Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Operating Engineer Local 3
Im sorry for starting a thread on this subject, but I’ve honeslty been searching almost every site I can think of trying to find a 4.56 ratio gear set ALONG with a front limited slip for my wife’s 2018 JLU Sahara.
From the information I’ve gathered I’m pretty sure we have the Upgraded axle option with
205MM Front Axle / Dana M220 Rear Axle/ limited slip, and 3.45 stock gearing.
My problem is that I can’t for the life of me find a front limited slip and ring and pinion anywhere??
Am I not looking in the right places?
So far I’ve searched:
Northridge4x4
ExtremeTerrain
Summit
jegs
&
Quadratec

Also if anyone has already done this modification in their JLUSahara I’d love to know what mods you’ve also done as far as lift height, Wheel/Tire size + backspacing, and gear selection.
Thank you In advance
And I apologize again if this has been answered already
Sponsored

Boothorp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Sahara’s with limited slip come with a M186 Dana 30) up front and M220 (Dana 44) in the back. The limited slip comes in the back axle. There are currently no aftermarket limited slips available for the front Dana 30 axle that I’m aware of. I bought the TORQ auto locker for the Dana 30.

OP
OP
Pressuregarage

Pressuregarage

First Name
Kaimana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sahara’s with limited slip come with a M186 Dana 30) up front and M220 (Dana 44) in the back. The limited slip comes in the back axle. There are currently no aftermarket limited slips available for the front Dana 30 axle that I’m aware of. I bought the TORQ auto locker for the Dana 30.
Is that TORQ just a spider gear replacement assembly????

Tangokilo

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1972 Oldsmobile 442, 2001 4runner, 2010 Honda Accord V6 Coupe, 2011 VW Golf, 1969 Triump T100 MC and 2018 JLU Sport S
The reason your not finding a traditional clutch pack limited slip for the front is it you can't steer on the street in ice snow maybe even rain. You'll slide right off the road. Even limited slips in the rear are prone to do this. Your rear end kicking out is one thing if your front did in a corner- not good. That's why Rubicon s have electric lockers and only lock in low range. What you want is a electric locker and only engage off road. Tom

Sponsored

OP
OP
Pressuregarage

Pressuregarage

First Name
Kaimana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
The reason your not finding a traditional clutch pack limited slip for the front is it you can't steer on the street in ice snow maybe even rain. You'll slide right off the road. Even limited slips in the rear are prone to do this. Your rear end kicking out is one thing if your front did in a corner- not good. That's why Rubicon s have electric lockers and only lock in low range. What you want is a electric locker and only engage off road. Tom
It only does this when engaged,
I don’t NEED a locker up front. I do mild wheeling with the family on sand and some very moderate trails.
I live in Hawaii, so ice and snow on roads is never gonna happen.

RubenZ

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Website
myjlproject.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F-250, 18’ Toyota 4Runner

IronScott

First Name
Scott