Sponsored

What does on the road to dealer mean

Colorado Rubicon

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Firecracker Red JL Unlimited Rubicon, 2014 Dune Clear Coat JK Unlimited Sahara, 2012 Ram 3500 Longhorn Dually, 2017 Jeep Renegade Trailhawk (Daughters), 2015 Polaris RZR 4 1000, 2014 Polaris Ranger XP 900 Crew
My company has ordered a Rubicon. We placed the order November 2. Today is February 2. It seems like a lengthy time for delivery to me. But maybe not. Called the dealer and was told that there was delays in shipping. We were hoping for an arrival time of January 20th as that was the dealers estimated date of arrival. We turned in a leased vehicle in hopes of everything working out of getting into the new Jeep but it’s not here yet. I called Jeep Cares which they looked it up and advised that it’s on the road to the dealer. Couldn’t give me a location. Am i overthinking this?
Sponsored

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2Door JL Rubicon in Mojito, 2022 Rivian R1T
I bet its at the factory, maybe getting painted.

BrntWS6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS, 2002 WS6
Take what jeep cares says with a grain of salt. When i called to inquire about my order my jeep was built and awaiting shipment but no shipping date had been set. Next day my dealer called and it was sitting on their lot. Their is clearly a big communication gap over there.

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
The dealer can tell you exactly where it is and an updated ETA if they have the Rubicon VLS logistics program. Jeep Chat doesn't really know what happens after it leaves the factory and goes to the transport company.
Since the 2019 build started the end of October they had a lot of back orders queued up to build before the November orders. But that doesn't explain all of the December orders that were built and delivered in December. Sounds like bad karma on yours.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Colorado Rubicon

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Firecracker Red JL Unlimited Rubicon, 2014 Dune Clear Coat JK Unlimited Sahara, 2012 Ram 3500 Longhorn Dually, 2017 Jeep Renegade Trailhawk (Daughters), 2015 Polaris RZR 4 1000, 2014 Polaris Ranger XP 900 Crew
Ok, so i thought I’d give an update on my order process... Now as of today the official day count is 110 days from the beginning of my order and still no Jeep. I’ve called Jeep cares with the only response of it’s on it’s way to the dealer. I called my dealer today to get any kind of update and was advised of additional delays with an estimated arrival time of March 1 thru March 15. By that time i will be over 130 days. I don’t think that this is normal at all and sad but no one can give me an actual answer. Would it be better to just cut ties with the dealership and place a new order or wait? I sure wish Jeep could just be honest and inform me of what the problem is. Any ideas??

COSJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 WK2, 2019 JLR?
If you ordered from a local dealer in southern CO, the Jeep is first shipped to a rail yard in Denver, then it waits for a truck to your dealer. Once Jeep chat confirmed shipping status(KZ), my dealer sales person was able to give an approx arrival time in Denver. He also called the rail yard and confirmed this. Once it reached the rail yard, it took another two days to reach the dealer. Total shipping time was about 2 weeks. Bottom line is , once Jeep the delaer VLS tracking is more accurate than the info Jeep chat has.Hope this helps.

Sorbs

First Name
Brian & Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' Ram TRX, 20' Gladiator LE
What dealer did you use and did you get a VON and VIN number?

Dealers can’t track your order. They are as blind to them as you are. The only way to know your Jeep exists is when the window sticker is created. If you have a VIN and you can check that on Jeep.com.

COSJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 WK2, 2019 JLR?
What dealer did you use and did you get a VON and VIN number?

Dealers can’t track your order. They are as blind to them as you are. The only way to know your Jeep exists is when the window sticker is created. If you have a VIN and you can check that on Jeep.com.
This is only true until the shipping stage(KZ). After that the dealer can track your order much more accurately using the Rubicon VLS tracking system. Based on OP's description, it sounded like he is past KZ, but as you said, it would be good to confirm with Jeep Chat that it is past KZ stage.

OP
OP

Colorado Rubicon

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Got off a chat with Jeep Cares and was told the following...

They have given me a case number and would contact me later today with an update.
KZ status for 50 days and counting
I do have The VON #
And i have the VIN # as well along with the window sticker.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Colorado Rubicon

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dealer used... Perkins Motors

OP
OP

Colorado Rubicon

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If you ordered from a local dealer in southern CO, the Jeep is first shipped to a rail yard in Denver, then it waits for a truck to your dealer. Once Jeep chat confirmed shipping status(KZ), my dealer sales person was able to give an approx arrival time in Denver. He also called the rail yard and confirmed this. Once it reached the rail yard, it took another two days to reach the dealer. Total shipping time was about 2 weeks. Bottom line is , once Jeep the delaer VLS tracking is more accurate than the info Jeep chat has.Hope this helps.
You are 100% correct!! However my dealer can’t explain or track it. All they say is delayed and wait just a little longer. This is just one of the oddest situations I’ve been involved in. I even asked jeep Cares if they had many other orders with the delays like mine and they wouldn’t answer.

DarinFred

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (in D1 status)
KZ status for any long period is complete BS, especially on a custom order. They need to get these vehicles out to the people who have bought them.

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
If it really has been in KZ and left the factory on a railcar your dealer can tell you exactly where it is unless it has been lost in transit. I saw where mine moved only 25 miles in 28 hours between two yards in southern Chicago. Not to worry you even more put there is a legendary video of a train loaded with car railcars that hit their emergency brake and pretty much every vehicle on the train crashed through the front of the railcars or into the back of the car in front of it. Wonder how the logistics reported the ETA on those vehicles?

OP
OP

Colorado Rubicon

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If it really has been in KZ and left the factory on a railcar your dealer can tell you exactly where it is unless it has been lost in transit. I saw where mine moved only 25 miles in 28 hours between two yards in southern Chicago. Not to worry you even more put there is a legendary video of a train loaded with car railcars that hit their emergency brake and pretty much every vehicle on the train crashed through the front of the railcars or into the back of the car in front of it. Wonder how the logistics reported the ETA on those vehicles?

That’s a dang good question. I should have re ordered long ago but was hopeful. Now I’m uncertain what is going to happen. I was told I’d get a call from the agent that gave me a case number with Jeep Cares and as i type no call or email. I just don’t get it!
Sponsored