Sponsored

EcoDiesel Petition for 2019 two-door Wranglers

Bearded_Dragon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito! Rubicon
Title says it all, I've started an online petition to try getting EcoDiesels in two-door Wranglers for 2019 models. We have about a year to provide Jeep with this data and I'm sure we can get Jeep to change their minds limiting EcoDiesels to four-door Wranglers. Please share where you can and DON'T pay anything if prompted (unless you want to contribute to iPetitions, I am not asking for any money)!

https://www.ipetitions.com/petition/two-door-diesel-wrangler-for-2019
pet250.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

Hercanstein

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Toyota Tacoma SR5 4x4 Extra Cab, 2014 Ford Escape Titanium, 2014 Kawasaki Brute Force 300, 2011 Yamaha TW200, 1987 Honda Fatcat
Signed it.

Thanks for setting it up! I am willing to wait for the diesel, but four door only? Ugh! Next they will say automatic only and I will be out for sure.

Happy trails,

Bryan

Karl_in_Chicago

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura RL, Chevrolet Corvette, Harley-Davidson FLHTC Electra-Glide Classic
Signed it.

Thanks for setting it up! I am willing to wait for the diesel, but four door only? Ugh! Next they will say automatic only and I will be out for sure.

Happy trails,

Bryan
They already have said that the diesel will only be available in automatic. As currently revealed by FCA the ONLY manual transmission powertrain option is with the V6 Pentastar.

Ahmed

First Name
Quraysh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Signed

I was waiting for an increase in the area of the fuel tank, but this did not happen. On the contrary, the space was reduced!

So I and some of my friends will wait for the Rubicon diesel engine.

Last edited:

Hercanstein

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Toyota Tacoma SR5 4x4 Extra Cab, 2014 Ford Escape Titanium, 2014 Kawasaki Brute Force 300, 2011 Yamaha TW200, 1987 Honda Fatcat
They already have said that the diesel will only be available in automatic. As currently revealed by FCA the ONLY manual transmission powertrain option is with the V6 Pentastar.
How very disappointing.

Sponsored

jugern0t

First Name
anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 TJ
seriously though FCA preaches they are trying to be true to form and yet they are slowly phasing out 2 doors and manual transmissions. It's sad really. It seems what they are really true to is money under the guise of history.

I did sign it, lets pray it makes a difference.

OP
OP
Bearded_Dragon

Bearded_Dragon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito! Rubicon
Update: I have a friend who relayed this petition to someone high up. They said IF we get 10k signatures to reach back out to them! Everyone we can make this happen, PLEASE share with your Jeep communities; Facebook, Twitter, other Wrangler sites, ect!

Also during TFLNow's streaming video of the JL Press Release, I asked TFL if they would question why the diesel is not offered for two door Wranglers. TFL said they would inquire about it!

jugern0t

First Name
anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 TJ
Update: I have a friend who relayed this petition to someone high up. They said IF we get 10k signatures to reach back out to them! Everyone we can make this happen, PLEASE share with your Jeep communities!

Also during TFLNow's streaming video of the JL Press Release, I asked TFL if they would question why the diesel is not offered for two door Wranglers. TFL said they would inquire about it!
Doing God's work, bless you sir.

mrnoodley

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘12 JK 18 JL (ordered)
I’ll be buying a diesel Rubicon as soon as I can order one. If it’s available in a 2dr, that’s be my preference.

I’m ready to put my money where my mouth is and put a deposit down towards a 2dr diesel Rubi as soon as someone’s willing to take it.

OP
OP
Bearded_Dragon

Bearded_Dragon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito! Rubicon

Sponsored

RockAltered

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JLR V6 AT & 23 Ram Limited 4x4
Occupation
Retired.
"You cannot petition the Lord with prayer" Jim Morrison 1966 (the year I bought my first Jeep)

OP
OP
Bearded_Dragon

Bearded_Dragon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito! Rubicon
We're up to 100 signatures! So if the 3.0 is a $5k option, that means Jeep would have $500,000 just for two door Wranglers! Let's keep spreading the word and getting more signatures!

mrnoodley

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘12 JK 18 JL (ordered)
This is all silly. It won't fit.

It's been said publicly that the diesel uses a longer transmission and it won't fit in the 2dr.

JLBuyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Factory order JL once I finalize the configuration..

It's been said publicly that the diesel uses a longer transmission and it won't fit in the 2dr.
Exactly why they need to offer it with the manual.
I for one would absolutely wait till 2019 if I could order a Sport 2 door with manual and diesel.

OP
OP
Bearded_Dragon

Bearded_Dragon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito! Rubicon

Source?
Sponsored