2019 Orders in Canada

stil2low

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep jk
After a looong week I took delivery on Saturday. Only 12km on the clock. Ordered the gap hider during the week and installed it over the weekend. I actually ended up ordering the rear cargo mat kit which includes the gap hider because it was quite a bit cheaper than the gap hider by itself??

I included the slush mats in my original order but had I known that the carpet mats would be eliminated I would not have ordered them. FYI, the factory does not actually install the slush mats either. They were just in the back in a bag so I told the dealer I would install them. Anyway, the slush mats fit well in the footwells except for the drain piece that goes through the floor. The drain piece just pushes through the floor and sits there so if things don't line up exactly (mine doesn't) then it sits at a slight angle against the floor and I'm not sure that it is properly sealed. The mats are very stiff at the moment because of the cold weather so I'm hoping that when the weather warms up in the spring the mats will soften enough to push them down more.

My right rear door does not close flush with the body so I have to get the dealer to adjust that and there is one tiny paint blemish on the front of the hood which looks like a piece of dirt got under the paint. My dealer told me to come in during the week sometime so that their body shop technician could look at it. Minor stuff and some people wouldn't care or notice.

Biggest regret (and I can just see the nods of agreement) is not getting the remote proximity keyless entry. I tried to get it added a week after placing my order but it had already gone into D1 and FCA refused my request. Not a deal breaker though.

Today we're expecting a big snowstorm so it looks like I took delivery just in time. :LOL:

IMG_0286.jpg
IMG_0288.jpg
Looking good bud! Glad you finally got to pick it up
The door not fully latching maybe? My rear gate sometimes won’t and have to reopen and flick the catch up a bit for it to close fully. Only happens when it’s cold tho and it’s been damn cold up here lol
-33c (-41 wind chill) on my way home from work this morning
Sponsored

Gbart

First Name
Gord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Van
The door not fully latching maybe? My rear gate sometimes won’t and have to reopen and flick the catch up a bit for it to close fully. Only happens when it’s cold tho and it’s been damn cold up here lol
I know Jeeps are known for doors that need a bit of extra effort to close so it's possible it's not latching properly. I'll look at it more closely. The rear gate needs a very firm slam to close properly on mine. We had it around -20c this morning but it's warmed up a bit to about -10c (-20 wind chill) now with blowing snow. Used 4HI already driving around today.

Gbart

First Name
Gord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Van
In light of the plethora of build delays over the past year, 26 days is simply remarkable. Hopefully it's a sign that Jeep is nailing down the build process and mine will arrive in 30 to 60 days, rather than 90+. I'm going on a two week cruise now (no internet), so hopefully when I return my dealer tells me it was built. Then only a 1 month delivery wait. Enjoy yours to the max!
I think Fastmover is going to have a nice surprise waiting for him when he gets back from his cruise. His build sheet shows up on Cryptostickers so chances are his Jeep might just make it to his dealer before he gets back or at least be on the way. :)

Gbart

First Name
Gord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Van
Dealer body shop manager looked at the door and the paint blemish on the hood. The door was not lined up properly and needed a small adjustment and now sits perfectly flush.

The hood on the other hand has some dirt or contaminant under the paint. They tried to buff it out but it is under the colour coat and the buffing started to go through the colour. The body shop manager said that it was unacceptable and that it had to be sanded out properly and the whole hood repainted. They have put in a warranty authorization request and will let me know.

Fastmover

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2.0L Billet JLR: Ordered 1/9. Delivered 2/13. Picked up 3/5.
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Dealer body shop manager looked at the door and the paint blemish on the hood. The door was not lined up properly and needed a small adjustment and now sits perfectly flush.

The hood on the other hand has some dirt or contaminant under the paint. They tried to buff it out but it is under the colour coat and the buffing started to go through the colour. The body shop manager said that it was unacceptable and that it had to be sanded out properly and the whole hood repainted. They have put in a warranty authorization request and will let me know.
Congratulations on receiving your Rubicon! It looks amazing! Sorry to hear about the problems you had to deal with. I like a new vehicle to show up perfect. I'm just catching up on the thread while waiting for my flight home from Fort Lauderdale. Yes, I saw my build sheet! Does that mean it may be built any day now, or it could already be built? I have to call my dealer on Monday and ask for the build status code.

Sponsored

Gbart

First Name
Gord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Van
Congratulations on receiving your Rubicon! It looks amazing! Sorry to hear about the problems you had to deal with. I like a new vehicle to show up perfect. I'm just catching up on the thread while waiting for my flight home from Fort Lauderdale. Yes, I saw my build sheet! Does that mean it may be built any day now, or it could already be built? I have to call my dealer on Monday and ask for the build status code.
A week after my build sheet appeared online my Jeep arrived at the dealer so I'd say there's a good chance yours has been built. Here's hoping it's on the way or even better waiting for you when you get back.

So far my dealer has been great and eager to sort out any issues. I almost expected them to buff out the bump in the paint and just give it back with the mark still there and say; "That's the best we can do". The fact that the body shop manager straight out said that it was unacceptable and should be sanded and repainted without me pushing for it was a pleasant surprise. I hope they keep up the level of service.

stil2low

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep jk

Right on glad they are getting you fixed up, if you can try and push for a factory painted hood. The mojito has enough flake that it might come out differently if they spray it at the dealer

stil2low

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep jk
If your build sheet is up good chance it is built ready to go. My friend sent me the pics of mine coming off the line and the next day my build sheet showed up then the window sticker the day after! fingers crossed for a speedy delivery

Gbart

First Name
Gord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Van
Right on glad they are getting you fixed up, if you can try and push for a factory painted hood. The mojito has enough flake that it might come out differently if they spray it at the dealer
I agree and it is a concern in the back of my mind but from the way they were talking it would be an in-house warranty repair. With the way the factory seems to be churning out Jeeps right now I doubt whether they would take the time to paint a separate hood just for that. Once the dealer lets me know that they have approval I'll address my concern about the colour matching with them.

Fastmover

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Ordered the gap hider during the week and installed it over the weekend.
IMG_0288.jpg
What's this gap hider you installed? Including your pic of your Mojito as it's so cool.

Sponsored

stil2low

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep jk
What's this gap hider you installed? Including your pic of your Mojito as it's so cool.
Gap hider is a cover that goes across the back seats when they are folded down. Don’t loose items into the abyss hahaha

875896B5-2596-4EA3-9830-B450577A3B97.png

Fastmover

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Gap hider is a cover that goes across the back seats when they are folded down. Don’t loose items into the abyss hahaha

875896B5-2596-4EA3-9830-B450577A3B97.png
Thanks. I don't think I'll have that gap with a 2 door's back seats. We'll see.

stil2low

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep jk
Order my lift today, always waiting when it comes to Jeeps lol
Had to test fit the tires and where it should sit :rock:

49FA17FE-83FA-405E-BB3C-4BE0EBE91781.jpeg

stil2low

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep jk
Thanks. I don't think I'll have that gap with a 2 door's back seats. We'll see.
Nope you will be good! They finally included a tie point for the rear seat when tumbled up. The JK didn’t have any and use to scare the crap out of me when I accelerated u a hill and it slammed back lol

Fastmover

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Apologies to BF Goodrich. We took off from FLL today and flew over the Goodyear Blimp which was cruising the beach beside the cruise port. Pretty cool sight.
Sponsored