FatBoy01

FatBoy01

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Wrangler Sahara; 2001 Harley FatBoy; 2018 Wrangler Rubicon JL (Ordered)
Occupation
Retired @ 55
I was wondering about that (leaving it on at all times)...the theory was that if I attach/remove it every oil change, it may loosen against the fitting...does it hurt to leave it attached (short of the chance it could get caught/break)?
That sucker will probably come off and be history. They aren't that cheap either. I leave mine pressed into the end of the drain hose. SO, when I grab the drain hose, the nylon adapter is already on it. That way, no way to lose that little bugger since it's attached to a few feet of hose....
Sponsored

OP
OP
FatBoy01

FatBoy01

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Wrangler Sahara; 2001 Harley FatBoy; 2018 Wrangler Rubicon JL (Ordered)
Occupation
Retired @ 55
@BillyHW

Well, yet another oil drain valve trying to steal Fumoto's thunder. Good Luck with that..

I'll stick with the Fumoto myself.. Fumoto has sold over 10 million oil drain valves over the last 25 years. Fumoto is proven. They don't fail. You even find them on aircraft.

Maybe after the valve in the video has been around for a few years and if it has a clean track record, I will give it a second look.. The guy in the video is a dipshit... 8-)

In regard to the Fumoto oil drain valve, what a terrific adjunct!

Last edited:

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
The Fumoto Oil Drain Valve is a terrific, affordable add-on that Wrangler JL/JLU owner's should consider installing!

Fumoto Oil Drain Valve to use on a 2018 Wrangler JL / JLU with 3.6L Pentastar engine:
*see caveat below

Fumoto F106S along side of Fumoto LC-10 Locking Clip

View attachment 16770

Recommend:
Fumoto F106S M14-1.5 Drain Valve
- short nipple
Fumoto F106 M14-1.5 Drain Valve - no nipple if you will not be hose draining
Fumoto F106SX M14-1.5 Drain Valve - Adjustable nipple

Why install the Fumoto Oil Drain Valve:
  • Easier oil changes
  • Faster oil changes
  • No mechanical skills or tools needed to drain oil / no wrenching
  • No more issues with getting oil drain plug out
  • No more damaged threads on oil pan
  • No more lost or misplaced oil pan drain plug
  • Clean oil changes. Little mess, no fuss.
  • Virtually eliminates oil change driveway mess
  • No way to lose/misplace oil drain plug
  • Drain oil straight into a jug or into original 5qt oil container ... No splashing of oil
  • Aftermarket Skid Plate - No problem... you can attach drain hose to Fumoto Oil Valve with nipple
  • Fumoto Valve Lever can be secured in locked position
  • Great if you live in an apartment complex
  • You can easily pull an oil sample for analysis
  • No way, oil change guy at dealer/fast lube place can damage oil pan's drain hole threads
  • Fumoto Oil Change Valve is EASY to install. Minimal mechanical skills needed to install
  • Fumoto is recommended by many vehicle / heavy equipment manufacturers
  • Fumoto comes as standard equipment on many brands of heavy equipment
  • Fumoto F106S Oil Change Valve with Fumoto LC-10 Locking Clip- Retails for $29.00+-

Installation of the Fumoto Oil Drain Valve:
  1. Please take care when dealing with hot oil and hot engine parts
  2. Use a rag to clean around your oil drain plug to remove any dirt and grime
  3. Remove your factory oil drain plug with 13mm socket and drain the oil into a suitable container
  4. Apply a thin film of oil to both sides of the blue gasket that came with the Fumoto
  5. Install your Fumoto valve and tighten until hand tight, making sure only the blue gasket is used
  6. Using wrench, tighten by a further 1/8 to 1/4 turn. Don't over tighten! Torque 20 Ft/lbs
  7. Open/close the valve a few times to check operation and to familiarize yourself with how it works
  8. Make sure your Fumoto valve is in the closed (locked) position.
  9. Place locking clip on Fumoto valve / this locks oil release lever in closed position
  10. Change oil filter. 24mm socket to remove cartridge cover; Tighten cartridge cover to 18 Ft/lbs
  11. Fill with 5 quarts of factory recommended grade & weight motor oil
  12. Go to installed Fumoto Oil Drain Valve and check for oil leaks
  13. Bag and label factory oil drain plug and place in storage

What to use to lock the Fumoto Oil Valve release lever:
  • Fumoto LC-10 locking clip
  • Zip Tie
  • 5/8" metal hose clamp
View attachment 16760

View attachment 16761

View attachment 16746

View attachment 16874
Caution!
View attachment 16875

IF you go with the F106S short nipple Fumoto Oil Change Valve, you will also need a
SH-10: Socket for the S-type Fumoto Valve. Cost is about $1.00 for this socket.

