OP
OP
Expedition One

Expedition One

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota, Jeep, Chevy, GMC, Ford, Dodge
Are the freedom panels removable with this rack? I really don't want to lose that ability, but I need a rack for my rtt. Also really don't want to drill my hardtop!
It is unlikely you'll be able to remove the freedom panels with our full-size rack, however we are working on a 'half-rack option that will allow for that. As soon as we have more concrete info and photos to share, we'll be sure to show them off here!
Sponsored

OP
OP
Expedition One

Expedition One

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I had my local shop order the full width front bumper and rear bumper with tire carrier a few weeks ago. I'm hoping it doesn't take the full 10-14 weeks to get them because I'm really looking forward to putting them on!
We recommend checking up on your order on the latter half of the estimated lead times. We just pushed through most of our Holiday orders so we hope to deliver our products as quickly as our staff can work!

Appreciate your patience

OP
OP
Expedition One

Expedition One

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I would be keen on a roof basket for a 2 door. It needs to only cover the rear so I can still remove the front freedom panels.
A smaller rack is in development that will allow for freedom panel removal :) Hopefully we'll have some photos and additional info to share in the coming month or two.

OP
OP
Expedition One

Expedition One

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hey @Expedition One , the pictures show the bumper mounted tire carrier on the full width model, but on your site, that is not currently an option - is it?

This may just be from the images, but the top of the tire & center wheel height on the full width vs. shorter one looks lower...is it or is that just an illusion/different tire size, etc.?

By chance do you or anyone know the weight of the current steel rear bumper (I'm sure it's out there somewhere...I'm just being lazy)?

Also as @Poynter32 asked, could you provide the input on the lights please.

One more, it's noted that the system would not work with oem wheels, is that the bumper mounted carrier? I'm looking at 35's on the factory Rubicon rims....maybe 37's one day.

Great looking options and thanks for being on the forum!!!

Thanks!
Likely an illusion there as both are running the tire carrier variant. We do offer the door mounted tire plate which should be able to hold no larger than a 37" size tire. (recommended) This is something for customers who just want the base rear bumper without the swing arm.

The rear bumper I believe we've estimated to be around 110lbs

The lights on the rear bumper are from Heretic Studios but can fit any similar light like the Baja Designs Squadron Pro series.

For the OEM wheels we do offer an oem wheel spacer kit to allow the carrier arm to hold stock wheels but something I'll investigate and get back to you on.

Thanks for the feedback!

Cheers

OP
OP
Expedition One

Expedition One

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I am so interested in the roof rack!

How is the roof rack mounted? Just the gutter? I see it is advertised to hold 250 dynamic and 500 static, can the gutter hold all of that weight.
That's correct! Our roof rack utilizes the gutter railing to secure the roof rack onto the roof without any drilling involved. In our testing out on the trails, the recommended dynamic weight is around 250lbs with the static (parked) weight to be around 500-600lbs (weight being evenly distributed as much as possible)

Sponsored

JJB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Is there an ETA as to when the rocker guards for the JL will be available? Specifically the 2-door.

GhostDivers

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 6sp, 2014 X5 35d, 2020 JLR 6sp
Likely an illusion there as both are running the tire carrier variant. We do offer the door mounted tire plate which should be able to hold no larger than a 37" size tire. (recommended) This is something for customers who just want the base rear bumper without the swing arm.

The rear bumper I believe we've estimated to be around 110lbs

The lights on the rear bumper are from Heretic Studios but can fit any similar light like the Baja Designs Squadron Pro series.

For the OEM wheels we do offer an oem wheel spacer kit to allow the carrier arm to hold stock wheels but something I'll investigate and get back to you on.

Thanks for the feedback!

Cheers
Thanks @Expedition One for responding and I'm looking forward to what you find out on the oem wheel.

walweb

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR Mojito, 1993 YJ, 2001 Ram 2500, 2012 Ram Dually , 2014 Durango
Occupation
Retired
I had my local shop order the full width front bumper and rear bumper with tire carrier a few weeks ago. I'm hoping it doesn't take the full 10-14 weeks to get them because I'm really looking forward to putting them on!
I have the same set up ordered, with the addition of rock rails. Ordered mine mid December, so they should be here about the same time my JLUR Mojito shows up (been in JB for 8 days...).
I am hearing that my Rock Krawler 2.5 x Factor Stage 1 is still 3 weeks out, ordered December 19th (or so my dealer told me), going to be a fun couple of days in the shop putting everything on..... Moab EJS will be first official outing with this rig.

walweb

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
It is unlikely you'll be able to remove the freedom panels with our full-size rack, however we are working on a 'half-rack option that will allow for that. As soon as we have more concrete info and photos to share, we'll be sure to show them off here!
How long before the half rack option will be available?
I have Besttop Sunrider for Freedom Panel and a full rack wont work with it. I had been planning on the Rhino Rack 60x54 when they become available in April, butmight have to wait and see how the Expedition One looks (and pricing)

OP
OP
Expedition One

Expedition One

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
How long before the half rack option will be available?
I have Besttop Sunrider for Freedom Panel and a full rack wont work with it. I had been planning on the Rhino Rack 60x54 when they become available in April, butmight have to wait and see how the Expedition One looks (and pricing)
We're aiming to show something off at Easter Jeep Safari in mid-April *fingers crossed

Sponsored

OP
OP
Expedition One

Expedition One

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have the same set up ordered, with the addition of rock rails. Ordered mine mid December, so they should be here about the same time my JLUR Mojito shows up (been in JB for 8 days...).
I am hearing that my Rock Krawler 2.5 x Factor Stage 1 is still 3 weeks out, ordered December 19th (or so my dealer told me), going to be a fun couple of days in the shop putting everything on..... Moab EJS will be first official outing with this rig.
If you can private message me with your order number, I'll check into the status for you to see how far along it is :like:

walweb

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
If you can private message me with your order number, I'll check into the status for you to see how far along it is :like:
I don't know how to Private Message :blush: but they were ordered by Victory Motors in Craig Co. sometime around December 14th

GhostDivers

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 6sp, 2014 X5 35d, 2020 JLR 6sp
Hey @walweb , the easiest way is to just click on Expedition One name on the left of his last post, then pick send a private message. Very similar to a normal email from that point.

walweb

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Hey @walweb , the easiest way is to just click on Expedition One name on the left of his last post, then pick send a private message. Very similar to a normal email from that point.
Thanks GhostDivers, I'll give it a shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.