Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Admin
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

An Allpar member has spotted a new 2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited prototype sighting further confirms a few changes that the JL Wrangler will receive - the more angled grille, longer hood and larger front bumper.

The grille was expected to be more raked to increase efficiency (better aero). The longer hood to accommodate a new 8 speed automatic transmission. The larger front bumper to help meet safety standards worldwide.

2018-Jeep-wrangler.jpg

2018 jeep wrangler.jpg
Sponsored

Biker Dan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ducati Monster
That's got to be a mule right? Besides the covered up grille and bumper it looks unchanged.

Rusty Shovel

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 TJ, 2005 TJ Rubi, 2012 JK Rubi, 2023 JLU Rubi
I'm not so sure; check out that Pinocchio bumper! Also, I'll bet the "vent" hole it's a mounting point for the new, larger, taillight. Also, what's with the tailpipe? And lastly, the rear roof...is it a facade? I thought they were making radical changes to the freedom top.

Last edited:

Jeep XXL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
To me it does not look like a larger front bumper but that the grille is pushed back and more angled, making the bumper look pushed out. I was hoping the stock bumper would be more flush and close up the fender gap like some of the aftermarket Rampage ones do.

rampage_jeep_recovery_bumper.jpg

Rusty Shovel

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 TJ, 2005 TJ Rubi, 2012 JK Rubi, 2023 JLU Rubi
To me it does not look like a larger front bumper but that the grille is pushed back and more angled, making the bumper look pushed out. I was hoping the stock bumper would be more flush and close up the fender gap like some of the aftermarket Rampage ones do.

rampage_jeep_recovery_bumper.jpg
Yeah, I'm a fan of just stubbing the factory bumpers, but in this case I'd have to replace the front bumper outright; the stocker's affect on frontal breakover appears too high, and as I said before..."Pinocchio!"

Sponsored

ModdedJK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Modded JK
Clubs

I'm not so sure; check out that Pinocchio bumper! Also, I'll bet the "vent" hole it's a mounting point for the new, larger, taillight. Also, what's with the tailpipe? And lastly, the rear roof...is it a facade? I thought they were making radical changes to the freedom top.
I think this must just be a JK body with some JL parts attached for testing purposes, like the grille and bumper. If you look at the prototype posted in the other spy pics thread you can tell it's a different roof and it looks like a permanent roof structure underneath the camouflage.

N.Stark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 TJ
The tail pipe would lead me to believe that the wheelbase may have increased by a few inches possibly.

jbozz

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
That's got to be a mule right? Besides the covered up grille and bumper it looks unchanged.
Looks to me like it may be the 6cyl with new turbo. Intake covered so prying eyes can’t spill the beans & waste Gate venting out back. JMHO

Sponsored