SH-10: Socket
View attachment 16903

View attachment 16906

*Caveat: Do, Google Search in regard to the Wrangler and the Fumoto Oil Change Valve. Many Wrangler owner's rant and rave positively about the valve while some others show concern that the Fumoto Oil Drain Valve could be damaged when rock climbing, etc.. Do research and decide if the Fumoto Oil Change Valve is for you.

Note: The author of this post has no financial interest in Fumoto, Inc. He is not in in any position to gain financially from sales of the Fumoto Oil Drain Valves.
View attachment 16769
Bah!!

I put teo of these in my amazon cart way back in February - one for the Wrangler and one for my GMC. At some
The Fumoto Oil Drain Valve is a terrific, affordable add-on that Wrangler JL/JLU owner's should consider installing!

Fumoto Oil Drain Valve to use on a 2018 Wrangler JL / JLU with 3.6L Pentastar engine:
*see caveat below

Fumoto F106S along side of Fumoto LC-10 Locking Clip

View attachment 16770

Recommend:
Fumoto F106S M14-1.5 Drain Valve
- short nipple
Fumoto F106 M14-1.5 Drain Valve - no nipple if you will not be hose draining
Fumoto F106SX M14-1.5 Drain Valve - Adjustable nipple

Why install the Fumoto Oil Drain Valve:
  • Easier oil changes
  • Faster oil changes
  • No mechanical skills or tools needed to drain oil / no wrenching
  • No more issues with getting oil drain plug out
  • No more damaged threads on oil pan
  • No more lost or misplaced oil pan drain plug
  • Clean oil changes. Little mess, no fuss.
  • Virtually eliminates oil change driveway mess
  • No way to lose/misplace oil drain plug
  • Drain oil straight into a jug or into original 5qt oil container ... No splashing of oil
  • Aftermarket Skid Plate - No problem... you can attach drain hose to Fumoto Oil Valve with nipple
  • Fumoto Valve Lever can be secured in locked position
  • Great if you live in an apartment complex
  • You can easily pull an oil sample for analysis
  • No way, oil change guy at dealer/fast lube place can damage oil pan's drain hole threads
  • Fumoto Oil Change Valve is EASY to install. Minimal mechanical skills needed to install
  • Fumoto is recommended by many vehicle / heavy equipment manufacturers
  • Fumoto comes as standard equipment on many brands of heavy equipment
  • Fumoto F106S Oil Change Valve with Fumoto LC-10 Locking Clip- Retails for $29.00+-

Installation of the Fumoto Oil Drain Valve:
  1. Please take care when dealing with hot oil and hot engine parts
  2. Use a rag to clean around your oil drain plug to remove any dirt and grime
  3. Remove your factory oil drain plug with 13mm socket and drain the oil into a suitable container
  4. Apply a thin film of oil to both sides of the blue gasket that came with the Fumoto
  5. Install your Fumoto valve and tighten until hand tight, making sure only the blue gasket is used
  6. Using wrench, tighten by a further 1/8 to 1/4 turn. Don't over tighten! Torque 20 Ft/lbs
  7. Open/close the valve a few times to check operation and to familiarize yourself with how it works
  8. Make sure your Fumoto valve is in the closed (locked) position.
  9. Place locking clip on Fumoto valve / this locks oil release lever in closed position
  10. Change oil filter. 24mm socket to remove cartridge cover; Tighten cartridge cover to 18 Ft/lbs
  11. Fill with 5 quarts of factory recommended grade & weight motor oil
  12. Go to installed Fumoto Oil Drain Valve and check for oil leaks
  13. Bag and label factory oil drain plug and place in storage

What to use to lock the Fumoto Oil Valve release lever:
  • Fumoto LC-10 locking clip
  • Zip Tie
  • 5/8" metal hose clamp
View attachment 16760

View attachment 16761

View attachment 16746

View attachment 16874
Caution!
View attachment 16875

IF you go with the F106S short nipple Fumoto Oil Change Valve, you will also need a
SH-10: Socket for the S-type Fumoto Valve. Cost is about $1.00 for this socket.

SH-10: Socket
View attachment 16903

View attachment 16906

*Caveat: Do, Google Search in regard to the Wrangler and the Fumoto Oil Change Valve. Many Wrangler owner's rant and rave positively about the valve while some others show concern that the Fumoto Oil Drain Valve could be damaged when rock climbing, etc.. Do research and decide if the Fumoto Oil Change Valve is for you.

Note: The author of this post has no financial interest in Fumoto, Inc. He is not in in any position to gain financially from sales of the Fumoto Oil Drain Valves.
View attachment 16769
I’m so disappointed with myself. Back in February when my Jeep lived only as a status D order, I threw one of these in my amazon cart. I also threw in an F107SX in for my GMC. Every checkout since then, I’d say, “nah, not a good time to burn $80.”

