Sponsored

I give you Sting-Gray!

sandtrooper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Jeep Wrangler JK Sport S 2-door
Is there any confirmation on when Sting-Gray 2drs will start production and has there been any more confirmation that it is indeed the same as Destroyer-Gray or any actual photos of the color beside the web renderings and the screen shot from the design video where it’s in the background in bad lighting?...
Sponsored

Vintage

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK
I 2nd this question - when on 2 doors?

YFD_322

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GC, 2019 GC SRT
I third this question my whole order process is on hold for this color but I have to tell you the white is looking better and better to me the contrast of the black trim is really standing out and I am a granite guy

Vintage

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK
I wanted white, can't go wrong with it, but GRANITE looks tough! Sting Gray would be my order but I am not waiting months and need to lock down my decision this week. White or Granite? Praying for Gray.

Nate

First Name
Mr. A-hole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator, 2019 Grand Cherokee, 2018 Road King, 1996 Bronco
Occupation
Machinist, Gunsmith and Dumbass Whisperer
Is there any confirmation on when Sting-Gray 2drs will start production and has there been any more confirmation that it is indeed the same as Destroyer-Gray or any actual photos of the color beside the web renderings and the screen shot from the design video where it’s in the background in bad lighting?...
Per the call I had this AM even the regional rep (SouthEast) has not seen one or has gotten an update on its release

Sponsored

Lurvis33

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Sting-Gray Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
Someone else posted in another thread that Punk’n & Ocean Blue were to become available/announced Feb 5 and Mojito on March 5. If they release in twos I’m going to assume Sting-Gray will be released with Mojito considering those are the four colors listed as “late-availability” on the configurator.

YFD_322

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GC, 2019 GC SRT
I wanted white, can't go wrong with it, but GRANITE looks tough! Sting Gray would be my order but I am not waiting months and need to lock down my decision this week. White or Granite? Praying for Gray.

If it’s like destroy a gray then I’m out I don’t like it. But I think I’m just gonna have to go with granite I’m dying to put my order in but I have to wait for the two door does anybody have a picture of a granite Rubicon JLU and do they know when we can order the two door?

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
If it’s like destroy a gray then I’m out I don’t like it. But I think I’m just gonna have to go with granite I’m dying to put my order in but I have to wait for the two door does anybody have a picture of a granite Rubicon JLU and do they know when we can order the two door?
Pretty sure you can order a 2 door now.

cbasil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
I third this question my whole order process is on hold for this color but I have to tell you the white is looking better and better to me the contrast of the black trim is really standing out and I am a granite guy

The beginning of the video has the best perspective to the size of the key fob that I've seen so far.

YFD_322

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GC, 2019 GC SRT
Is there any benefit in ordering a two door now since the first one is not going to be built until February 13?

Sponsored

Rubi

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Jeep JLR
Granite is too close to black; also not thrilled with the metallic chips embedded in the paint. Sting Gray is the only color I want. FCA, please stop jerking us around and give us some more info on its release date. Better yet just start producing Jeeps with this color; today!

Dynomite1371

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, Granite, Steel bumper, Safety, Cold Weather, Tow package, Premium Alpine, Black Leather and Mopar "self draining" Mats
Occupation
Police Officer
Pretty sure you can order a 2 door now.
You'll love Granite, it's nice because it's like getting 2 colors in one. Cloudy day-more flat and dark sunny day - the melltalics come alive!

Lurvis33

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Sting-Gray Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
Is there any benefit in ordering a two door now since the first one is not going to be built until February 13?
I’m pretty sure Sting-Gray and Destroyer Gray are the exact same paint code so in your case I wouldn’t wait to order a color that’s already released. You can order a 2 Door but the Hard Tops don’t get made until February 12 and Soft Tops on March 12. But I’d go ahead and order so you’re further up front in the line to be made. My dealer still can’t select Sting-Gray to order yet so I’m still waiting to get myself into the line.

Cwu21

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
:headbang::headbang::headbang:
Someone else posted in another thread that Punk’n & Ocean Blue were to become available/announced Feb 5 and Mojito on March 5. If they release in twos I’m going to assume Sting-Gray will be released with Mojito considering those are the four colors listed as “late-availability” on the configurator.

If OB is being avail Feb 5 when can we expect them to fulfill orders and start seeing them roll out on the lots? Dealer in Jacksonville says it’s not coming out until end of year. I think he was blowing smoke but I don’t really know :headbang:

Rubi

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Jeep JLR
:headbang::headbang::headbang:

If OB is being avail Feb 5 when can we expect them to fulfill orders and start seeing them roll out on the lots? Dealer in Jacksonville says it’s not coming out until end of year. I think he was blowing smoke but I don’t really know :headbang:
What is “OB”?
Sponsored