POWDO

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I will end up with KM3’s after these Coopers are toast. I got the coopers as part of a package deal for the beadlocks on Craigslist. So far, no complaints. They’re a bit noisy, but I’m not going to complain about what’s to be expected from an M/T.
I would highly recommend Discount Tire in High Point off of Penny road. I have purchased two sets from them and they are awesome to work with.
Sponsored

OP
OP
chevymitchell

chevymitchell

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Pain Train), 2022 2500 AT4
Occupation
Avi Engineer
I would highly recommend Discount Tire in High Point off of Penny road. I have purchased two sets from them and they are awesome to work with.
I agree. I have been using them since I moved here.

However, they don't deal with beadlocks, which is ok. You can service beadlocks on your own with no problems. No tire shop needed.

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
They are definitely louder. I had 315/70R17 KO2s on it before. With the addition of the 8.5 inch wide Methods, the Jeep tracks much better. No sway left to right at all. Feels like it is on rails. I am noticing that because the setup is some 15 pounds heavier per wheel, the braking is not as good. The fact that they stick out almost 2 inches beyond the fenders also increase the wind/road noise. Regardless, I love this set up!
Pretty cool about the no swaying with the bigger tire setup. Seems like if that's the case Jeep engineers planned on everyone going big or going home.

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Okay, so Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac... Yea or Nay?

I'm totally new to this tire business...

POWDO

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Okay, so Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac... Yea or Nay?

I'm totally new to this tire business...
Never ran them. A lot of guys do and they are probably in the same class as the BFGs...really expensive, look badass and get the job done lol.

Sponsored

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Never ran them. A lot of guys do and they are probably in the same class as the BFGs...really expensive, look badass and get the job done lol.
Ah good. To get all 5 of those it will be about $200 less than KO2s. I will not have a mismatched spare... :facepalm:

USNJeeper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS, 95 YJ
Hey neighbors to the south. I'm not a youtuber, or a sales guy...just a navy squid but if you want a good tire that isn't loud and can handle anything look into the milestar patagonia's put about 1k on mine so far in a lot of different conditions and they are great. Discount sells them and will price match if you can find them cheaper. I'm running 315/75r16 on my sahara and they are quiet and a nice soft compound. I'll post a pic of my rig for ya'll and maybe catch some of you in the OBX or maybe catch ya'll for a run here in VA.

POWDO

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Hey neighbors to the south. I'm not a youtuber, or a sales guy...just a navy squid but if you want a good tire that isn't loud and can handle anything look into the milestar patagonia's put about 1k on mine so far in a lot of different conditions and they are great. Discount sells them and will price match if you can find them cheaper. I'm running 315/75r16 on my sahara and they are quiet and a nice soft compound. I'll post a pic of my rig for ya'll and maybe catch some of you in the OBX or maybe catch ya'll for a run here in VA.
Those have a lot of great reviews. Hell, even Lite Brite runs them and swears by them. I believe they are on their second set of them. They have several videos posted on YT.

POWDO

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Ah good. To get all 5 of those it will be about $200 less than KO2s. I will not have a mismatched spare... :facepalm:
The KM3s were about $318 a piece at Discount.

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Go Navy! Beat Army!

giphy.gif

USNJeeper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS, 95 YJ
Missing from that picture is my 95 YJ that is almost color matched. But she's my project and I'm taking my time restoring her.