Well, sine I was edging toward 5k miles in the Jeep I decided to pull the trigger. Lazy me thought he remembered which valve went to which vehicle, though, and didn’t bother to double check.

So, yesterday, there I was under the Jeep admiring must perfectly OK looking welds, fumoto in hand, when I discover I ordered the wrong damn one.

Argh!

Oh, well. Now I have to change oil in my wife’s GMC so I can at least see the thing in action, and I’ll be ordering the correct one for the Jeep in a couple of months when I creep towards 10k on the odometer.

At least I got to experience how easy oil changes are for the Jeep. That oil filter design is fantastic! No mess!

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@OldGuyNewJeep

All the Fumoto oil drain valve info in this thread in regard to which to buy, is correct. SO, I gather you just ordered the wrong one and your errir had nothing to do with this thread.

By the way, I have had Fumoto oil drain valves on all types of vehicles, to include all my Wrangler's to include the JL. I would not consider using any other oil drain valve.

I have the Fumoto F106S M14-1.5 Drain Valve - short nipple on my 2018, 3.6 powered, JL. I love it!

Sponsored

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
@OldGuyNewJeep

All the Fumoto oil drain valve info in this thread in regard to which to buy, is correct. SO, I gather you just ordered the wrong one and your errir had nothing to do with this thread.

By the way, I have had Fumoto oil drain valves on all types of vehicles, to include all my Wrangler's to include the JL. I would not consider using any other oil drain valve.

I have the Fumoto F106S M14-1.5 Drain Valve - short nipple on my 2018, 3.6 powered, JL. I love it!
Yep. I had two in my cart - one for the Jeep and one for my wife’s Yukon. I meant to pull the trigger on the former, but actually did so on the latter. No biggie, I need both. It just means I’m gonna have to do one more “old fashioned” change on the Jeep.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@Arterius2

Per Fumoto, both the 3.6L and the 2.0L use the same Fumoto Oil Drain Valve series.... F106
M14-1.5

c2m2h3

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JKU Wrangler Sahara
FatBoy01,

Probably a foolish question, but in reference the neo magnet, are you saying to just affix it to the outside, underside of the oil pan ?

Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FatBoy01,

Probably a foolish question, but in reference the neo magnet, are you saying to just affix it to the outside, underside of the oil pan ?
@c2m2h3

The oil pan is aluminum, so obviously, you will not get a magnet to magnetically attach to the oil pan. IF you wanted to, you could get an old drain plug with a magnet end on it.

Since you are posting in this Fumoto thread .... may be wanting to install a Fumoto and may be wanting a magnet in the mix...

Well, you can affix a strong/quality neo-magnet to the oil pan, say close to the where the drain hole is.

When you go to do your oil change, just before you open the Fumoto valve, remove the magnet from the pan.

After the magnet is removed, drain the oil and then re-affix the magnet after the oil change.

I myself do not use a magnet. I have a friend that does (not on a JL) but his vehicle also has an aluminum oil pan and he uses Industrial Strength, 15#, all weather Velcro to secure his very strong, magnet to the aluminum oil pan. It holds that magnet on there so well, it takes the finger tip grip of God, to remove it. The Velcro has held up well over 3 Winter's so far for my friend.

c2m2h3

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JKU Wrangler Sahara
Thanks for the info and quick reply...

rockadile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLUR
In case anyone is interested, Fumoto is running a sale this weekend for 10% and free shipping on any order of $25 or more. Coupon code is "PRES".

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
I’m honestly not sure I would run one of these petcock style valves unless I had a skid plate covering my oil pan, I’m just to concerned hitting something or going thru tall brush that it might open. I know there is a plastic clip that supposedly helps to keep this from happening but I’m thinking that stock bolt will suite my needs for now

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@WranglerMan

I use a metal hose clamp on mine. NO WAY, are you going to get that hose clamp, off with your fingers or see it getting pulled off accidentally.

For sure, I would not run a Fumoto if I was rock climbing with the Wrangler. For running through the woods, through grassy areas and especially navigating the streets, around the mall in your Sahara, you would be aok.

I do not use the plastic clip that Fumoto sells. It is pretty stout and will hold the valve lever closed but I want something like the hose clip I use that can't be easily removed, etc..

Didi I mention that I and many other's run the Fumoto on heavy equipment, aircraft and such.. The Fumoto is not a flimsy valve... You have a far far better chance of cross threading your oil drain plug and having a dilemma then the Fumoto being broken/snagged off..

5/8" metal Hose Clamp .... you won't get it off unless you have a good pair of pliers and then it will fight you..
clip.jpg
Sponsored