Sponsored

Off Road Pages has arrived via OTA software update!

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
Gents I have a question, my son has a 2018 JLU Rubicon that has the 8.4 system and he’s asking me about Off-road pages and I don’t have a clue on how he can get the Uconnect update with off-road pages, is that a Dealer flash, OTA update or what, he went to the Uconnect site and plugged in his VIN but it says no updates available so what gives.

Also on the Uconnect App it seems that the remote start thing does not work correctly like if he does anything with the FOB and after he’s done he tells me he has a two hour window for the app remote start thing to work but after approx two hours it does not work so what’s up with that
Sponsored

CanAmMick

First Name
Mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara JL, 2017 Honda Pilot Touring
Occupation
USAF Retired Helicopter mechanic
Gents I have a question, my son has a 2018 JLU Rubicon that has the 8.4 system and he’s asking me about Off-road pages and I don’t have a clue on how he can get the Uconnect update with off-road pages, is that a Dealer flash, OTA update or what, he went to the Uconnect site and plugged in his VIN but it says no updates available so what gives.

Also on the Uconnect App it seems that the remote start thing does not work correctly like if he does anything with the FOB and after he’s done he tells me he has a two hour window for the app remote start thing to work but after approx two hours it does not work so what’s up with that
I had the dealer do the update while it was in the shop for the voltage issue. So far, the Off Road pages work great.

I’ve use my IPhone to remote start my Jeep, and the only time I’ve ever had a problem with it is when we don’t have a good cell signal. Not sure what mine does if I use the fob after I’ve sent in a request through the phone. Guess I’ll have to try it.

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
@CanAmMick so he needs to go to the dealer for the off-road pages update ?

Djmatt85

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JL Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
@CanAmMick so he needs to go to the dealer for the off-road pages update ?
Yes, there is a TSB 08-001-19. You may want to call ahead of time to make sure the update is downloaded to a flash drive as the download from FCA server can take a while if it’s bogged down. Just loading from a flash drive to wrangler takes about an hour so it’s not long of a wait.

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, there is a TSB 08-001-19. You may want to call ahead of time to make sure the update is downloaded to a flash drive as the download from FCA server can take a while if it’s bogged down. Just loading from a flash drive to wrangler takes about an hour so it’s not long of a wait.
Not that taking it in is an problem but why is this not an update he can do from FCA directctly

Sponsored

CanAmMick

First Name
Mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation

Djmatt85

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JL Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
Not that taking it in is an problem but why is this not an update he can do from FCA directctly
It was supposed to be OTA but they switched to have to dealer do it because there were so many problems with doing it OTA. It is a 10GB file (what the dealer told me), so my guess is that’s using a ton of cellular data for each update... easier to just take it in. That’s my reasoning at least.

CanAmMick

First Name
Mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
When I checked with UConnect it also showed that my unit was up to date. I really don’t have too much faith in UConnect. Between them and Jeep it’s kinds hard to tell where the screwup is with these updates.

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
I had the dealer do the update while it was in the shop for the voltage issue. So far, the Off Road pages work great.

I’ve use my IPhone to remote start my Jeep, and the only time I’ve ever had a problem with it is when we don’t have a good cell signal. Not sure what mine does if I use the fob after I’ve sent in a request through the phone. Guess I’ll have to try it.
Yes sir! I told them about the TSB, and that I did not have the Off Road pages.
It was supposed to be OTA but they switched to have to dealer do it because there were so many problems with doing it OTA. It is a 10GB file (what the dealer told me), so my guess is that’s using a ton of cellular data for each update... easier to just take it in. That’s my reasoning at least.

Thanks for the info guys, I will tell him to call the dealer to get his Rubicon in to get it, I wish I had gotten the 8.4 to have it but oh well never thought about what I would be missing

Brew211

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLURM, Tundra, 2022 JLU 392 XR
Vehicle Showcase
So I was at the dealer for five hours today, yes five hours, with my jeep running for the new TSB update. That’s right my jeep was running for five hours for this to upload. When I left I finally had the ORP’s......... until I stopped at a gas station to fill up because again my jeep was running for five hours. Turn the jeep on and the ORP’s are gone. I do not think I’ve ever been so mad at something so stupid

Sponsored

AwCrimety

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKUS
So I was at the dealer for five hours today, yes five hours, with my jeep running for the new TSB update. That’s right my jeep was running for five hours for this to upload. When I left I finally had the ORP’s......... until I stopped at a gas station to fill up because again my jeep was running for five hours. Turn the jeep on and the ORP’s are gone. I do not think I’ve ever been so mad at something so stupid
That's brutal. I'd be mad too.

cmcclintock

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
Han
hang in there. Same thing happened to me. They might come back.Mine did.

BillyHW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Why did it need to keep running?

ALRUI

First Name
Arnold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara, 2003 F150 S-Crew FX4, Others
Why did it need to keep running?
It didnt! I'd be pissed to, I dont like to leave my engine idling even in the fast food line! (great & only time to leave ESS ON). Reminds me of Ford telling my wife to drive around in circles to get the compass on her Escape going after it didnt work when she picked it up from getting tires and a software update. Did a manual Sync update myself & all was good again. These "techs" dont know what theyre doing for the most part!

Greg H

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited JL Rubicon
I lost mine 2 weeks after the dealer did the TSB in January. It just happened to be the day after my Guardian services expired. I worked with @JeepCares and they had an OTA update pushed out to add them back on. Just send them a PM with you VIN.
Sponsored