bimmer has xenons and I upgraded the already good (but old) OEM bulbs to Philips X-Treme Vision Gen 2's and they light up the night incredibly, which helps when you're driving it as fast as I do in deer country.
Sponsored